Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok thread....

Hi guys...

Guess bangkok is one of the most common places for people to go for short holis... excluding the rich ppl of course..

I'll be heading there this coming wed... staying at Lebua...

This will be my second time there... any recommendations on eating places or day tours that are a MUST?
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Oh this 1...been there 2 years back. Good and bad experience hahaha...

1 thing hor...u guys may think I very "rich" hor? But this is the furthest place I have travelled. I am not joking. That's why I very sua ku

I spent so much on my phones,branded and watches...why? Because I cannot travel...maybe that's why I have quite abit in my reserves to play around. If I take those money...add up...I can go europe and such to shop already...but sadly I can't.

Ok...back to BKK.

It's a pretty good place I would say,less the ah kuas. Food is not bad,tried the ulu local cze chars and the restaurants. I prefer the restaurant hahaa...the local food not really my cup of tea.

For shopping...Paragon,MBK,Oriental would be a good place...lots of stuff. Good prices,got some branded stuffs at Paragon.

Pretty memorable place for me...got molested,shopped and sh!t alot. Coz I had food poisoning...and visited the hospital with that stupid taxi driver NOT KNOWING HOW TO GO!!! I was like in pain already...and he still searching for the place. Hahahaha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

darkie
      all part of the learning curve in life. You should travel alot more, will teach you to be a better person IMO. In my life I have travelled way too much for a student, until my school worried and stop me from going

maybe that is why i dont have any money to spend on branded goods like you since all my money is on travelling.

by 20, i had travelled to germany,france,japan,thailand,m'sia,sg,indonesia,c hina, and not once, but many times.

Anyhow back to topic... thailand nice place, cannot recommend any places for you, just go out with a free plan and go and look look. experience a day in local shoes imo
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        darkie
        all part of the learning curve in life. You should travel alot more, will teach you to be a better person IMO. In my life I have travelled way too much for a student, until my school worried and stop me from going

maybe that is why i dont have any money to spend on branded goods like you since all my money is on travelling.

by 20, i had travelled to germany,france,japan,thailand,m'sia,sg,indonesia,c hina, and not once, but many times.

Anyhow back to topic... thailand nice place, cannot recommend any places for you, just go out with a free plan and go and look look. experience a day in local shoes imo
        That's nice...I also want to travel but no chance. If lucky can go m'sia for half a day...that time wanted to go HK. But then...ended up...went m'sia genting and sunway for 3 days...but got compensation la

Comment

its ok. usually call a few good friends and go together. Just make sure no rolex,branded clothes, hp, etc. Act like a local as much as possible and you will be fine.

The only reason why people get into trouble in other countries is because they act smart and big shot, thus causing them trouble.
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            its ok. usually call a few good friends and go together. Just make sure no rolex,branded clothes, hp, etc. Act like a local as much as possible and you will be fine.

The only reason why people get into trouble in other countries is because they act smart and big shot, thus causing them trouble.
            Yeah go there hav to be low profile

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
              Hi guys...

Guess bangkok is one of the most common places for people to go for short holis... excluding the rich ppl of course..

I'll be heading there this coming wed... staying at Lebua...

This will be my second time there... any recommendations on eating places or day tours that are a MUST?
              I'm not rich so bangkok is one of those country that i visit annually. Usually stay around Pratunam area as its easily accessible to train station, shopping malls, night markets, eating place, etc.

Half day tours can be quite boring, probably you will only do it once. Brings you to the touristy places and end up with shoppin in the factory outlets, nothing to buy actually.

My usual itinenary includes going to MBK to tailor my shirts and pants, Siam square to shop for more unique clothes, Chatuchak market in search of vintage 2nd hand stuffs. Bf/lunch are usually local food, i love them! (My gf got severe food poisoning once thou but it doesnt stop her from eating them again. ). Dinner will be either chinatown or some restaurant. Oh yes, rooftop bar and restaurant is quite cool too. Good place to impress gals but at a price. Entertainment wise, you will be limited if you are there with you gf. Massage is a daily affair thou, very shiok. Foot reflexology, thai body massage, etc...

Comment

told u abt mekong catfish.....since u got so many days, try a day trip to fight yr butt outta... hee

info as follows:

rob these pics from fishingkaki... hehee

info:
                http://www.geocities.com/bungsamran/introduction.html

http://www.siamfishingtours.com/bungsamlan.html

as for night activities:

go tiger show... hahhaa... see tai kok chabor 'drink' coke
                can go with gf lah, last time i go, i see alot of female tourist go also.

Comment

I read up the info on those fishing liao...

Full package inclusive of fishing, rod, bait, transport to and fro hotel... ard 5000 baht...
                  A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by vandyk View Post
                    I'm not rich so bangkok is one of those country that i visit annually. Usually stay around Pratunam area as its easily accessible to train station, shopping malls, night markets, eating place, etc.

Half day tours can be quite boring, probably you will only do it once. Brings you to the touristy places and end up with shoppin in the factory outlets, nothing to buy actually.

My usual itinenary includes going to MBK to tailor my shirts and pants, Siam square to shop for more unique clothes, Chatuchak market in search of vintage 2nd hand stuffs. Bf/lunch are usually local food, i love them! (My gf got severe food poisoning once thou but it doesnt stop her from eating them again. ). Dinner will be either chinatown or some restaurant. Oh yes, rooftop bar and restaurant is quite cool too. Good place to impress gals but at a price. Entertainment wise, you will be limited if you are there with you gf. Massage is a daily affair thou, very shiok. Foot reflexology, thai body massage, etc...
                    wow...... maybe i go to thailand i go to those places.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Yeah go there hav to be low profile
                    very good. Next thing to learn: being alert of your surroundings even in the "comfort" of your hotel room.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

erm...so far i tink bangkok quite safe lar..haha..as long not in patpong area can liao..hahaha....aniwae if u wear branded watches oso no worries lor..there sell so many fakes and the locals aint too bothered abt watches...but remember dun wear any gold or diamonds...hahaha...me and my kakis survived there for 2months with hublot,sub tt,panerai 183 and 111j with no problems at all..hahaha...
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                        I read up the info on those fishing liao...

Full package inclusive of fishing, rod, bait, transport to and fro hotel... ard 5000 baht...
                        5k thb, wow, quite alot, can buy a couple of nite of 'comfort' leow

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                          5k thb, wow, quite alot, can buy a couple of nite of 'comfort' leow
                          Hahahaha....he already bringing his own there leh

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          erm...so far i tink bangkok quite safe lar..haha..as long not in patpong area can liao..hahaha....aniwae if u wear branded watches oso no worries lor..there sell so many fakes and the locals aint too bothered abt watches...but remember dun wear any gold or diamonds...hahaha...me and my kakis survived there for 2months with hublot,sub tt,panerai 183 and 111j with no problems at all..hahaha...
                          Yeah bangkok is quite safe...chances of getting molested by ah kua is higher than getting robbed. SO no worries

Err...so which 1 of the above is your watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                            Hahahaha....he already bringing his own there leh
                            + a few hundred million O~

Comment

hahaha..juz make a wild guess?lol.....mi low profile...not the big timer type..kekeke
                              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X