Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 months old Sinn U1 simply just stop working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 months old Sinn U1 simply just stop working!

I bought the watch from THG near the year end of 2013! Mainly wear the watch only for the weekend casual wear! Last week, I decided to wear the watch for my china trip! On the third day of the trip, the watch simply just stopped working! Tried to manually wind it, even tried to shake it, all efforts are useless! Forced to wear the unfunctional watch for the rest of 4 days conference! People start staring at my watch, and said you watch is not working! Bugger! It's really an embarrassing moment! It's like I'm wearing a fake watch!

Really can't believe Sinn makes such a lousy watch! My Oris big crown complication costs less than Sinn, and it never gives me headache! Even my seiko never fail on me! Searching thru the net and found out I'm not the only one with this horrible experience! Really disappointed on the watch!

Now still need to squeeze out some time to send the watch to THG for inspection! Anyone with the similar experience?
    Rolex Explorer II Black

Ball Fireman Skylab II L.E.

Sorry to learn of that

Just send it in to check see what happened.

Keep us posted if you can
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Sorry to learn of that

Just send it in to check see what happened.

Keep us posted if you can
      Thanks bro! Still can't find time to send the watch over yet! Once I found out what's going on will keep u guys posted! I also found out the joints in the buckle seem to be rusted already! I can see rusty powder near there and it's getting very tight to close the buckle! Endless horror stories!
      Rolex Explorer II Black

Comment

Finally sent in the watch on last Saturday! Sale person said will help me to send in to sc. Beside mechanical issue, I also asked them to polish off the front coating of the sapphire crystal and investigate the rusting powder in the buckle! Called them to follow up the status this evening. They told me they will replace some parts for me but didn't disclose the cause of malfunction! As for the water spot marking on the crystal, the technician claims there is not coating on the outside only inside got coating so they will help me polish off the coating from inside! After listen to this, I realize they don't know abt this watch at all! Suddenly feel very insecure to handover the watch to them! Now decide to change the part without polishing! Dun want to get things worse! Still waiting for their further reply.
        Rolex Explorer II Black

Comment

Finally got my watch back, after visited THG 3 times! Overall, it's a dreadful unpleasant experience! I think THG watch technician is really unprofessional, the way and altitude they treats the watch is really unacceptable.

Received call to pick up the watch(1st visit), watch is finally working fine, no issue on the movement (I cant inspect inside anyway), then exam the sapphire glass, realize there is a wiping marks left on the inner glass. Request to clean it. Back without the watch.

After 2 weeks (2nd visit), inner face is kind of clean but instead can see 2 tiny scratch marks on the glass. Never mind, still can accept as long as don't stare it under spot light. Then, I realize the bezel's triangle mark is not align with the 12 hour mark, no matter how i adjust it, it just off by half a minute. And the SA told me is normal, this type of bezel is always off a bit! I insist it's not normal! At least when I sent it in, It's still align! I also accuse their technician is really unprofessional, they simply just hand over the watch to customer without proper checking! I insist on another checking. Back with empty hands again.

The next day (3rd visit), meet the watch technician face to face. I cant believe the technician still insist on the bezel not align is normal. Then I insist he removes the bezel and inspect. We both found out the spring actually can be removed and readjust accordingly. He adjusts the spring and the triangle mark is much close to 12 hour now. So, he put back the bezel and screw back. Suddenly he said can not be screw back, the bezel is jammed. He claims those adjustment holes cant be used, and insist to use back the incorrect hole. At that moment, I realize there is no need to argue with him anymore, he is either an incompetent technician or an arrogant idiot who afraid to admit his fault and insist on something that is not right. At the end, I signed the paper and get the watch back. Back home, I adjust the bezel myself. Now everything works just fine!

I still love this watch, it's really a nice watch. I just unfortunately got a bad apple. Got a bad apple is sad enough and still bump into this amateur unprofessional technician who treats this watch like a junk. My thoughts is in future better buy a watch with proper service center, at least they will be more familiar with their own watches.
          Rolex Explorer II Black

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I always thought sinn watches are hardy.

Comment

care to share with us how you adjust youself?
              any special tool required or

Originally posted by ginman View Post
              Back home, I adjust the bezel myself. Now everything works just fine!
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                care to share with us how you adjust youself?
                any special tool required or
                No need special tools, just use the screwdriver comes with the watch! Remove the bezel, use the screwdriver to pry the spring plate gentlely, try to avoid bending the spring plate extensively. Once the spring plate is up, u can see 5 small holes located at 10 mins, 30 mins and 50 mins! After that u will know what to do, it's very simple! I have tried every holes, and 4th hole is the best for my bezel!

If not sure how to remove bezel, u can search YouTube for "sinn u1". There is a video showing how to swap bezel!
                Rolex Explorer II Black

Comment

Originally posted by 3echo View Post
                  Sorry to hear that. I always thought sinn watches are hardy.
                  It's a sturdy watch, I think! I just happened got a bad apple! Hopefully I'm the only and the last to get this bad apple!
                  Rolex Explorer II Black

Comment

Your bad experience will sound great when you hear...

Hi, sorry to hear about your bad experience with u1 watch technician.

I sent my watch to tag heuer for repair. Here is what happened.

1. 3 months old watch suddenly stop after few hours full wind. Bring to tag heuer for service.

2. Got a call to collect my watch. They say is oil issue. Clean up the watch for me. Very happy go home. At home, realised the hand is not aligned. Sigh....

3. 3rd trip to tag heuer. Leave watch there to align. Told me need to wait a couple of weeks. Ok as long as fix the watch.

4. 4th trip to collect my watch. To my horror, the entire watch is scratched. And the face, the hand, the case and the glass Andre badly scratched. I was like...jaws dropped....how did it happened? I refused to take the watch and the tag counter lady was unhappy maybe already 630pm and I am delaying her going home....I insist to talk to the chief technician who agree to change the face for me.

5. 5th trip, face changed, glass never change. Deep scratch and mark. They say was already there when I bring the watch in. I argue that on the 3rd trip, the paper they gave me did not write about glass issue, and I did not bring out the watch on the 4th trip. After long time arguing, they agree to fix the watch.

6. 6th trip. Finally look ok. Extend the warranty to 2 years starting from the 6th trip.

Goodness, look at my case and you feel better.....lol....
                    [COLOR="Red"]
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Oh no, that's bad

Is it LVMH?
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Lvmh...yup...that bad

Yes...that bad. And I told myself never to get another tag heuer.
                        [COLOR="Red"]
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Nothing to do with the brand.
                          I had my first Tag for 8 yrs now.
                          Totally perfect,brought for battery change thrice and always returned with tip top condition and great customer service!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis 7777 View Post
                            Yes...that bad. And I told myself never to get another tag heuer.
                            Originally posted by P1723 View Post
                            Nothing to do with the brand.
                            I had my first Tag for 8 yrs now.
                            Totally perfect,brought for battery change thrice and always returned with tip top condition and great customer service!
                            I don't think Dennis 7777 was referring to the brand per se. Rather, it is the brand agent's services that is in question. So naturally, if one buys a Tag Heuer and there's only one authorised servicing agent for the brand, it will dent the consumer's confidence in indulging in the same brand, correct?

Different people will face different encounters, good or bad. But once you get a bad service from the company, you will just not want to have it again. I agree it is not about the brand, it is about the after sales services.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Anyone has any idea how much will repairs cost for Sinn watches?
                              My 358's date wheel is not moving, and my watch was purchased from THG in Nov'14.
                              Wondering if I should go back to THG or find outside shop, like K2, to repair.
                              Any advices?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X