Seiko SRP659 "Batman"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiko SRP659 "Batman"

I was looking for a relatively cheap mechanical watch which I can wear when I go overseas and not worry about being robbed or damaging it. Was surfing the net for watches and chanced about this seiko. I loved the way it looked, esp when it looks like the new Rolex GMT2C batman.

Bought it off Lazada for $170 after using the $10 first timer voucher. Just received today and I was very impressed for what I paid. The watch is rather large at 44mm and is very well-built. Lume glow is fairly decent and the 4R36 manual winding movement is buttery smooth. The only gripe about the watch is that the links are held by pins rather than screws. These had to be hammered out when you need to remove or add links.

I'm going to wear it for the next few days and see how accurate it is. For those who are looking for an affordable seiko, I would highly recommend it.

Sample pic from creationwatches.com

I'm also very much into Seiko nowadays after owning Rolex and Pam.

I have to admit that Seiko definitely produce good watches.

According to specs, 4R36 accuracy is +45/-35 secs a day.

No complaints for me though unless you compare to Rolex.

Comment

Yes .
      4R36 is a good entry level watch.
      From February until now, I had already bought 4 pcs one after another. (SRP637/639/641 and 467)
      The performance are all much above the specifications.
      Fully manual wind power reserved is about 46 to 47 hours with the accuracy.(Tested)
      But if you keep it at low power reserved for a week it may slow for a min or +.
      Only the 100 or 200m dept water resistance I got no chance to it tested.
      Overall, it worth the value for all the 3 models that I bought.
      Last edited by Derick; 08-10-15, 10:09 PM. Reason: Typo error.

Comment

I have been wearing the watch occasionally and when it's off my wrist, I've used my watch winder now and then to keep it going. It's been about 10 days and guess what, the watch is only 17 seconds slow which means it's about 2 secs slow per day! Pretty amazing for a watch costs less than $200

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X