$2500 price tag for Servicing Omega at Swatch Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2500 price tag for Servicing Omega at Swatch Group

Dear Friends at SG-roc. I am a rolex and Omega enthusiast like many of you.

Recently sent my Omega Speedmaster Moonphase for servicing at Swatch Group at a cost of $2500.

Apparently, the moonphase disc had corrosion and i opted for it to be changed. The cost of the disc is astronomical(no pun intended) at $1200. The rest of the servicing was decent at about $1200 as a new dial and all hands and crowns were changed.

I was pleasantly surprised when Swatch Grp even returned me 3 boxed of parts..including some complete bridge assemblies. Really cool.

Other than the cost..the watch looks really good now. I also noticed that the bracelet links have been noticeably tightened..which was great. As good as new now...

If you are keen..here is a link to the video i created. Enjoy!

Link: http://youtu.be/by1DuiHibQg

Your fellow member,
    Lester

Seen all ur video at youtube.... nice

Comment

Steep price in total. But considering the number of parts changed and given back to you, it's kinda value compared to 2k for basic servicing at some other brands.

nice video.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

interesting!

Comment

Did not expect that the dial and moon disk would rust or corrode, thanks for the interesting video bro.

Comment

Thanks all bros and fellow members for your kind comments. 3 cheers for Sg-roc!

Comment

Any idea why the dial corroded ?

Comment

How old is your Speedmaster Moonphase? Have you serviced it before?

Comment

Hiya Fellow Bros,

Watch is relatively old..about 7-8 years without service. I am quite perplexed as well as to why the moon disc corroded. Since I am a sucker for 'perfection' for my watches..i couldnt stand seeing the disc with corrosion on it. Thus I pulled the trigger to get it changed. Well..at least it looks perfect now. Haha.

Cheers to all bros.

Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Lester View Post
                    Dear Friends at SG-roc. I am a rolex and Omega enthusiast like many of you.

Recently sent my Omega Speedmaster Moonphase for servicing at Swatch Group at a cost of $2500.

Apparently, the moonphase disc had corrosion and i opted for it to be changed. The cost of the disc is astronomical(no pun intended) at $1200. The rest of the servicing was decent at about $1200 as a new dial and all hands and crowns were changed.

I was pleasantly surprised when Swatch Grp even returned me 3 boxed of parts..including some complete bridge assemblies. Really cool.

Other than the cost..the watch looks really good now. I also noticed that the bracelet links have been noticeably tightened..which was great. As good as new now...

If you are keen..here is a link to the video i created. Enjoy!

Link: http://youtu.be/by1DuiHibQg

Your fellow member,
                    Lester

How much for a new watch?

Comment

Hi Trinidad,
                      A new watch costs SG$7950(before discount). I know..ouch to me right? I feel the pain bro..i feel the pain. Haha.

Lester

Comment

Ouch..sure a painful price to pay fr servicing..but the satisfaction u get after servicing it..is priceless..
                        Collection:
                        - rolex 11670blnr
                        - tudor pelagos

Comment

$2,500 for servicing ! are u sure it is not a rip off? apologies, I too love watches and would like them to keep them in perfect condition. A few things to consider :-
                          a. why did the moon phase disc corrode? was there a defect- normally these watches are made of surgical steel...hence corrosion in such a critical part is surprising . Somehow these stories of high service cost bring back my own memories of how I got ripped off by melcher when i went to them for a simple battery change in one of the breitling navitimers i used to own. The watch was very old and had a lot of emotional value for me. They refused to service and said that I will have to pay for the movement change ...I ended up paying a huge price and felt so bad that i decided to sell the watch all together....

Comment

Hi Amitabh,

I dont think it is officially a rip off..as it was serviced by swatch group itself..but i agree 100 percent that it feels like a rip off.
                            Frankly, I am also puzzled how a component on the inside of the watch could corrode. Maybe an original defect? But..after all that is said and done..I seriously doubt Swatch Grp will care less..as the warranty is way expired.
                            Well.. thats the luck of the draw I guess.

Cheers and warmest wishes,

Lester

Comment

Dear watcher 78,
                              Yes..after paying such a high price..I certainly have a renewed respect for this watch. Am enjoying every minute of it..

Cheers and best wishes..

Lester

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X