Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting in shape

Hey guys,

Opened this one to talk about getting in shape. Any queries, feel free to post. I will answer to my best knowledge.

Let me do an intro...

I'm Andy. Very short, small sized guy. Before building up a decent physique, (social)life was kinda pathetic. Asked 10 girls out, 9 will say no. The one who said yes, will look like monster or teletubby.

Too bored and no dates during Poly(after NS), started walking into gym since it doesn't need any dates. Started seeing good results, went more often. From once every other week, eventually trained 5 times a week. Took part in bodybuilding contests, had great fun.

Life has changed since stepping into gym almost 10yrs back.

Most importantly, confidence was boosted, spirit lifted, body feels strong and young. I love it.

I want to share this goodness with people. That's what keeps me going in this job. Not many can tahan a job that requires long hours and no guaranteed income.

Since we're mostly MEN here, I hope you guys take good care of your bodies. You take care of your body, it will give you lots of happiness that money can't buy.

regarding a question that seiko.citizen posted on how to lose weight...

This is the bare truth. To lose weight, one needs to:
    1. exercise
    2. have a diet that fits your goal (which is to lose weight)
    3. perform points 1 & 2 together, frequently, consistently, on a lifelong basis

Comment

how to get de six pax?

been training for mths n clean diet but no signs of even 2 pax..wat to do den?

Comment

Originally posted by melfiz View Post
        been training for mths n clean diet but no signs of even 2 pax..wat to do den?
        What does your training consist? Mind listing it out?

What do you mean by "clean" diet? Tell me.

Comment

the first 2 points cannot agree more. when i went into NS, lost a good 4kgs during the first 3 months. body was considered in decent shape as previously cycled, swam alot.

nowadays, work long hours with kid. but more importantly with a kid around, harder to squeeze time out for exercise. anyway wife also start to complain liao.

Originally posted by PJBerri View Post

1. exercise

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

1. exercise

thanks for the tips. what type of exercise is good? Currently i am doing pushups (100 each session, 2x/day), and thats about it

my eating habits are that of a hibernating bear
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Me trying to lose weight also... but knn.. mouth damn itchy..

Tink besides taking in less carbo food ie, rice, noodle, etc... exercise is abit hard.. coz by the time i finish work, is like quite late.. tho usually on sundays, i play soccer..

Would joggin be good?
              A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

i can understand your pain now heading out for buffet i forgot to add that i take buffet twice/mth
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

What does your training consist? Mind listing it out?

What do you mean by "clean" diet? Tell me.
                  weight training of 3 sets/on 2 types of exercise for each part need to train..roughly bout 4 to 5 days per week..dun like cardio..and meal less carbo n less oil food consits of rice,tuna,skinless chicken breast,and fish..10 egg whites n cereal or cornflakes for everyday breakfast...and does age matters as well cos i in my mid 30s..?kindly give me an advice...

Comment

Me getting into shape also.........round shape hahaha

I dunno why sia...usually I eat eat eat...about 40-60% of my food...then dun eat already..dunno why feel very full

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

today went buffet...... eat first plate, second plate, third plate, rest abit, fourth plate, fifth plate, keep going until my parents abit scared then i eat dessert, rest again. eat somemore after talking and continue eating no wonder i cant lose weight
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

faint! you really can eat! as I get older my "performance" @ the buffet table declined greatly..

haha.. anyway lack of time is just one of the many excuses we all share.. need some inspirations? try this: http://joyriders.sg/

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        today went buffet...... eat first plate, second plate, third plate, rest abit, fourth plate, fifth plate, keep going until my parents abit scared then i eat dessert, rest again. eat somemore after talking and continue eating no wonder i cant lose weight

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
                          faint! you really can eat! as I get older my "performance" @ the buffet table declined greatly..

haha.. anyway lack of time is just one of the many excuses we all share.. need some inspirations? try this: http://joyriders.sg/
                          there was a joke amongs my friends that said, if i go to buffet, they should charge family and not adult

yes, i can eat at the buffet and walk out feeling fine , but it is not good for health, since the body not designed like a camel
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post

Tink besides taking in less carbo food ie, rice, noodle, etc... exercise is abit hard.. coz by the time i finish work, is like quite late.. tho usually on sundays, i play soccer..

Would joggin be good?
                            Hey Louisoh,

Like you, when I finished work and started my run, it's usually pretty late liao. So now I switched to waking up earlier in the morning for my runs, sacrifice sleep abit but at least evening got more time to do other stuff.

Most if not all forms of exercise is good, but remember when you stop exercising, you will lose ALL the benefits of exercising.
                            If you are running regularly and in increasing distance, you will need all those carbo to keep you going, but make sure you eat already must run hor!
                            Pam 232
                            Pam 164
                            Pam 49

Comment

Originally posted by melfiz View Post
                              weight training of 3 sets/on 2 types of exercise for each part need to train..roughly bout 4 to 5 days per week..dun like cardio..and meal less carbo n less oil food consits of rice,tuna,skinless chicken breast,and fish..10 egg whites n cereal or cornflakes for everyday breakfast...and does age matters as well cos i in my mid 30s..?kindly give me an advice...
                              Friend, your training regime looks quite good. Would be a pity if no results.

How long have you been doing this? If not long, just keep it up.

Your diet, damn good! Keep it up.

Come to your training, 4 to 5 times a week is very impressive.

You should plan to train no more than 2 muscle groups during each workout (excluding abs). Each "big" muscle about 3-4 exercises. "Small" muscle about 2 exercise is enough.

Big muscles includes legs, chest and back. Small includes arms and calves. DON'T NEGLECT LEGS. No leg training, no nice body.

Do your cardio. Do it right after weights. This is the best time to "burn fat". No cardio, no fat loss for you.

There are other things I obviously cannot help at the forum. Things like your technique, form, breathing, etc. Hope you understand.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X