Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you are buying directly from a seller without a shop, then you may want to request to seller to have the watch in concern to be authenticated before purchased at your preferred watch technician who can verify the watch for you at a fee

Originally posted by Shaun23 View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum, trying to catch up the thread and enjoying reading it.
    Can any kind soul share with me what are the steps to buy direct from seller to ensure authenticity.
    Thanks.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Try JW Horological at International Plaza the owner is John, he may be able to help understand he order parts from Switzerland.

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
        if you are buying directly from a seller without a shop, then you may want to request to seller to have the watch in concern to be authenticated before purchased at your preferred watch technician who can verify the watch for you at a fee
        Thanks Bro.
        BTW, does RC provide external cleasing service ? I can take this opportunity to get the shop to authenticate the watch.

Comment

• Help

Hi all, I just went to rsc to 'verify' a 6694 that I am going to buy from a seller. We went there togt and inform rsc that the watch needs servicing. They took in the watch and after a while called the seller to inform and quote the servicing would cost $1300 including change of bezel, hands and servicing.

We request to change the hands only. Rsc staff said cannot. In order to change the hands, the watch needs to be service which will cost minimum $980. We rejected the servicing and collected the watch few hours later. Rsc issued a tax invoice with description "Quotation declined".

1) Is this good enough to say this watch is authentic?
          2) What will they do if the watch is fake? I understand still need to pay $107 but do they still issue tax invoice if the watch is fake and ask u pay $107? If fake watch and they don't issue tax invoice, how to pay the $107?

After buying, I realized the bracelet too short. I need a extra link. How much is a SS 6694 extra link?

Sorry for the stupid questions. First time buying a Rolex. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by alonerboy View Post
            Hi all, I just went to rsc to 'verify' a 6694 that I am going to buy from a seller. We went there togt and inform rsc that the watch needs servicing. They took in the watch and after a while called the seller to inform and quote the servicing would cost $1300 including change of bezel, hands and servicing.

We request to change the hands only. Rsc staff said cannot. In order to change the hands, the watch needs to be service which will cost minimum $980. We rejected the servicing and collected the watch few hours later. Rsc issued a tax invoice with description "Quotation declined".

1) Is this good enough to say this watch is authentic?
            2) What will they do if the watch is fake? I understand still need to pay $107 but do they still issue tax invoice if the watch is fake and ask u pay $107? If fake watch and they don't issue tax invoice, how to pay the $107?

After buying, I realized the bracelet too short. I need a extra link. How much is a SS 6694 extra link?

Sorry for the stupid questions. First time buying a Rolex. :/
            1) Yes, you can deem it that way, that the watch is authentic.
            2) If the watch is fake, they would have returned it to you w/o issuing any official document, or even asking for payment.

I'm not sure how much an extra bracelet link for a 6694 is but you should have made the purchase when you sent in the watch then. Otherwise, the RSC may go thru' the same process that they took to 'verify' the watch again, before selling the link to you. That's on the assumption that they do not 'force' you to service the watch with them, before they can sell you a link. They can if they want to.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• thanks for the info. really informative!

Comment

• Anybody did use Luxury Time at Far East Plaza for Rolex service ? If yes, any positive or negative feedback ?
                Thanks a lot.

Comment

• no issues for me.

Originally posted by FlyingTiger View Post
                  Anybody did use Luxury Time at Far East Plaza for Rolex service ? If yes, any positive or negative feedback ?
                  Thanks a lot.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                    no issues for me.
                    Thanks all. Very informative.

Comment

• I had used top hour service a few times without any issues but today is very disappointed. The customer before me complain that Uncle lim scratched her watch sapphire glass. I was still thinking wtf how can this be? Then I pass my wife watch to ask uncle lim to change my after market bezel to original domed bezel. Now the original bezel have a few nicks and dents. Wtf can I ask if anyone know where can polish domed bezel and fix it back to the watch? Or how much will an original domed bezel yellow gold 26mm lady president costs me if I wanna get it replaced? I am very sure that before the domed bezel was passed to uncle lim, it was brand new as right after I purchased this watch, I swap it for an after market diamond dial and check the original bezel before putting it in my safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by kennethTanTan View Post
                        I had used top hour service a few times without any issues but today is very disappointed. The customer before me complain that Uncle lim scratched her watch sapphire glass. I was still thinking wtf how can this be? Then I pass my wife watch to ask uncle lim to change my after market bezel to original domed bezel. Now the original bezel have a few nicks and dents. Wtf can I ask if anyone know where can polish domed bezel and fix it back to the watch? Or how much will an original domed bezel yellow gold 26mm lady president costs me if I wanna get it replaced? I am very sure that before the domed bezel was passed to uncle lim, it was brand new as right after I purchased this watch, I swap it for an after market diamond dial and check the original bezel before putting it in my safe.
                        Oh dear. Did you ask Mr Lim what happened or point it out to him about the scratches and dents?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          Oh dear. Did you ask Mr Lim what happened or point it out to him about the scratches and dents?
                          Actually there a thread on it on FB. There r pics to prove that I am not lying. Full story over there. Anyway I will not want to say much more in case ppl think I am trying to tarnish uncle Lim reputation. But I think I already did the damage by posting it as I am very angry about it during that time. I apologize for it and moderators can remove all my comments if u all like. I did not ask uncle lim about it as it will be my words against his words and these type of thing how to ask? Actually all the ppl in FB saw the pics and was shocked. Another issue is that the cyclops is misaligned and for this it definitely cannot be done by me. I might considers dropping by to ask him aligned my cyclops for me. Those nicks and dents r pretty obvious it done by unsuitable tools and not those usual knocks. Sorry I do not know how to post the pics here.

Comment

• i have seen your posts in FB as well.

what is done is done. some will have positive experiences, some will have negative experiences. you may not be the first to comment, and you may not be the last as well.

it is however good to know and take lessons away. personally, i would not handle a watch to any technician unless i have seen them work on watches. the small little details like using a piece of plastic to remove hands from dial etc will give an indicative how likely i will trust the watch technician.

the same thing goes to SA from AD. certain SA are more particular when they resize bracelet. for example, taping the watch screw head before unscrew or screw means they will be careful with your watch. whether they use loc tite also helps me make a decision. these small little things is what factors to make me decide who i hand over my watch to for assistance.

i am just a little curious why you would choose to go back to him considering what he has done to your watch. do you still trust him after the first incident? or you have no other preferred watch technician to go to that is why you go back?

click here to see how you can upload image via mobile devices or desktop computers or laptop

Originally posted by kennethTanTan View Post
                            Actually there a thread on it on FB. There r pics to prove that I am not lying. Full story over there. Anyway I will not want to say much more in case ppl think I am trying to tarnish uncle Lim reputation. But I think I already did the damage by posting it as I am very angry about it during that time. I apologize for it and moderators can remove all my comments if u all like. I did not ask uncle lim about it as it will be my words against his words and these type of thing how to ask? Actually all the ppl in FB saw the pics and was shocked. Another issue is that the cyclops is misaligned and for this it definitely cannot be done by me. I might considers dropping by to ask him aligned my cyclops for me. Those nicks and dents r pretty obvious it done by unsuitable tools and not those usual knocks. Sorry I do not know how to post the pics here.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

• Hi that y I said I might considers going back but I won't go back I think. I mean how to open mouth and talk to him? It actually a simple job and I dono y there will be nicks and dents in the bezel? The job is finished in 10 mins and I just put the watch in my rolex pouch and I walk to eat rabbit and then took out my watch and see. Well I was already out of uncle lim shop. As mentioned by a guy in FB, there is a rubber ring to clamp the bezel to watch. If I am not wrong, the wrong tools might have been used or uncle lim forgot to put the ring in between the clamp? Actually ppl don't believe what I said until they cause the cyclops lol. This can't be done by me? And yes I don it have any technicians that I know and as pointed out, someone did recommend me their technician and there is even 1 that pm me. But like another guy said, experiences with different technicians differ and it might not be good to recommend lol. So now headache
                              Last edited by kennethTanTan; 26-11-17, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• did you buy new or preown for that piece in particular.

if preown and you bought from the shop, maybe can seek the shop assistance.

Originally posted by kennethTanTan View Post
                                Hi that y I said I might considers going back but I won't go back I think. I mean how to open mouth and talk to him? It actually a simple job and I dono y there will be nicks and dents in the bezel? The job is finished in 10 mins and I just put the watch in my rolex pouch and I walk to eat rabbit and then took out my watch and see. Well I was already out of uncle lim shop. As mentioned by a guy in FB, there is a rubber ring to clamp the bezel to watch. If I am not wrong, the wrong tools might have been used or uncle lim forgot to put the ring in between the clamp? Actually ppl don't believe what I said until they cause the cyclops lol. This can't be done by me? And yes I don it have any technicians that I know and as pointed out, someone did recommend me their technician and there is even 1 that pm me. But like another guy said, experiences with different technicians differ and it might not be good to recommend lol. So now headache

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X