Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just called in to enquire the servicing cost of my TT GMT master 2, and was quoted $920 upwards.

As a comparison, I called in to enquire the servicing cost of my $800 Tissot Le locle automatic and was quoted $250.
    GMT Master II TT (116713LN)

Comment

• Originally posted by GlowBoi View Post
      Just called in to enquire the servicing cost of my TT GMT master 2, and was quoted $920 upwards.

As a comparison, I called in to enquire the servicing cost of my $800 Tissot Le locle automatic and was quoted $250.
      it is not cheap, but the amount of work, i think, is farther apart than we think. lots of parts get replaced by RSC and your pretty-much-as-good-as-new-watch is backed by an international 2 year warranty - really no big difference from buying a brand new watch for most newer models.

IMO, considering the price of those (genuine) rolex parts on the secondary market these days, it's not expensive (and you still have to pay $250-$350 for an external watch tech to service your watch).

and, some parts that are almost impossible to find or available at a reasonable price... will be easily and almost immediately obtainable by RSC.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• I just went in to remove a link and also to check if the watch needs any servicing. Staff were all very friendly to me like previous experiences I had. Didn't have to pay anything when done. Happy...
        Originally posted by Zactorx2 View Post
        Hi, can I check with you guys does the RCS does adjustment to watch links? And do they charge? Just purchased 1 from overseas and the watch link was adjusted wrongly and by the time i realised was too late (at the airport).... Tks for your comments...

Comment

• Appraisals for Vintage Rolex

Hello guys,

I'm looking to get my serial no 6mil 1665 DS Plastic appraised, does RSC give a appraisal and authentication report on these kinds of watches or is this strictly an aftermarket service? I have sent it for overhaul at an overseas RSC a few years ago but they only gave me a reciept for the work done. Does the receipt have any value to a potential buyer when evaluating the authenticity? I'm planning to sell it off soon so I rather have some documents in place since I don't have any box or papers anymore, the watch is about 25 plus years old now.

Comment

• Hi all,

I am having a few problems with my 16713

1. losing about 1 min every week. Have to adjust the time every month or so.

2. My power reserve is really bad. about only 24 hours at best.

3. The crystal is aftermarket without coronet, and there is now a crack on the date bubble. Must have cracked it at work.

I have looking at the various options and would like to seek your opinion on how I should proceed.

A. Most expensive and most thorough would be send it to RSC and get it overhauled and replace any worn out parts with genuine Rolex parts. Understand that it may cost me about 750 bucks or more but some people though me that they may replace for me FOC the crystal.

B. Send it to a reputable 3rd party for servicing like Top Hour. And send the watch back to RSC to get a coronet S crystal after the service.

My concerns for Option A is of course the cost and the distinct possibility of being the carrot head. Concern for Option B is that I am hesitant for replacement of parts with a 3rd party vendor as I am concerned that the parts may not be genuine. So for Option B, I would rather just service rather than overhaul the watch.

I have this bad feeling that I should do something soon before a catastrophic failure. I had a Ball Hydrocarbon Engineer that lost time and then eventually stop. Turned out I didn't have it serviced and eventually the oil dried out and grind to a halt

Would appreciate any advise on how I should proceed. Option A or B or any other way I should go about doing this.

Comment

• Some Answer

Originally posted by Wwaagghh View Post
              Hi all,

I am having a few problems with my 16713

1. losing about 1 min every week. Have to adjust the time every month or so.

2. My power reserve is really bad. about only 24 hours at best.

3. The crystal is aftermarket without coronet, and there is now a crack on the date bubble. Must have cracked it at work.

I have looking at the various options and would like to seek your opinion on how I should proceed.

A. Most expensive and most thorough would be send it to RSC and get it overhauled and replace any worn out parts with genuine Rolex parts. Understand that it may cost me about 750 bucks or more but some people though me that they may replace for me FOC the crystal.

B. Send it to a reputable 3rd party for servicing like Top Hour. And send the watch back to RSC to get a coronet S crystal after the service.

My concerns for Option A is of course the cost and the distinct possibility of being the carrot head. Concern for Option B is that I am hesitant for replacement of parts with a 3rd party vendor as I am concerned that the parts may not be genuine. So for Option B, I would rather just service rather than overhaul the watch.

I have this bad feeling that I should do something soon before a catastrophic failure. I had a Ball Hydrocarbon Engineer that lost time and then eventually stop. Turned out I didn't have it serviced and eventually the oil dried out and grind to a halt

Would appreciate any advise on how I should proceed. Option A or B or any other way I should go about doing this.
              1.Your power reserve problem & timing problem should be solve after the complete overhaul.
              3.Model 16173 got no coronet on the crystal(hope I'm right)
              A.Complete service for Sports model is $920(if not increase yet),not $750.
              No such thing as free crystal.
              Crystal cost $100plus.
              B.Yes...is cheaper if You sent to top hour or JW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heng Tin Hong View Post
                1.Your power reserve problem & timing problem should be solve after the complete overhaul.
                3.Model 16173 got no coronet on the crystal(hope I'm right)
                A.Complete service for Sports model is $920(if not increase yet),not $750.
                No such thing as free crystal.
                Crystal cost $100plus.
                B.Yes...is cheaper if You sent to top hour or JW.
                Hey thanks for the advise.

I decided to send the watch in for a service quotation (they will charge me $107 if I decide to not service the watch).

RSC quoted me $920 for the overhaul with 2 year warranty. They explained that overhaul will involve dismantling the watch to its component parts, cleaning and oiling and replacement of any worn "minor" parts and reassembly. From their initial examination and quotation, no other watch movement parts will require replacement.

The service staff also stated that if the watch comes originally with an acrylic glass then the acrylic glass will be replaced at no cost.

They quoted about $400 for the "original with coronet" crystal. I was very specific and asked if the replacement crystal comes with the laser etched coronet which they said it will.

They also quoted that I could replace the watch face and hands for about $800 and the bezel insert for about $90. Watch face price is high due to gold markers and hands...

Now I'm am going to ask Top Hour for a quote before I decide but I'm inclined to go with RSC for now as a 2 year warranty is quite attractive.

decisions decisions

Comment

• hi all,

my rolex 2 year coverage warranty is ending by next month, I'm planning to send it for a check and a polishing by RSC.

just wondering, are all expenses covered under the warranty?

Comment

• There's ready information here

http://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/3...light=warranty

http://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/4...ighlight=years
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Third party strap

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if I send in my Rolex but with third party strap instead of original bracelet, will Rolex still service the watch or do I have to swap back the original bracelet first?

Comment

• Went over to rsc to authenticate a rolex. $107 for verbal answer, rolex leather watch pouch and a cleaning cloth. Took one of their catalogue too. Front desk ladies and the aetos guy quite friendly. Overall good experience

Comment

• can we ask for no polish when doing service/ overhaul at RSC?

Comment

• Originally posted by hcg4942 View Post
                            can we ask for no polish when doing service/ overhaul at RSC?
                            Definitely yes.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Definitely yes.
                              Hi, any particular reason as to why we would like no polishing in watch service?

If it's gold Rolex --> polish --> less gold
                              If it's SS --> not much of different I believe.

So why?
                              The Lannisters send their regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                                Definitely yes.
                                Thanks for the reply.

Any discount if no polish?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse