High-End Watches on MRT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High-End Watches on MRT?

Have any of the bros seen passengers on MRT wearing high-end watches? What are your first thoughts about them?

1. Hey the watch looks real ah??
    2. Must be a typical watch collector, spent all the money on watches, no money buy car
    3. Blame the *** for high COE!
    4. Its perfectly fine with me!
    5. Hey am I looking at the mirror?

I recently had a friend who commented why I spent so much on watches even though I do not drive a big sports car.

Is this view common among the bros here and all your friends?

My view is point 4!

perfectly fine for me too to wear luxury, high end watches takes mrt or any public transport...i have a friend who lives in Semi D in siglap area , collect watches ... but no car. his mode of transportation.... a Piaggio 150cc scooter, bus, and mrt.
    even a friend once told me he ever seen ladies carrying Hermes birkin handbag on MRT....

Comment

actually i just admire their watches...i tend not to "overthink" things
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I also vote 4...

I some time also take train and bus mah(when go drinking)...

Not all ppl super rich like many in this forum can drive big cars and have many heavy watches...

Comment

I vote point 2. I also liddat hehe.
          I saw a chinaman in hawker centre wearing a patek nautilus chronograph during lunchtime before.
          "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

Errrr I need to take public transport when I send the car for servicing and I'm wearing "high end" watch.
            Anyway, I would Strike up a conversation with the person if I could.

Comment

I would vote no 4. Taking public transport and wearing heavy watch is fine with me.
              Enjoy wearing and can share with others. Why not

Comment

I'll go for point 4 too.

There could be many reasons why I would end up wearing high-end watches on MRT/bus, of which some already mentioned by bros here such as car sent to workshop, going clubbing, convenience, availability of carpark lots, etc. Whatever reason it may be, don't think it will separate me from my beloved Rollies... LOL!

Comment

Point no. ampat will naturally be the common choice here, isn't it. Com'on, you can only be thinking about it if you see it and you'll probably be in the same cabin (in a train), or bus. I'll also take no. 4 simply because I, too, take my watch out on public transport sometimes. But what will make me think a little more is not just a watch on a wrist. It'll also be the wearer's attire and how he/she behaves. And depending on such other contributing factors, I may have other pointers flashing in my mind. So it's really hard to say.

This is similar to how one will judge an old auntie, shabbily dressed and busy bargaining for raw food at a wet market, and she's carrying a pricey, Louis Vuitton handbag. I've seen this a number of times and each time, someone (whoever was with me at that time) would ask if the bag that lady was carrying was real. Depending on how that lady was dressed or carried herself, I gave differing responses each time.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Me no.4. But no uniform no.4 pls.

There are rich people who wear Casio and drive BMW.
                    There are rich people who wear no watch and take Mrt .

It's all personal preference.

Only thing wil public transport is that being so crowded, there is higher risk that those shiny pieces will come with extra lines.
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Me no.4. But no uniform no.4 pls.

There are rich people who wear Casio and drive BMW.
                      There are rich people who wear no watch and take Mrt .

It's all personal preference.

Only thing wil public transport is that being so crowded, there is higher risk that those shiny pieces will come with extra lines.
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Nowadays quite common to see Rolex on public transport, I've also seen IWC, AP ROOs, Sinn, among many others as well. I've been trying to spot a Patek on MRT, but have not seen any; can one of you Patek owners take MRT on more occasions

In Singapore, I do think that it is a personal choice if one choose to drive. Well, I don't drive, but I also do not own any high end watches, so this topic really nothing to do with me, except me being the person trying to spot the watches... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
                          I've been trying to spot a Patek on MRT, but have not seen any; can one of you Patek owners take MRT on more occasions
                          Try working days during working hours between citihall to tanjong pagar mrt.
                          Car park fee is ex in town. Travel between two offices for meeting in town is commonly via mrt.

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                            Whats high end?

A Sub?
                            A Datejust ?
                            A Daytona?
                            A Deepsea?
                            A Daydate?

All I know is that the MeePok Noodle stall man where i go buy noodles sometimes, wears a Daydate.
                            And he wears it with much more gusto then many people i know.

So what is high end?

I think we gotta set that benchmark first before this discussion can go further.
                            I ever eat noodle cooked by a hawker wearing full gold day-date. *So honoured*

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
                              Nowadays quite common to see Rolex on public transport, I've also seen IWC, AP ROOs, Sinn, among many others as well. I've been trying to spot a Patek on MRT, but have not seen any; can one of you Patek owners take MRT on more occasions

In Singapore, I do think that it is a personal choice if one choose to drive. Well, I don't drive, but I also do not own any high end watches, so this topic really nothing to do with me, except me being the person trying to spot the watches... LOL
                              Err.. I take mrt everyday leh..to and fro work and meeting clients.
                              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                              Audemars Piguet ROO
                              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                              Panerai 270
                              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                              Rolex 116610LV