Need advice: Deepsea Black dial or Blue Black dial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice: Deepsea Black dial or Blue Black dial

Hi, I have been contemplating for a long while trying to decide if I should pay few thousands more just for the blue - black dial. But I really love the dial thou.. Just afraid that when I sell in future, it will be marketed slightly above the black dial price..

Can someone provide some advices here, in order to help me to decide better...

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Pardon me but I don't really get you here, "Just afraid that when I sell in future, it will be marketed slightly above the black dial price.."

Currently, the blue DSSD sells higher than the black dial model. So naturally, it will re-sell higher too. Both are just as nice, and the blue one is more unique. If you're fine with paying a little more for it, then get the blue one.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

since the blue-black dial is currently sold higher than the black dial, there is a more than likely chance that the FUTURE resale value for blue black dial to be sold higher than black dial.

however, other factors do come into consideration. for example, if the demand for black dial is higher than blue-black dial and the supply of black dial is low, then the price for black dial may rise to blue-black dial.

another factor to consider is in an event the black dial is discontinued and the blue-black dial is in production, then the price for black dial will rise.

as such, you should consider to buy a watch that you like. don't treat it as an investment,

Originally posted by Hoff View Post
      Hi, I have been contemplating for a long while trying to decide if I should pay few thousands more just for the blue - black dial. But I really love the dial thou.. Just afraid that when I sell in future, it will be marketed slightly above the black dial price..

Thanks in advance! ^_^
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks Oceanklassik and Triton for your advises! It definitely provided me with some valuable insights..

Maybe to explain myself slightly on why do I have the concerns, is because when I go to some watch dealer shops to see see look look, most of them kept asking me to think twice as their comments were I will buy high (due to high demand perhaps) and sell low because they are aware that the few thousands in price difference is just the dial unlike some models are stainless steel vs half gold. So I'm abit taken back by their comments so would like to solicit some views..

Comment

Thanks Oceanklassik and Triton for your advises! It definitely provided me with some valuable insights..

Maybe to explain myself slightly on why do I have the concerns, is because when I go to some watch dealer shops to see see look look, most of them kept asking me to think twice as their comments were I will buy high (due to high demand perhaps) and sell low because they are aware that the few thousands in price difference is just the dial unlike some models are stainless steel vs half gold. So I'm abit taken back by their comments so would like to solicit some views..
          I think you're not the only one getting feedback/advice like these from the dealers. To an extent, it is not untrue. Though it costs more to pay for a blue dial DSSD (d-Blue), it may not re-sell much higher than the regular black dial model. As such, if the resale value of both equals, then the d-Blue will lose more in this instance.

As what Triton also mentioned, it will still be about demand-and-supply issue. If demand for the d-Blue is higher and the stock is low, then you may be able to sell it higher (than the regular black dial model). As it is now, and using the local ADs as an indicator, the d-Blue seems to be better in demand than the regular model. I have not seen any new d-Blue piece being displayed at any of the ADs but I often see the regular model displayed at almost every AD, sometimes, more than one piece is displayed.

So, I think buying the one you like best is more crucial than buying one that you think you can predict what value it can give you in future.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Just some additional information. In case you may want to know how much the prices of these two models retail at, at the local ADs, they are $16,240 and $16,660.

Happy choosing
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks Oceanklassik! I'm surprised to know that the retail price for blue - black dial is ard $16k+. Hmmm... Even more tempting! 🤔🤔

Comment

hahaha...that's retail price.. I'm not sure if the ADs are selling way above that. IIRC, private sellers/PIs are selling new ones between mid and high 16K, even at 17K. ADs may be selling it at around mid 17K region. Best to check first.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Nothing new here, these gentlemen have already touched on the most basic yet most important equation : supply vs demand.

The original black have been around since 08 while the blue was introduced in August 14. There's like a diff of 6-7 years of the original black being sold into the market and surely now in 17, the black will be like close to 10 years of flooding the market while the blue is only about 3-4 years.

Since logically there be more black then blue in volume, the tendency of sellers asking a premium for the blue for the reason it's "rare" is expected.

But the question of is it worth the premium asked and will it sell for higher in the future since I am paying higher now, it's all about the equation then. Hopefully they discon the black and still offers the blue and then suddenly, the black could now be on par or maybe worth more then the blue.

But of course I am bias...

'It ain't how hard you hit;
                  it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                  How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                  That's how winning is done.'

Comment

buy wat u like.not wat u tink u maybe like.blueblack or black oso nice

Comment

Thanks in advance! ^_^
                      i think both versions are equally beautiful, me having a fetish over blue would prefer the D-Blue version, under sunlight the electric green wording of DEEPSEA really stands out! I have a small chicken wrist, was uncomfortable with the 44mm as it looks huge, (My daily beater is a 40mm sub), took some time to adjust and now im simply in love with it everytime i wear it during the weekends.

for me it is more of a casual sports watch to match my polo and pants, as i find it too thick to be dressed under cuffs. my 2cents , all the best and congrats on your new acquisition!

Comment

Thanks in advance! ^_^
                        I realised that the D-Blue is out of stock in all ADs in Singapore, while PIs are selling it above Rolex list price now at more than $17K. So it seems like there is no way to buy at the list price of $16K+. Any idea?

Comment

ADs are instructed by Rolex not to sell watches above list. However, PIs are allowed to sell ABOVE list.

the only way to buy at list is to put your name down at ADs indicating your interest of wanting to buy.

Originally posted by DYONG28 View Post
                          I realised that the D-Blue is out of stock in all ADs in Singapore, while PIs are selling it above Rolex list
                          price now at more than $17K. So it seems like there is no way to buy at the list price of $16K+. Any idea?
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Roughly how long would have to to wait?

Comment

New to Forum

Hi,

Im new to this forum. I cant seems to post a new thread because of the BB Code on thingy how do i off it?

Btw, I hope to get reply on this dilemma..

116523 Daytona Black Diamonds vs Blue Racing Dial?
                              Whats your take?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X