Buying my first rolex - subs, sd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying my first rolex - subs, sd

Hi peeps I am need some help which boutique to get my first rolex. Of cos good price and services.

Currently I am looking at the 114060m or 116600.

Hopefully the experts can shed some light. If there are issues listing the company names here, please pm me

Originally posted by boni View Post
    Hi peeps I am need some help which boutique to get my first rolex. Of cos good price and services.

Currently I am looking at the 114060m or 116600.

Hopefully the experts can shed some light. If there are issues listing the company names here, please pm me
    What?! Where have you been?..

If you read up a bit here, you will realise the following:

1. Most ROLEX sports models are current out-of-stock (including the 114060M).
    2. The 116600 has been discontinued and you will rarely get one brand new from AD.
    3. "Good price" now is no longer a 'valid' term for ROLEX sports models.
    4. Most, if not all sports models, no longer come with discount.
    5. Grey dealers/PIs are capitalising on low stock to sell them at high premium prices.

In case, you wonder how come it is like this, the situation started since early 2017 and has gotten worse towards the third quarter this year. No one exactly knows why or is able to prove their deductions.

Going back to your queries again, there is no one boutique or watch company that anyone can truly recommend you in terms of stock availability for the 114060M or 116600. You can visit the local ADs (The Hour Glass, Cortina, Emperor) and independent watch companies to try your luck. The ADs are only ('officially') allowed to sell you the watch at retail price, so don't worry about having to pay a premium.

You may have a slightly better chance with the independent watch companies, grey dealers/PIs, but be prepared to pay higher.

And no, there are no issues to list the companies openly here.

Good luck getting your first ROLEX at a "good price"
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks ppl. Got the last ceramic sub, nd version, first hand from retail shop. Grown to like it alot. Reporting strength to the rolex family
      IMG_20180105_084933.jpg

Comment

Retail shop as the in AD or grey dealers? Anyways congrats.

Comment

Always happy for the 1st one

Comment

Thanks ppl. Got the last ceramic sub, nd version, first hand from retail shop. Grown to like it alot. Reporting strength to the rolex family
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]14623[/ATTACH]
            NIce. HOw much you bought? I am thinking of getting my first rolex soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Napster79 View Post
              NIce. HOw much you bought? I am thinking of getting my first rolex soon!!
              At retail price

Comment

isn't dealer generally cheaper than those "branded" retail such as hour glass etc..

I gotten my sub (114060) previously at 9800 whereas hr glass quoted me 10800...

Comment

Originally posted by jmquek View Post
                  isn't dealer generally cheaper than those "branded" retail such as hour glass etc..

I gotten my sub (114060) previously at 9800 whereas hr glass quoted me 10800...
                  For the popular watch models, most of the time, the grey dealers sell them at higher prices (than the ADs). Correct me if I'm wrong. If you're discerning enough, you can gauge the average selling prices of the Submariner LV Hulk, GMT-Master II Batman, Daytona C, the stainless steel Skydwellers, and PP Aquanauts and Nautilus, etc.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Congrats on your 1st Rollie!

Nice clean look for the SubC ND!

Comment

Was all along fascinated by the Sea Dweller 126600. Now I am smitten by the simplicity of the Sub ND. But am concerned about its smaller size than my Explorer 2 (I like big watches and the Explorer 2 felt just ok).

Comment

Originally posted by Snowspeeder View Post
                        Was all along fascinated by the Sea Dweller 126600. Now I am smitten by the simplicity of the Sub ND. But am concerned about its smaller size than my Explorer 2 (I like big watches and the Explorer 2 felt just ok).
                        Since you like big watches, and feel that the Explorer II's size is about right, the 122660 is a better choice for you. Do think twice if you are starting to change your mind.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          Since you like big watches, and feel that the Explorer II's size is about right, the 122660 is a better choice for you. Do think twice if you are starting to change your mind.
                          Agree. I'm thinking over and over considering the options and implications. Liked the Deepsea 44mm too but guess it is too thick, may not be suited for everyday kind of wear. If only the 126600 had no cyclops or an ND ver would be perfect.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14623[/ATTACH]
                            Hi bro, mind sharing where you bought? TIA..
                            My collection:
                            2014: Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic (silver case white dial brown leather)
                            2015: Rolex Datejust 116233 (TT white dial Roman numerals) [Sold Sep 2018]
                            2016: Ball BMW Power Reserve 100 anniversary
                            2018: Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN (black)
                            2018: Rolex Submariner Date 116610LV (hulk)

Comment

Went to Hourglass and was told that the most of the sports model are sold out

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X