singapore's best kept secrets??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• singapore's best kept secrets??????

been to singapore 3 times and will be going there again this june. seen all the tourist must see except marina bay sands. do you have any advice on less known spots? quaint shops? that is worth visiting? thanks

sister's island. st john's island. changi war memorial. newater factory tour. reef walk.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

henderson waves, keppel bay, dempsey

siglap, katong (holland v of the east - food joints and chill out cafes/bars)

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
        sister's island. st john's island. changi war memorial. newater factory tour. reef walk.
        Where is reef walk and what is it ?

Comment

will check these places out fpr sure.. esp cheap way of pato ing

Comment

Try corney island.

Comment

Escape the concrete jungle for a while...

Try Pulau Ubin and have some seafood, Sungei Buloh in Tuas or the tree top walk at MacRitchie Reservoir.

Comment

Whilst its a bit touristy, I think that Gardens by the Bay is actually a pretty cool place.

Comment

i think maybe Thread starter looking for red light shops?

Comment

Originally posted by daned View Post
                    i think maybe Thread starter looking for red light shops?
                    Hahahahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by coollawyer View Post
                      Whilst its a bit touristy, I think that Gardens by the Bay is actually a pretty cool place.
                      Yeah, been wanting to go. Is it super crowded on the weekends?

Comment

Originally posted by coollawyer View Post
                        Yeah been wanting to go there. Is it crowded on the weekend?

Comment

For a tourist, Ubin is quite worth visiting. There are still traces of kampong life.
                          Rent a bike and cycle around. Ferry and bike rental are not ex.
                          For a meal on the island, go to the smaller outlets. The big seafood eatery facing the sea is both rude and expensive.
                          This year, when I visited, met loads of tourists at Chek Jawa.

Give Ubin a shot. Cheers.

Comment

Labrador Park, Old Changi Hospital, Hort Park

Comment

Best kept walks

I have to agree that Labrador park is really a fantastic place to just head to for a walk. Flat terrain, scenery change from swamp like (berlayer creek) to sea view to yacht view with ostentatious luxury living (reflection and keppel marina). One long walk and you see how change takes place.

In fact if weather permits, I run there every day.

Henderson waves is also a good walk. Once has to remember that the telok blangah area now houses three of the best scenic routes in Singapore - Labrador area, Henderson waves/ southern ridges and mount faber.

Head over to Labrador park especially, it is starting to get crowded... Come enjoy before the huge crowds deter you .

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X