AD discounts for Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD discounts for Rolex

Hi all, was wondering whether AD here got give discounts for Rolex Sport models (i.e. 114060, 116610, etc)? Reason for asking is becos I want to buy a 114060 and my usual SA from THG said no more discounts for sport models.(I've bought 3 watches from that SA b4).

Is this true? TIA!

Originally posted by chuaboyu View Post
    Hi all, was wondering whether AD here got give discounts for Rolex Sport models (i.e. 114060, 116610, etc)? Reason for asking is becos I want to buy a 114060 and my usual SA from THG said no more discounts for sport models.(I've bought 3 watches from that SA b4).

Is this true? TIA!
    Sadly, yes. Recently, I have brought and accompanied some friends and relatives to several ADs in search of ROLEX watches, mainly sports models. The more popular models such as the Submariner LV ('Hulk') and regular Submariners, GMT Master II ('Batman') and the new Sea Dweller 50th Anniversary, were all out of stock. I think these models have been out of stock for a while now and probably only few lucky chaps were able to buy them off the ADs, at a premium price of course.

As for the other remaining sports models such as the Explorer and Explorer II, and Milgauss, discounts for them have dwindled. Offers of discount were between zero and 5% max. One of my cousins managed to buy a couple of Explorer IIs (black and white) from an AD at an 8% discount. The retail price was $10,880, and she paid $20,000 in cash for both.

According to the ADs, stocks for ROLEX sports models have decreased tremendously over the past few months and discounts have been cut substantially. In a way, this is one avenue ROLEX 'increased' their prices, i.e. instead of raising the retail price, they slash discounts.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Oh I see. Thanks.

I must be quite luckily then. My AD managed to secure a 114060 Sub for me in less than a week. I checked islandwide no stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Sadly, yes. Recently, I have brought and accompanied some friends and relatives to several ADs in search of ROLEX watches, mainly sports models. The more popular models such as the Submariner LV ('Hulk') and regular Submariners, GMT Master II ('Batman') and the new Sea Dweller 50th Anniversary, were all out of stock. I think these models have been out of stock for a while now and probably only few lucky chaps were able to buy them off the ADs, at a premium price of course.

As for the other remaining sports models such as the Explorer and Explorer II, and Milgauss, discounts for them have dwindled. Offers of discount were between zero and 5% max. One of my cousins managed to buy a couple of Explorer IIs (black and white) from an AD at an 8% discount. The retail price was $10,880, and she paid $20,000 in cash for both.

According to the ADs, stocks for ROLEX sports models have decreased tremendously over the past few months and discounts have been cut substantially. In a way, this is one avenue ROLEX 'increased' their prices, i.e. instead of raising the retail price, they slash discounts.
        Another hilarious thing - Orchard Paragon Rolex AD quoted me 2 years for a ND Sub. I would believe if it was for Batman. I think they not interested in selling me 😆

Comment

it is not that they are not interested in selling to you.

it is that with rolex imposing a "cannot sell @ premium" that is causing this situation.

most ss sports models are pretty sought after, so when demand exceeds supply, it is naturally that price will increase due to limited supply. basic economics.

with the "cannot sell @ premium" this means that the selling price is lowered compared previously can be sold at premium.

from a business perspective, it does not make sense. hence they will hold on to these sought after models and market to sell it.

Another hilarious thing - Orchard Paragon Rolex AD quoted me 2 years for a ND Sub. I would believe if it was for Batman. I think they not interested in selling me ������
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I have bn looking around at ADs for 116622 and was told no stock and no discount. Some even told me even have stock they will have to reserve for their VIP customers before release on display to sell. Wonder when can i get one. or i should just fly to HK to get one. The price difference mayb enuff for me to buy a tix to HK.

Comment

Another hilarious thing - Orchard Paragon Rolex AD quoted me 2 years for a ND Sub. I would believe if it was for Batman. I think they not interested in selling me 😆
              That's Cortina if I'm not wrong. Well, that's probably just a guess or a digit (no. of years) they casually remarked. No one knows how long anyway. Recently, an AD told me I would have to wait at least 5 years to get a new SS ceramic Daytona
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by kenttankk View Post
                I have bn looking around at ADs for 116622 and was told no stock and no discount. Some even told me even have stock they will have to reserve for their VIP customers before release on display to sell. Wonder when can i get one. or i should just fly to HK to get one. The price difference mayb enuff for me to buy a tix to HK.
                You are definitely not the only one who had gotten advice like this from the local ADs. Some AD friends I talked to were actually pissed that they were unable to have stocks to sell to their closer and loyal customers, and that they didn't even know if the stocks would ever come enough and when they would come

I would suggest, if you can get your watch from another country, you should do so.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

And just to add on; those days when hard-to-get-stock ROLEX models were scarce and expensive at the local ADs, our tenacious grey dealers/independent watch shops/PIs were efficiently able to get them quickly and at a decent price. Now, even they are finding it hard to source for the popular models. And even when they do, the price will no longer be cheaper anymore. This is how sad the state of affairs is in our local watch market
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    You are definitely not the only one who had gotten advice like this from the local ADs. Some AD friends I talked to were actually pissed that they were unable to have stocks to sell to their closer and loyal customers, and that they didn't even know if the stocks would ever come enough and when they would come

I would suggest, if you can get your watch from another country, you should do so.
                    Gg to Taiwan at the end of Nov but heard the price there is alot more exp than Singapore price. Anyone have experience buying Rolex in taiwan? can share ur experience? thanks

Comment

about 4 years ago, i was in taiwan. the prices there were not attractive enough.

however, the situation is now changed. even if buyer wants to pay a premium for certain sports model at local AD, the AD simply replies no stock. hence if you can find a piece of your choice in taiwan, you may want to consider getting it.

Gg to Taiwan at the end of Nov but heard the price there is alot more exp than Singapore price. Anyone have experience buying Rolex in taiwan? can share ur experience? thanks
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Anyone try Non AD ?

Comment

I asked my AD to inform me once they got a piece of Batman. Have yet to molest the watch since its launch and islandwide no stock. XD. BTW if you want, I can recommend you to my AD. Their waiting lists seems to be quite short. (I was told a 1 month wait for my 114060, and I got it in less than a week).

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun23 View Post
                            Anyone try Non AD ?
                            I tried looking at stocks from BT, and they are selling slightly above retail (few hundred $).

Comment

I asked my AD to inform me once they got a piece of Batman. Have yet to molest the watch since its launch and islandwide no stock. XD. BTW if you want, I can recommend you to my AD. Their waiting lists seems to be quite short. (I was told a 1 month wait for my 114060, and I got it in less than a week).
                              Not actively looking for any ROLEX sports at the moment, maybe not at this current state of pricing... daytona, maybe yes..hehe
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X