Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying Sinn from THG vs Buying Sinn in Germany.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Sinn from THG vs Buying Sinn in Germany.

In the long term, may i know which is the better option?
    Opportunities come once

if u buy from THG, anything goes wrong, they can assist u to send to germany to service.

if u buy from germany or gray dealers in sg, then anything goes wrong, THG is not obliged to assist you.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Will price be your main consideration? If yes, definitely Germany is the best place to get Sinn watches. Even after discount, based on my experience, local AD can't beat the price of retail in Germany (after tax refund).

Comment

It shd be ok to buy Sinn from Overseas AD

After all, Sinn is so robust, I think you will not encounter problems even with everyday wear. I can testify it.

Comment

Originally posted by AK28 View Post
          After all, Sinn is so robust, I think you will not encounter problems even with everyday wear. I can testify it.

hmm I had 2 Sinns.

1 was spoilt within 6 days. Wrote complain letter to THG and after some hassle, replaced 1 to 1 after 14 days. first time they changed the whole movement. Within another week, the 857 became a non hack movement!!! In the end, had to replace whole watch.

2nd Sinn EZM3 had scratches in the AR but sadly, not covered by warranty. Can only blame myself for not checking properly when purchasing. but then again, when checking also hard to see cos only at specific lighting and angle then can easily see. Anyway, after a few months of wearing to work, watch stopped. took 2 months for sending back to Germany and come back. Reason being that EZM3 has AR inside so local THG watch makers cant fix it.

Only had 2 sinns and after that, realised the importance of still having local assistance if the price diff is not too much. Sinn's QC seem to be dropping recently. Do a check in WUS.

Note, I don hate sinn. In fact, I am still comtemplating on getting 1 in he near future. Just that might have to reconsider for models that require sending back to Germany if you prefer not to purchase form THG
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            hmm I had 2 Sinns.

1 was spoilt within 6 days. Wrote complain letter to THG and after some hassle, replaced 1 to 1 after 14 days. first time they changed the whole movement. Within another week, the 857 became a non hack movement!!! In the end, had to replace whole watch.

2nd Sinn EZM3 had scratches in the AR but sadly, not covered by warranty. Can only blame myself for not checking properly when purchasing. but then again, when checking also hard to see cos only at specific lighting and angle then can easily see. Anyway, after a few months of wearing to work, watch stopped. took 2 months for sending back to Germany and come back. Reason being that EZM3 has AR inside so local THG watch makers cant fix it.

Only had 2 sinns and after that, realised the importance of still having local assistance if the price diff is not too much. Sinn's QC seem to be dropping recently. Do a check in WUS.

Note, I don hate sinn. In fact, I am still comtemplating on getting 1 in he near future. Just that might have to reconsider for models that require sending back to Germany if you prefer not to purchase form THG
            What irony!
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for the warning....on Sinn's QC

In that case, this might be the last one that I will buy. Sigh... hope their QC will improve though... one of my fav brands.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                if u buy from THG, anything goes wrong, they can assist u to send to germany to service.

if u buy from germany or gray dealers in sg, then anything goes wrong, THG is not obliged to assist you.
                Bro triton,

I understand that Sinn had the agreement with THG. THG had to honor the warranty even if its not from them.

I spoken to Sinn factory before when I was in Germany last year and they told me that THG had to honor the warranty or else we as the buyer can write in directly to Sinn and complaint.

That is why I bought 2 Sinn back that year from Sinn factory. As to other fellow Sinn owners, I am lucky enough yet to experience my watch faulty within days, months or years.

Gd luck but my advise is if price not much of a different, you may want to consider getting it locally cos you can still get it replace rather than having to write in to Sinn if its from Grey market sellers.

Happy and good luck in Sinn collection.
                Greeting from Planet Earth
                ------------------------------

[COLOR="Orange"]Believe in yourself, earn your respect by respecting others. No one is perfect in this planet earth.[/COLOR]

Comment

In that case, this might be the last one that I will buy. Sigh... hope their QC will improve though... one of my fav brands.
                  don get me wrong. I am not trying to dissuade pple from buying from Sinn. just that regardless buy wat brand, there will still be a risk of suay suay getting a lemon thats all.
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

i think its really unfair to judge a brand cuz of a few lemons....bro exxodus is right,no matter what brand u get there is bound to be a lemon...why not let urself decide whether it has been good or not via ur own experience....i myself am impressed by its build and am getting another one myself if anything nice comes along...

Comment

Ok point taken... I notice u r also a proud owner of U Black

Me 2. How's your experience so far? I hope it is not lemon-ish for you so far. Mine is superb.... definitely not a lemon.

sweet as lemonade.

Comment

Buying SINN from THG or direct..?

Hi guys, I'd just like to find out the pros and cons of buying a Sinn from THG or direct from Frankfurt. I'm looking at buying a Sinn U1 SDR but I'm not sure if it's alright to make a purchase from Sinn Factory direct.

Also is there anything I should check if I was to purchase it 2nd hand i.e. condition and authenticity etc.

Hope you guys won't mind helping me out with your experience and opinions. Thanks for sharing and spending the time!!

Comment

buying direct - cheaper. however, when come to servicing, THG may not be so interested in servicing you.

buy from THG, can always go back to them, more willing to serve you.

anyway, depending on which model you looking, you can always try to go to their sale to see if any model u fancy is on sale. rest assured the u series is seldom or never seen on sale.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Sinn

Hi bro, when u mean buy direct, is it from this site:
                            http://www.sinnwatches.com/index.php
                            Currently owned:
                            • Rolex Sub Dated
                            • Panerai Luminor Marina Logo PAM 005
                            • Bell & Ross BR01-92 Carbon
                            • Rolex GMT Master 1675 Pepsi

Sold:
                            • U-Boat Flightdeck ABO
                            • Rolex Explorer II

Comment

Ic thanks for sharing bros!

Another curiosity is what would you check for if purchasing 2nd hand from another forum member (i.e. condition, serial no. and authenticity etc.)?

So sorry I had to drop another question..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X