Why do people wear fake watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people wear fake watches?

I rather wear a real seiko then a fake rolex. But that is me, why do others do otherwise?
    My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
    Rolex Submariner 16610
    Rolex Submariner 116610
    Rolex Date 1550
    IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
    IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
    Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
    Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
    Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
    Seiko Sumo SBDC001
    Seiko Sumo SBDC003
    Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
    Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Simply because they cannot afford to wear/own a real one, though they would love to?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I think sometimes they may actually have the real one but want to wear "proxy" one instead? Especially when travelling?

Comment

same reason why they carry fake bags? haha

actually when travelling, i would try to wear something more of a 'tool' watch. don't want to look too flashy, where even a fake would stand out.
        fallraen
        "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

they want to look the part to the average joe?!? cannot afford but wear to wear out the phase until they can afford?!

whatever the case, its pretty personal. i can justify spending many thousands on a watch, but will ponder if a shirt costing $50 is worth it
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            they want to look the part to the average joe?!? cannot afford but wear to wear out the phase until they can afford?!

whatever the case, its pretty personal. i can justify spending many thousands on a watch, but will ponder if a shirt costing $50 is worth it
            Exactly my thoughts. Very personal and with varying reasons. And like you, I'll choose a $3-meal to a more than $10-meal anytime.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I have 5 AP Roos...

only 1 is real... :P

and I only got the real one after a friend bought grade A fakes for $50 each from Zhuhai in China and threw them at me...

without the fakes I might never have gotten into luxury watches...heh
              [IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

on a positive side, there are some who wear fake because they like the design, but don find spending thousands on a watch justifiable.

i meant positive as in they arent buying fakes so as to boost their ego or to pretend.
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I think>>

Maybe some ppl rather hv cash for emergency needs then spent it on exp watch but yet want to "action" abit?
                  Or they themself know after buying certain watch, pocket will be flatter, when paying for their purchase, cannot show other ppl Q-ing up/cashier that they hv many cash.

My fiancee's relatives also funny type, they hv real rolex buy keep on buy replicas.Hmm.. maybe to show they also hv collection by keep changing watch?but then again, they are cash rich..dun think ppl will believe they wear fakes.

I hv frens tat wear good replicas (hard to tel diff when on wrist), but their pocket always have bout $3k-$5k cash.

I also hv frens tat "wear big hat when head is small">hv daytona> 1 pepsi> 1 panerial>1 deepsea or sub, drive a 320 bmw, but his pocket MAX, never pass $100/- anyday..cradit card all owe money.Abit like; work to pay and to buy luxury goods, mayb is status concious bah..when emergeny need to borrow money type..
                  Money Money come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cop View Post
                    I think>>

Maybe some ppl rather hv cash for emergency needs then spent it on exp watch but yet want to "action" abit?
                    Or they themself know after buying certain watch, pocket will be flatter, when paying for their purchase, cannot show other ppl Q-ing up/cashier that they hv many cash.

My fiancee's relatives also funny type, they hv real rolex buy keep on buy replicas.Hmm.. maybe to show they also hv collection by keep changing watch?but then again, they are cash rich..dun think ppl will believe they wear fakes.

I hv frens tat wear good replicas (hard to tel diff when on wrist), but their pocket always have bout $3k-$5k cash.

I also hv frens tat "wear big hat when head is small">hv daytona> 1 pepsi> 1 panerial>1 deepsea or sub, drive a 320 bmw, but his pocket MAX, never pass $100/- anyday..cradit card all owe money.Abit like; work to pay and to buy luxury goods, mayb is status concious bah..when emergeny need to borrow money type..

u're 'Cop'!! you should catch them!
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

there are many reasons why people wear not original ones.

take for example if im 20 wearing a genuine rolex, people around me will fake one lah. how can you afford. fast forward, when im 40 wearing a non original rolex, people around me will say nice watch, good deal?

bottom line, why bother about whether someone wears a non original or not. what matters is wear what you like and can afford.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I totally agreed with you. That why i never wear Rolex when im 20 yrs old...i just worn casio, seiko and homage watch.

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        there are many reasons why people wear not original ones.

take for example if im 20 wearing a genuine rolex, people around me will fake one lah. how can you afford. fast forward, when im 40 wearing a non original rolex, people around me will say nice watch, good deal?

bottom line, why bother about whether someone wears a non original or not. what matters is wear what you like and can afford.

Comment

Cop, a very good point that you highlighted. Unfortunately one of my close relative belongs to the category of individuals that u have so vividly described. what's even more unfortunate is that he has to rely on his father to help feed his children.

personally i hv halted on expensive watches for the time being due to my course fees. i will never wear something that's a fake. it's either my fave citizen or no watch.
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                            u're 'Cop'!! you should catch them!
                            Cannot lah, i hv a fake green sub, & 1 dunno what look very class watch.. buy at china sgd $17 & sgd $12...lol

EDITED: Cop is a short for another word..lol
                            Money Money come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                              Unfortunately one of my close relative belongs to the category of individuals that u have so vividly described. what's even more unfortunate is that he has to rely on his father to help feed his children.
                              Seems so semilier... u dun live in west area, do u?
                              issit the guy got 3 child,wear a sub or deepsea?(not sure, only know is black face)
                              skally u are my fiancee's relative..then

* i often speak my mind(not tackfull).. so..ermm....if it happen u are the another relative tat i know tat keep rolex..then paisay paisay...must myself liao..
                              Money Money come to me.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X