Durians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durians

This year's durian season is on now. Ending mid-August.

Any recommendations as to where to go for durians?

And types of durians? Is the "Cat Mountain King" any good?

Durians? Go GL or Holland Road Carpark loh....

Comment

Originally posted by 2277 View Post
      This year's durian season is on now. Ending mid-August.

Any recommendations as to where to go for durians?

And types of durians? Is the "Cat Mountain King" any good?
      The 'Cat Mountain King''s pretty expensive but my parents loved it. I did not tell them beforehand what they were getting and there was a good mix of D24s and some other funky-named types and they unanimously declared the CMK as their favourite. Where to get? I usually get mine from the one beside the Chinese temple opposite Serangoon Shopping Centre or if all else fails, Geylang!

Ender
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

717 Durian at Highland Centre or Combat Durian at Balestiar.Else the old rickety provision shop beside the famous tiong Bahru tze char Sin Hai Shan . The uncle brings in a few basket per day and sold out fast.

holland and Geylang, no tx...; D

Comment

i go jurong west blk 503

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            Durians? Go GL or Holland Road Carpark loh....
            Any particular durian stall in Geylang?

Holland Road carpark stall = Dempsey Road carpark stall?

Comment

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
              717 Durian at Highland Centre or Combat Durian at Balestiar.Else the old rickety provision shop beside the famous tiong Bahru tze char Sin Hai Shan . The uncle brings in a few basket per day and sold out fast.

holland and Geylang, no tx...; D
              I see. I've seen some durians at the provision shop you mentioned. But wasn't sure if they were any good. Seems his "stocks" are rather sporadic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                The 'Cat Mountain King''s pretty expensive but my parents loved it. I did not tell them beforehand what they were getting and there was a good mix of D24s and some other funky-named types and they unanimously declared the CMK as their favourite. Where to get? I usually get mine from the one beside the Chinese temple opposite Serangoon Shopping Centre or if all else fails, Geylang!

Ender
                Thanks for the review re: Cat Mountain King. Now I just gotta get my hands on some!

Comment

Finally got my fill of the CMK durians from Dempsey this weekend.

Comment

Just had a go at some "red prawn" durians this evening. They are good, and more affordable than the "cat mountain king"

Comment

Haaaaaaaaaaa durian !!!!! Heavenly taste and smell ! My all time favourite is Ah Soon Durian along Baliester Road. I alway demand that he gives me only the super bittersweet durian flesh if not i throw back keke
                      Nowadays young people would Q up for durian crepe or cakes keke they don't eat the real thing !!!
                      Best durian puddling is the one and only Merchant Court Hotel buffet SEDAP !!!!!!!!!!!
                      *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
                        Haaaaaaaaaaa durian !!!!! Heavenly taste and smell ! My all time favourite is Ah Soon Durian along Baliester Road. I alway demand that he gives me only the super bittersweet durian flesh if not i throw back keke
                        Nowadays young people would Q up for durian crepe or cakes keke they don't eat the real thing !!!
                        Best durian puddling is the one and only Merchant Court Hotel buffet SEDAP !!!!!!!!!!!
                        Uncle Lau, indeed you are " Shi Huang"

Comment

Originally posted by The One View Post
                          Uncle Lau, indeed you are " Shi Huang"
                          besides durian, apple is nice too...for polishing..kk,he,he,ha,ha

Comment

Originally posted by Bernardo View Post
                            besides durian, apple is nice too...for polishing..kk,he,he,ha,ha

Comment

How to choose durian ?

All of us just loves durian and i believed it a acquire taste lor and not everyone likes ! I eat tons of durians but i don't know how to choose a good durian. Would some durian pro. share on how to choose and select a good one like whether it sweet or bitter fresh
                              *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X