Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to not get attention wearing a gold rolex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to not get attention wearing a gold rolex?

Recently I have bought a mid-size 31mm, white gold datejust with small diamonds on its dial. I am thinking of using it as a daily beater without getting unwanted attention. I frequent overseas trips esp Malaysia, so was thinking, is it safe for me to wear this watch under all circumstances? I hope to enjoy safe trips and journeys with my 31mm white gold watch.

it is definitely not safe to wear it in malaysia

Comment

Originally posted by simple2kie View Post
      it is definitely not safe to wear it in malaysia
      ----------------
      but my watch is not flashy kind. I thought no one will notice because of the size and colour?

Comment

unless it is upon close scrutiny, then one can tell it is white gold. else it will look like any other steel watch.

some will tell you it is safe. some will tell you it is otherwise. even if one is to tell you that it is safe, if at the back of your mind you already have doubts, then it makes no difference.

Originally posted by Koala10 View Post
        Recently I have bought a mid-size 31mm, white gold datejust with small diamonds on its dial. I am thinking of using it as a daily beater without getting unwanted attention. I frequent overseas trips esp Malaysia, so was thinking, is it safe for me to wear this watch under all circumstances? I hope to enjoy safe trips and journeys with my 31mm white gold watch.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          unless it is upon close scrutiny, then one can tell it is white gold. else it will look like any other steel watch.

I just lied to a friend that mine is a stainless steel rolex and she believes it! Though she claimed that it is a heavy watch when she put it on! Guess only rolex enthusiast can discern if it is a SS or WG, my friend is no expert.

Comment

Rolex watches are pretty conspicuous regardless it be stainless steel or half gold.

Comment

yes. rolex is conspicuous so I agree to everyone's suggestion not to wear in Malaysia. I am still loving my mid size white gold rolly after 1 year, but have sold all the men size 36mm rolexes.

Comment

i would just not wear it to msia, why risk it? i leave pretty much all luxury stuff in SG. stay safe and enjoy your timepiece

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X