Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albacore problem

Dear all,

I am having this problem and need the expertise's advise.

I own a Yobokies Albacore watch. It's a very solid watch and I reallly love it a lot.

Recently, the crown is unable to screw in and eventually has dropped off. I went to a couple of shops seeking for repair (including K2) and all of them told me they are unable to do so due to spare part issue.Some forumers have also commented that this is a common problem with Albacore.

I have tried contacting with Harold of Yobokies and there were no respond from him.

Can anyone advise me what can I do or is there any shop which you can think fix the problem. The watch is no longer under any warranty.

Many thanks!
    Fred
    Last edited by subarupredator; 17-01-15, 12:23 PM. Reason: additional words

you probably need a new crown/tube set. nothing you can do otherwise. if the tube is non-replaceable (this is a possibility, check on overseas forums first), then you may have to consider getting an OEM tube and crown set instead.

i recommend sending the watch to an overseas watchmaker that is willing to look for both a new tube and crown and knows and is willing to retap the case to install a new tube. there are many.

the ones willing to tap a case in singapore... i can count with one finger, and his rates are too expensive for a watch that costs a few hundred dollars. he also won't waste his time looking for a new tube/crown for you.

if it is common, forums elsewhere may already have a cheap and simple solution to your problem...? try searching first.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Many thanks for the advise! Any overseas Repairer which you think can do the job?

Thanks!

Comment

The crown and the stem is available on line such as eBay. . Just that u need to know what model is suitable. It happens to my older seiko divers also. It is usually separately and the watch maker has to screw it together to tighten it.

However u must check if your case is a broken stem or simply came loose from the crown. If it's a loose stem will be easier. Broken stem will be harder as u probably needs a new one.

If u are unable to find a suitable one. Another option is to remove the stem from the watch (open and depress the small button) and use lock-tight (think that's what they called it) to glue back.
        Life is a gamble. It's either you win or you lose. But if you don't even dare to try... You are destined to be a loser

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X