JLC Reverso Grand GMT or Grand Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLC Reverso Grand GMT or Grand Date

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has the Grand GMT or Grand Date. Both watches are such beauties as the Grand GMT is like 2 watches in one while the Grand Date has such a very seductive see-thru back! My wife loves both & I am slightly leaning towards the Grand GMT cos it's like buying 2 watches for the price of one!!

I have been asking around for the Grand GMT but seems like everyone is out of stock. Passion Watch has a Jan 2010 Grand Date going at S$8500 but the watch is in their Malaysia branch, so cant really see the real thing. Would you think that the price is reasonable? I would reckon that a brand new would cost around S$11000 or so. Just PM me, thanks in advance!!

http://www.passions.com.sg/v2/watch/...8-days-steel-0
    I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 147
    Alfa GT
    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
    Alfa 4C- maybe next time

I prefer the Grande date over the Grande GMT due to the additional pushers. A dress watch should look as clean n simple as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
      Hi there, just wondering if anyone has the Grand GMT or Grand Date. Both watches are such beauties as the Grand GMT is like 2 watches in one while the Grand Date has such a very seductive see-thru back! My wife loves both & I am slightly leaning towards the Grand GMT cos it's like buying 2 watches for the price of one!!

I have been asking around for the Grand GMT but seems like everyone is out of stock. Passion Watch has a Jan 2010 Grand Date going at S$8500 but the watch is in their Malaysia branch, so cant really see the real thing. Would you think that the price is reasonable? I would reckon that a brand new would cost around S$11000 or so. Just PM me, thanks in advance!!

http://www.passions.com.sg/v2/watch/...8-days-steel-0
      grand GMT if you travel and/or like the idea of a two'fer.

grand date if you have a diverse collection and/or need reading glasses for normal sized dates.

i've owned both in the past... and you are right, the grand date has a nice back to stare at.

but realistically speaking, staring is usually left to "alone" or "free" time... most times, the watch will be on its regular time telling side, so i've always preferred the GMT...

good luck! both are good watches, whichever side you flip it to.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
        grand GMT if you travel and/or like the idea of a two'fer.

grand date if you have a diverse collection and/or need reading glasses for normal sized dates.

i've owned both in the past... and you are right, the grand date has a nice back to stare at.

but realistically speaking, staring is usually left to "alone" or "free" time... most times, the watch will be on its regular time telling side, so i've always preferred the GMT...

good luck! both are good watches, whichever side you flip it to.
        Lucky feller you! Well, I have made up my mind for the GMT but think there's no stock in Singapore, so couldnt really try it on. I have heard that it is quite big & might not fit small wrists. There's one for sale on World of Luxury but didnt get it cos it's a oversea dealer & I need to try it on before commiting. Hey, thanks for the advice though.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
        Alfa 33
        Alfa 147
        Alfa GT
        Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
        Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

oooh... yes...! f you're small wristed... it will look huge (imo, under 6.75" best to avoid)

smart choice - try before you buy. why restrict yourself to just these two? shop around...! : )

the thrill is in the hunt... heh.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by PeeCeeBee View Post
            I prefer the Grande date over the Grande GMT due to the additional pushers. A dress watch should look as clean n simple as possible.
            I do agree to that, PCB; just that I wanna get my worth by having 2 'watches' in the Grande GMT!!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
            Alfa 33
            Alfa 147
            Alfa GT
            Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
            Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

u may want to consider the grande sun-moon..its the same movement as the grande date if i remember correctly...

Comment

Did you check Sincere at Suntec? Try them, they might have 1 more.

Comment

Originally posted by cheng View Post
                  u may want to consider the grande sun-moon..its the same movement as the grande date if i remember correctly...
                  I have the Master Calendar already, so I would rather get a GMT with 2 faces.I just hope that it's not too big for me!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                  Alfa 33
                  Alfa 147
                  Alfa GT
                  Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                  Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by adar View Post
                    Did you check Sincere at Suntec? Try them, they might have 1 more.
                    I have tried the one at Vivo & a couple more, but every store has no stock already! But havent tried the Suntec yet; thing is, I could get a very good discount from The Hour Glass, so I still prefer to get it from them. The last time I checked, the difference is a few hundred bucks, though THG hasnt any stock.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                    Alfa 33
                    Alfa 147
                    Alfa GT
                    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                    Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Get the Grand GMT

The Grande Date already very nice watch.. but might as well pay a bit more get the Grand GMT... I think retail about $18+k... did you try Sincere? I saw one but that was a year back.

Comment

Originally posted by wlche2 View Post
                        The Grande Date already very nice watch.. but might as well pay a bit more get the Grand GMT... I think retail about $18+k... did you try Sincere? I saw one but that was a year back.
                        Nobody has stock; I even went to the JLC boutique at Raffles. The gal told me that she will help me order one & would call or drop me an email, till now, I have not heard from her! Probably forgot as I wasnt dressed in an Armani suite or holding a car-key with a prancing horse on it. I have kinda given up on this & will wait for a pre-owned piece. World of Luxury is offering one at S$11k plus but the warranty is from JLC but it's their own in-house.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                        Alfa 33
                        Alfa 147
                        Alfa GT
                        Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                        Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by cheng View Post
                          Similar but not the same. Grande Sun Moon is using 873 caliber.

Comment

A friend of mine from Malaysia is interested to get the grand GMT, do any of you know if its cheaper in Malaysia or Singapore?

Comment

Originally posted by weekender View Post
                              A friend of mine from Malaysia is interested to get the grand GMT, do any of you know if its cheaper in Malaysia or Singapore?
                              I would rather buy from Singapore; to be safe lah, but if your friend is in KL, then he could take a look & compare prices. BTW World Of Luxury has one, you could click on their website & take a look.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                              Alfa 33
                              Alfa 147
                              Alfa GT
                              Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                              Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse