Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you wear your ROLEX, tight or loose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you wear your ROLEX, tight or loose?

Was at RSC last week to resize a new piece. All the while i like my to wear my piece loose (1 little finger space can slide in) The lady over counter advise me to resize it to be "SNUG fit" leaving about 4 to 5 mm in gap

She says the tighter it is the bracklet will not STRETCH over time. Once stretched she say nothing can be done.

Did some reading. I think she is right. Yes, the bracklet should be fitted TOO LOOSE or else will look like this in the long run

You can read more here... http://www.clockmaker.com.au/rolex/5513bracelet.html

I was also comparing the SUB/EXPLORER bracklets with those GMT2c/DTAEJUST found the older sports bracklets flimsy as compared to the new easylink Oyster bracklets - which are sturdier and strong and SOLID feel!

My SUB/EXPLs are all Z to M series which are Solid End Links but I feel still flimsy and light. BTW this is how u tell if U have SEL bracklets

http://bjsonline.com/watches/articles/0011.shtml

BTW any expert here can share how you define a bracklet is "loose"? i.e. gaps between the pieces > XXmm etc? or Curverature should not slag more than XXmm?

Advise appreciated.

I would say...most impt is that u are comfortable..and the watch doesn't move ard when u move your hand...

and oh...best is that there is no obvious red and tight watch mark if u remove your watch

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

It doesn't matter how one defines "loose" unless you are referring to a woman. Ok, I'm kidding. I think it is most important how comfortable it is when you wear it.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

prefer loose woman ... oops bracelet ....bought an extra link to fit . i also advocate comfort 1st

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          I would say...most impt is that u are comfortable..and the watch doesn't move ard when u move your hand...

and oh...best is that there is no obvious red and tight watch mark if u remove your watch
          That a good guide.

Comment

and dont forget to use the stepped adjustments to get the right fit. during the summer and winter seasons, i find myself adjusting the small adjustments to allow for swelling of the wrist.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i like 'em tight

reason being that I can better prevent them from accidental knocks when I move my hand
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

i like to wear my bracelet watches tight. loose just looks sloppy.
                fallraen
                "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Met the shop keeper of Top Hour (in LP) he also advise to wear the bracelet tight not loose, especially for jubilee. Not sure abt President bracklet - never ask.

Comment

For comfort, I always give slight allowance to my wrist. Don't like the gripping feel on my wrist of it is too tight.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      and dont forget to use the stepped adjustments to get the right fit. during the summer and winter seasons, i find myself adjusting the small adjustments to allow for swelling of the wrist.
                      We are having summer all year round here

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i like it with some lag for comfort. Hot + sweat + tight = Uncomfortable for WATCH.

It is damaging for bracelet but i guess it wont wear out so fast.

Blame the hot weather.
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

For me, I wear it good fit, meaning the watch can slide a bit, but NOT loose type lah...

Quite true, when the weather is HOT, you will feel the watch getting tighter. when it is in aircon, the watch becomes loose

Comment

I left my 16610 loose and it scratched against cuff links and also seemed to bang against walls more often. Now I wear all of them snug and no issue. Just my two cents.
                            Rolex Sub 16610
                            Rolex Explorer 14270
                            Rolex Yacht-Master 16622
                            Rolex DJ 116200
                            Patek Philippe 3820R
                            It's hard to be a married watch collector

Comment

Just wear it the way it suits your lifestyle best. Strap is a tool, we adapt the strap to suit our lifestyles not the other way round...hehe...so for a desktop surfer like me it's got to be a little closer to snug. Perhaps 1/2 finger allowance.
                              elusive

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X