Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any cheap and good Thai Food recommendation ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any cheap and good Thai Food recommendation ?

Was craving for Thai food lately ....any good suggestion bros ?

Many said Golden Mile but....... which one is good there are many stalls there ?

Can try "Lek Thai" if I get it correctly at GMC

Comment

Originally posted by LSL View Post
      Was craving for Thai food lately ....any good suggestion bros ?

Many said Golden Mile but....... which one is good there are many stalls there ?
      Try 2nd floor, opposite the clinic and the stairs. Or the stall that is behind Mei Ling Hairdresser on the 1st floor. These 2 stalls are typical Bangkok style food.

For Issan (Northeast) food, you can try the stalls that have orange signboards on the 1st floor, one in the middle of 1st floor and the other is at one side, besides the Western Union.

If you want nice noodles, try the stall that is opposite the orange signboard in the middle of the 1st stall. There is a small handphone stall next to the noodle shop.

I can't remember most of the names even though I have been frequenting GM for the past 10 years!

Honestly speaking, I believe that Lek Thai is more catered towards Singaporeans where the food is more Chinese than Thai, and a bit expensive.

Speak Mandarin is fine to order... Seems like their 2nd language in GM!

I have a Thai wife so going to GM is a weekly affair...

Comment

Before I forget, cheap is relative!

Dishes start from S$5 and it goes up. To me, it is starting to be expensive...

2 pax, with 3 dishes, 2 plates of rice and 2 can drinks will set you back about S$20-30. If you order a fish dish, it will be an additional S$10-15 more.

Or if you order for 2 pax, 1 dish per person and 2 thai tea, it will be S$12-13.

I am always at GM for lunch & grocery shopping around 2pm on weekends so give a shout if you are going down!

Word of advice, don't grocery shop at GM, its expensive. I only go there to get thai groceries!

Comment

try Nakhon Kitchen at kovan, always long q. Not bad

Comment

Originally posted by hock_leng View Post
            try Nakhon Kitchen at kovan, always long q. Not bad
            Nakhon Kitchen is nice but nothing fantastic. Tried there once and will not return though. I hate queues!

Comment

Jai Thai - 7A Clover Way

Cheap n good

Comment

Kob Khun Krap ! My watch lovers friends ! This information will keeps me occupied for the whole week ! Best !

Comment

i recommend one stall in e food court at City plaza, i find they more authentic like i eat em in thailand. Price wise is 5 per dish, loved their pineapple rice and tom yam sea food.

Comment

There is a thai rest along katong road ..just opp the ocbc bank which i find is not bad plus pricing is worth ..

Another one is at alexandra market ..thai lady cooking with husband also from thai ..Cheap but food wise a bit oily .

Comment

One more that I frequent! A stall that is opened by my Thai wife's best friend father... I know, confusing!

Don't worry, all Thai staff!

The only Thai stall in Concorde Hotel Singapore (former Le Meridien Hotel), basement foodcourt. The cook is Ah De and he is a nice, friendly chap!

In the evenings (8-9pm), you will notice Thai coyote dancers ordering from him before they start work. A bit of eye exercise whilst munching away.

Comment

How about Taste of Thailand in Yishun area?

And not forgetting Nana Thai in Far East Plaza & Bangkok Jam which they have both in Wheelock Place and new JEM

Comment

I notice that quite a few of them purchase Thai condiments from Golden Mile so best bet is always Golden Mile! But definitely would try other places!

Comment

Best ! Best ! More....more....more intel...please !
                            The food detective is on duty !
                            The hardest thing in life is making the 1st million CASH !
                            The 2nd hardest thing in life is not spending it !
                            The 3rd hardest thing in life is get the whole family together for a simple dinner !

Comment

Alamak, showed this thread to my wife and she said that her Thai cooking best!! Hahahaa!

Anyways, we are thinking of hitting these 4 places to check out if the Thai food is authentic and from which province they come from:

1. Ont Authentic Thai Cuisine
                              2. Moo Jaa
                              3. Rasa Rasa Thai Seafood
                              4. P&P Thai Food

Yum yum!

Went through Hungrygowhere.com and there are 440 stalls that sell Thai food! But from the list, I noticed that quite a lot of them offer Thai as a side cuisine and not the main cuisine, hence I picked these 4 above which sells mainly Thai food, hopefully they do not disappoint!

I always notice that the smaller stalls are the ones that have really nice Thai food. And if they serve slow cook "moo yang", ultimate best!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X