This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q & A : Servicing Panerai Watches

Just sent in my PAM93E for servicing yesterday. It was bought in Sep 03 and I got it from the original owner late last year - he didn't send it for servicing during his period of ownership.

Was quoted $500. Ready to collect in 4 weeks' time.

Hi all,

Just to check what is the reason when you decide to send for servicing?

1) The date when it was 'born' and send for servicing after 3 to 5 years even it is still in good condition? Or

2) The time clock is out of track +/-10sec or more daily? Or

3) It had been an white elephant for years and service it when wanted to wear?

Of cos if there is a problem with the watch then service is logical.

iCliff00
    @You'll Never Walk Alone@

Comment

Reason for Servicing

Reason (1). Panerai watches are made to very high standards of quality. It is worth remembering that the mechanical parts run 24 hours a day when used, so the watch must undergo regular maintenance to ensure long life and good operation. The movement of your watch should be checked periodically by an Authorized Panerai Service Centre so as to preserve its perfect operation.

Of course, if the watch has a tendency to gain or lose time to a significant degree (your reason 2), the movement may even need to be overhauled.
      The movements are designed to withstand temperature variations between -10°C and + 60°C (14°F and 140°F). Outside this range of temperatures, operational variations exceeding those set out in the specifications of the movement may be noticed.

In addition, there is a risk that the lubricants contained in the movement may deteriorate, resulting in damage to some of its parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
        hi viper....thanks for the info...so i guess i am looking at 500 bucks too if i decide to send my pam104 for servicing too.
        It's a good yardstick for servicing, once 3-5 years and Panerai servicing really does not come cheap. For me, I'll only send it in if it gains/lose time by big amts. I tend to believe that the manual winding historic pieces are much more durable than the automatic contemporary pieces. Oh... one tip... when u're servicing Panerai, go straight to Daphne or Elizabeth (manager)... There's a certain lady at the service center whom I'll AVOID at all costs... REALLY REALLY BAD TRIP... and I'm not the only one.
        "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
          It's a good yardstick for servicing, once 3-5 years and Panerai servicing really does not come cheap. For me, I'll only send it in if it gains/lose time by big amts. I tend to believe that the manual winding historic pieces are much more durable than the automatic contemporary pieces. Oh... one tip... when u're servicing Panerai, go straight to Daphne or Elizabeth (manager)... There's a certain lady at the service center whom I'll AVOID at all costs... REALLY REALLY BAD TRIP... and I'm not the only one.
          care to elaborate more... in case i ever become a pan owner, i know what to look out for
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Dude, if u or anyone ever need any more details, I think it's better to go through PM instead and I'll share my story, and u can decide.
            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Dude, if u or anyone ever need any more details, I think it's better to go through PM instead and I'll share my story, and u can decide.
              noted. you will have PM soon
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Do I have to send to the Panerai watch service centre for servicing?
                Or alternatively, we can send to other authorize watch repair centre?
                I believe it can be much cheaper.
                @You'll Never Walk Alone@

Comment

i going to buy a pam000 from a owner soon..

anyone suggest to do verify at richmont?or not need to verify?
                  how much is the cost?
                  anyone know?
                  1st) RXW 2-counter PLAsmiR mILgRapH
                  2nd) PAM000J
                  3rd) Sea-Dweller

WishliSt :
                  1)AP diver
                  2)Sinn U1

Comment

Originally posted by skyline View Post
                    i going to buy a pam000 from a owner soon..

anyone suggest to do verify at richmont?or not need to verify?
                    how much is the cost?
                    anyone know?
                    Depends on how comfortable you are with the owner. Would suggest that you pay the $88 to check it out...
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

ic ,the cost is $88 la..?

i 1st time buying pam..so abit confuse..scare get a fake one.
                      but from wat i see,he is ok to do verify with me.
                      and the serial number on the cert/watch cant be fake.?
                      and i correct to say?
                      1st) RXW 2-counter PLAsmiR mILgRapH
                      2nd) PAM000J
                      3rd) Sea-Dweller

WishliSt :
                      1)AP diver
                      2)Sinn U1

Comment

Originally posted by skyline View Post
                        ic ,the cost is $88 la..?

i 1st time buying pam..so abit confuse..scare get a fake one.
                        but from wat i see,he is ok to do verify with me.
                        and the serial number on the cert/watch cant be fake.?
                        and i correct to say?
                        I'll only deal without verification if the following holds true:

1. it is NOT my first Panerai
                        2. The seller has a solid reputation on Paneristi/SG-ROC/Timezone/etc
                        3. Complete boxs (inner/outer and cardboard box WITH sticker, manuals, librettos, cosc, etc + complete set
                        4. All serial numbers checked out.

Else, especially if trading on a pre-owned piece with a non-see-through back, just spend $88 for peace of mind. U've already spent a huge sum on the watch... And once u get it, u'll probably spend another $200-300 on straps
                        So what more is $88 to you?
                        --Groucho Marx--

Comment

3. Complete boxs (inner/outer and cardboard box WITH sticker, manuals, librettos, cosc, etc + complete set

Else, especially if trading on a pre-owned piece with a non-see-through back, just spend $88 for peace of mind. U've already spent a huge sum on the watch... And once u get it, u'll probably spend another $200-300 on straps
                          valid points that apply to any watch really regardless of brand. even rolex although you may not spend more on straps, you may replace the crystal at some point in time, or change bezel etc etc.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

so am i right to assume that Richmont will service as well as verify the penerai watch even though it is not a local set?

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
                              so am i right to assume that Richmont will service as well as verify the penerai watch even though it is not a local set?
                              affirmative

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X