Tired of The Waiting Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of The Waiting Game

Have been waiting patiently for Batman and Hulk for more than 1 year but still no news yet. Getting more and more impatient now.

Any shifu can share on how to get one at retail price? Not looking to buy premium at gray

Went to Bangkok 2 weeks ago and interesting enough they sell Rolex in package I.e you can get Batman on the spot if you buy a Datejust together. Wonder is such practise available in Singapore?

if you are getting impatient, then there is not much choice but to get from gray dealers at premium price.

else you can continue to wait. maybe it will arrive maybe not.

as for buying as a package, you can try. no harm right?

Originally posted by IanTan View Post
    Have been waiting patiently for Batman and Hulk for more than 1 year but still no news yet. Getting more and more impatient now.

Any shifu can share on how to get one at retail price? Not looking to buy premium at gray

Went to Bangkok 2 weeks ago and interesting enough they sell Rolex in package I.e you can get Batman on the spot if you buy a Datejust together. Wonder is such practise available in Singapore?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      if you are getting impatient, then there is not much choice but to get from gray dealers at premium price.

else you can continue to wait. maybe it will arrive maybe not.

as for buying as a package, you can try. no harm right?
      Just wondering anyone here had done it successfully with their trusted AD before?

Some other tricks I heard to jump the so called waiting list is to place a 30-50% deposit of the retail price of the watch so that you are 'more guaranteed' to be allocated your desired watch. Called a few ADs and told such practise is not allowed

Comment

successfully done what with trusted AD?

put yourself in the AD position, will you tell someone over the phone that you can put a deposit to queue jump?

Just wondering anyone here had done it successfully with their trusted AD before?

Some other tricks I heard to jump the so called waiting list is to place a 30-50% deposit of the retail price of the watch so that you are 'more guaranteed' to be allocated your desired watch. Called a few ADs and told such practise is not allowed
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          successfully done what with trusted AD?

put yourself in the AD position, will you tell someone over the phone that you can put a deposit to queue jump?
          I've personally walked into every single Rolex AD/ Boutique with my credit cards/ cash on hands to place my deposit or even full retail price readily but declined. Lol

Comment

Before I came into the Rolex world I used to perceive that all the models are readily available. Of course reality differs much. Aside from having to pay a high premium to get that desired model, it seems that one has to depend on his affinity with the watch; or perhaps rather it is the timepiece that chooses its owner. Just thinking.

Comment

I've personally walked into every single Rolex AD/ Boutique with my credit cards/ cash on hands to place my deposit or even full retail price readily but declined. Lol
              lol wait long long. U r not the only 1 with cash. With these hot models that everyone is looking for, either u wait or too bad 😂😂😂 since they don't even need to do their sales talk to get u to buy. Alternatively u can pay premium 😝

Comment

Originally posted by Snowspeeder View Post
                Before I came into the Rolex world I used to perceive that all the models are readily available. Of course reality differs much. Aside from having to pay a high premium to get that desired model, it seems that one has to depend on his affinity with the watch; or perhaps rather it is the timepiece that chooses its owner. Just thinking.
                lol something like fate? 😂👍

Comment

Yes I've been told before by an AD here if you buy say 2 pieces or more they can get the BLNR for you. For SS Daytona at least 250K. You decide.

Comment

which SS model number?

Originally posted by Beck View Post
                    Yes I've been told before by an AD here if you buy say 2 pieces or more they can get the BLNR for you. For SS Daytona at least 250K. You decide.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

I'm surprised the Thai AD made you such an offer. It hasn't been the case here in our local ADs. So far locally, no ADs had made such a pitch, at least maybe not to me. For the BATMAN, maybe you have a slightly better chance of getting it at retail price from an AD in a shorter wait time (1-2 years). For the HULK, most ADs I spoke to for the past few months told me to wait for 2-3 years
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Sounds new to me. I don't think the ADs would accept this form of payment for the popular ROLEX sports models, and anyway, they don't need to.

I am actually very tempted to suggest to the ADs to do like what the telcos do whenever new phones are launched and people start hogging the shops to buy the phones. The telcos would usually place a signboard outside their shops to inform potential customers which new phone models are AVAILABLE, which are OUT OF STOCK, etc. Likewise, the ADs can do the same for those popular watch models.

I'm very tired and demoralized to have to always walk into several ADs every two days to ask if they have stock for those few ROLEX sports models
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Sorry for the slight miscom. What I meant to say was if you spend 250K or so on other pieces then they will be able to get the 116500 for you.

Comment

Same experience for myself, walking in with hopes and never fail to come out disappointed. Actually putting your names in the ADs waiting list is just a way to comfort you. As a walk-in, your chances of getting a hot ss sports model is almost 0. VVIP whom purchased other higher tier brands such as PP, will always get the first placing. (Proven as I've a friend who bought a few pateks, and was offered 43mm sea-dweller as well as a SS Daytona.)

The best way as of now I could advise is build relationship with your preferred AD. Showing sincerity, and no intention of being a flipper.

Comment

Repeat after me - bye bye Rolex

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X