Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The LOGOS Are Now Discontinued...!

Well...finally?

A good piece of news for those who wanted this longest run of a specific model to be discontinued has got their wishes. And for those who were on the fence these past years, whether or not to get as you were unsure if it ever gonna be discon need to hurry to source for one, as owners of the Logos might just as well keep this future classic as the new replacements are nothing close to the Original Logos.

The incoming replacement are Pam 1000 and Pam 1005 (Pam 01000 and Pam 01005) and will be released with serial number starting with S.

They are very much similar with their outgoing Logo but with the "new" and "improved" specifications of the current Luminor cases (which started with the first, Pam 634), snap on Caseback, WR100m and spring bar. BUT, this time round, to make it an affordable piece, OP is not going to include a second extra strap.

AWESOME! Now OP will earn more with accessories sales.

p.s. no pics as of yet from OP just like any other discon news.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Seems like the 380 surived this unscathed. But likeky to be a matter of time.

However, the dial aesthetics appear unchanged just the case only?
    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

My take is, yes. They will be using the same exact dial since OP is still keeping the model number intact but just adding an additional number 1 to the model numbers. Like the outgoing 312 which is now 1312 (exact dial with thinner movement), the Pam 01000 and Pam 01005 will be using the same exact dial and same ETA just different case.

Back when there used to be only so few Logos (Pam 0, Pam 5, Pam 195 and Pam 360) now, they are like everywhere.

Current Panerai Models With Logo:

Pam 634
      Pam 630
      Pam 631
      Pam 632
      Pam 660
      Pam 617
      Pam 1000
      Pam 1005

Comment

In this case, i reckon it will be more accurate to surmise that the logos will still continue albeit as a new offering.
        I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
        http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

You can say so...but to me, it's the legacy that lives but the Logos train have departed with the introduction of the new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
            My take is, yes. They will be using the same exact dial since OP is still keeping the model number intact but just adding an additional number 1 to the model numbers. Like the outgoing 312 which is now 1312 (exact dial with thinner movement), the Pam 01000 and Pam 01005 will be using the same exact dial and same ETA just different case.

Back when there used to be only so few Logos (Pam 0, Pam 5, Pam 195 and Pam 360) now, they are like everywhere.

Current Panerai Models With Logo:

Pam 634
            Pam 630
            Pam 631
            Pam 632
            Pam 660
            Pam 617
            Pam 1000
            Pam 1005

424? No?
            Current Love
            Pam 312
            Pam 210
            Pam 372
            Pam 424

Comment

Originally posted by lizardking View Post
              424? No?
              I was referring to the Luminors (Base/Marina/1950) as the Logos are usually associated with the Luminors. When one talked about Logos, the Zero and Fiver usually came to mind and the hardcore ones will relate to the ultimate original logo...the 201A.

But you are right, if we include the Radiomirs in, there's the Black Seal 380 and or course the Cali dial 424.

Comment

Our of plain curiosity, what's the price of the 'new' logo? Any idea?
                Probably somewhere after the 300 series, I lost track of the various models available. Nowadays when I see a Pam that look unfamiliar, where previously I would think that it's a fake, now must be more careful in case it turns out to be some special limited boutique commemmerative regular restricted production model.
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                  ...what's the price of the 'new' logo? Any idea?...
                  Should be the same as the outgoing Logos...that's until the next price adjustments from Panerai.

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                  ...special limited boutique commemmerative regular restricted production model...

Comment

That's blasphemy!

Same price but basically a lesser watch? Come on OP, you can do better than that!

Comment

Don't get it about the new pam1005. How can a newer model be more inferior in terms of specs and only difference I see is a thinner body? Have Richmond ran out of ideas?

Comment

That's why I stopped buying new Penerai. Too many models, basic ones have gotten worst in terms of specs and also too many 47mm - WTF, might as well wear a CLOCK on your wrist

Older models still rule

Comment

I hope the day doesn't come when the original quality become so bad and the fake quality become so good that a fake 000 is actually better than a real 1000.

That will be a real disaster....

Wait.... That day did already happened with the 318 a while ago...

Comment

i would say it is already happening.

i won't be surprise to see a pam 632/1005 1:1 replicas or the likes with screw lugs and screw on caseback coming soon... to a cinema near you.. LOL

Comment

Just like to add that panerai could have considered doing what Rolex did with the Tudor brand.

Basically retaining the quality and high standards of panerai but at the same time start a sister brand and share same design but maybe cheaper production requirement like the snap on case back and springbar on the sister brand.

That would have ensured panerai's brand equity is maintained while attracting the young, affluent and up and coming market into the entry level luxury segment with a sister brand.

maybe can call it Pandor or something.. Lol

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X