Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resale Value - Panerai

Hi bros

I wish to find out your experience of the average price of a Panerai from it's new price.
    - before the 24months warranty, and
    - after the 24months warranty

My personal experience with a gd Omega piece of below $10k is about 60-70% within warranty and 40-50% after.

Pls share....

Thanks
    Last edited by Bluesky; 15-03-09, 05:02 PM. Reason: Typo error

bro depends what kind of panerais and what series.. very hard to generalise like this.

Comment

I bought my Pam63C for $5000+ in 2000. I think I can sell it at $7000+ anytime.

Comment

It's really difficult to generalize like that. Panerai does not follow the rule of thumb depreciation as other brands like Omega. You have to understand that this is a completely different market segment and ballgame altogether for Panerai. One main consideration is in each model's total production run, the other of course is the perceived collectability of the model. Some main points to share:

1. Historic manual wind models are more popular than Automatics (with the exception of the PAM28, PAM64 etc)
        2. Out of production models command a higher value than what is available in the current official catalogue
        3. Special Edition models garner a fervent interest, and usually command a higher resale price, some even higher than the RRP
        4. You'll need to sell a body organ to buy a Vintage and Neo-vintage (produced in 1990's with T-dials)

So, if you have puchased a PAM2A in 1998 for SGD$2k+, and sold it in 2007, you'll be laughing to the bank with your sale as the resale price was between S$20k-S$30k.

However, contemporary pieces like PAM104 takes a slight beating these days. You might purchase a brand new piece at about 8K and if you were to sell it, you would suffer a 10-15% depreciation. But it's anyone's guess whether the pam104 will continue in existence or will it be replaced by new redesigned 44mm fiddy cases that look more refined. If it's discontinued one fine day, prices may appreciate past the RRP.... and you'll wear it for free if one day you should decide to sell it.

My 2 cents.
        "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

It's really difficult to generalize like that. Panerai does not follow the rule of thumb depreciation as other brands like Omega. You have to understand that this is a completely different market segment and ballgame altogether for Panerai. One main consideration is in each model's total production run, the other of course is the perceived collectability of the model. Some main points to share:

1. Historic manual wind models are more popular than Automatics (with the exception of the PAM28, PAM64 etc)
          2. Out of production models command a higher value than what is available in the current official catalogue
          3. Special Edition models garner a fervent interest, and usually command a higher resale price, some even higher than the RRP
          4. You'll need to sell a body organ to buy a Vintage and Neo-vintage (produced in 1990's with T-dials)

So, if you have puchased a PAM2A in 1998 for SGD$2k+, and sold it in 2007, you'll be laughing to the bank with your sale as the resale price was between S$20k-S$30k.

However, contemporary pieces like PAM104 takes a slight beating these days. You might purchase a brand new piece at about 8K and if you were to sell it, you would suffer a 10-15% depreciation. But it's anyone's guess whether the pam104 will continue in existence or will it be replaced by new redesigned 44mm fiddy cases that look more refined. If it's discontinued one fine day, prices may appreciate past the RRP.... and you'll wear it for free if one day you decide to sell it.

My 2 cents.
          "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
          --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            I bought my Pam63C for $5000+ in 2000. I think I can sell it at $7000+ anytime.
            Yo 116520, your Pam 63C chioz leh.
            the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Shifu Destro22BT! what about abang 116520 63C now? worn for 3-4 yrs somemore can make thousands out of it! Shiokudo man!!

Comment

Thank you Thank you... will take some wrist shot soon....

Originally posted by kermit e froggy View Post
                Yo 116520, your Pam 63C chioz leh.

Comment

Actually worn for almost 9 years.... got feeling to it already...

Originally posted by louie View Post
                  Shifu Destro22BT! what about abang 116520 63C now? worn for 3-4 yrs somemore can make thousands out of it! Shiokudo man!!

Comment

Actually worn for almost 9 years.... got feeling to it already...
                    very lucky to have brought your 63 at 5k,my other friend also brought his 90 5k plus nia back in the year 2000...

Comment

Pam 90 is damn nice... I can't get it in those years... super long waiting list... your friend damn lucky brought it for only 5k...how much does it worth now??
                      Originally posted by louie View Post
                      you very lucky to have brought your 63 at 5k,my other friend also brought his 90 5k plus nia back in the year 2000..

Comment

Pam 90 is damn nice... I can't get it in those years... super long waiting list... your friend damn lucky brought it for only 5k...how much does it worth now??
                        like yours lor,abt 7k...

Comment

Panerai? Where got value?

Just kidding kie.

U buy what sings to u.
                          To each his own.
                          Values, appreciation & etc are secondary

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Bro Destro for the illustrations with actual models. Can see why so PAM has such intense followings even during tough times like current. I hope to find more such illustrations in this forum.

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post

However, contemporary pieces like PAM104 takes a slight beating these days. You might purchase a brand new piece at about 8K and if you were to sell it, you would suffer a 10-15% depreciation. But it's anyone's guess whether the pam104 will continue in existence or will it be replaced by new redesigned 44mm fiddy cases that look more refined. If it's discontinued one fine day, prices may appreciate past the RRP.... and you'll wear it for free if one day you should decide to sell it.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
                              Just kidding kie.

U buy what sings to u.
                              To each his own.
                              Values, appreciation & etc are secondary
                              Well Said ! If value goes up, it's a Big Bonus to your collection !
                              the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X