Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orbita Futura 1

Since I cannot manage to sell it on forum, must as well use it
    The orbita is always considered to be a highly reputable watch winder company that produce watch winder of good quality. Although many lament over the 'old fashion' design, the futura seem to be unconventional yet futuristic.

Why am I selling this guy! Grrr... walk back Buben in Ion and they are having a sale on a model that I fancy. Thought the price of the Buben is like 4 times of the orbita.

The packaging that came in 2 portion.

It is advertised as 800/1300 TPD depending on the HI/LO programme u are selecting

Comment

Bubblewrap motor and roller...

Comment

sign of physical check before dispatching

Comment

a simple assembly on the base unit and the roller with my new Nautilus. a simple pleasure after a hard day of work

Comment

well done. congratulations.

you may want to update your sales thread as well.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              well done. congratulations.

you may want to update your sales thread as well.
              Yeah. Will update

Comment

any update on the performance on the winder?
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  any update on the performance on the winder?
                  Yes. Will write more during the weekend and take more pic

The tpd is affected by the weight of the watch...
                  A lighter watch will result in a cycle of 10 turns per min and rest for the next 11 minutes

Therefore every 12 minutes cycle is estimated 10 turns
                  Every hour will be 50 turns
                  Everyday will be 1200 tpd in lo setting ( advertise to be 800 tpd)

I emailed orbita on the discrepancy and I got a response within 2 days. Guess what they reply ??

Comment

interesting finding you posted. learn something new.

awaiting for your feedback this weekend

what is their response?

Originally posted by jackjack View Post
                    Yes. Will write more during the weekend and take more pic

The tpd is affected by the weight of the watch...
                    A lighter watch will result in a cycle of 10 turns per min and rest for the next 11 minutes

Therefore every 12 minutes cycle is estimated 10 turns
                    Every hour will be 50 turns
                    Everyday will be 1200 tpd in lo setting ( advertise to be 800 tpd)

I emailed orbita on the discrepancy and I got a response within 2 days. Guess what they reply ??

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Dear Orbita,

Recently I purchase a Futura 1 (SN 71138). It is one of the best watch winder I have so far. However, I encounter some issue with the TPD in low setting.

I understand at LO setting, the TPD for the winder is 800 and it is based on a 12 min cycle ( 1 min running time and 11 mins of rest time). The running time and resting time is consistent as published according to operating instruction. The winder rotates my watch 10 times during the 1 min of running time.

As such I did a simple calculation that
                      in one hour, it will rotate 50 times ( 60min/12min x 10 rotations)
                      in 1 day, it will rotate 1200 times. (50 times x 24 hrs) (My watch will be overwind)

Could you please assist in this matter. Thanks.
                      My wall output is 240 V as I am based in Singapore. Do i need a transformer to step down the Voltage so that the winder may rotate slower? Or is there any information that I am missing out. Your assistance is of great value to me.

Thanks

Regards,
                      Jacky

Comment

Dear Jacky,

Thank you for purchasing ORBITA Watchwinders. In response to your questions, please read on.

Our calculation is as follows: 24 x 60 = 1440 minutes per day. Based on 12 minute winding cycles, that is 120 winding cycles per day. Each cycle of approx. 1 minute makes 9 turns so that provides about 1080 TPD. However, we also calculate that battery voltages drop after a while, we can experience a 20 to 25% voltage drop and end up with about 800 TPD. Bear in mind that keeping the watch wound is our goal. If you are using a wall power adapter , yes you will get more than 800 TPD. Reality check? It will not overwind the watch or damage it in any way. Think about the man sitting at his desk all day versus the man running in a marathon. Swiss watch producers design their watches to accommodate both. You can relax, your watch will not be damaged in any way at 1100 to 1200 TPD.

Enjoy!

Cheryl Clark

ORBITA Corporation

800-800-4436

http://www.orbita.com

Comment

So what is my take after a few weeks/months of using...
                          It perform to what it is suppose to do. Wind your watch elegantly/silently.
                          hmm... maybe its just me however i can just see it wind the watch and feel happy about it.

It is NOT a complicated equipment. in fact nothing to be complicated about. It can only wind in one direction. either CW or CCW. As my watch can only be wind in one direction, I have no complaint. The LO setting deviation do not really affect me too ( at least I know the absolute number of turns the watch winder has on the watch) I control the rest by timer.

Mirror finish allows the whole equipment to portray its class but it is a thumbprint magnet.
                          absolutely zero maintenance. However I do find placing the watch onto the pillow and stuff it into the cylinder a little hassle at first. However i got use to it in the end.

Comment

a simple on/off , LO/HI and a red indicator to tell u that u need to replace battery.
                            It can be run by batteries and AC wall adaptor. Both yiield the same results. However Orbita claimed that using batteries will reduce the TPD as the voltage drop with time

Comment

it is suitable for watches with leather strap or similar. I have not use it on watches with metal strap. However i suspect if it is not careful by the user, The watch bracelet might suffer slight scratches.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X