Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha.... you guys are really funny. My hubby does not help me with mopping the house but he does help me jarga my 3 naughty kids while I mop. :P I appreciate your kind advices and my savings are really hard to come by considering the fact that I am a housewife for like 5 years. Any bros here willing to share their good AD with me to help me get maybe a better deal please? Any advise on which shop to get will also be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Comment

budget - ??? kindly confirm

is your husband a sporty person?
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Wife View Post
        Thanks brothers here for the warm response. I am not keen in a preowned as I am a novice and first time buyer so I presume buying from a authorised retailer will be a safer choice for me. So 8.8K for a brand new SS Datejust 116234, diamond dial, fluted bezel, oyster bracelet a good buy?

My hubby is a shirt-pants guy for work, mid-30s, probably a daily wearer (he dare don't wear....heehee ).

I am glad to find such a helpful and useful forum
        Judging from your description, DJ seems to be a good choice . Can consider Explorer I also.
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Not sporty. Fatherly type.

Budget 6000 for no diamonds. 8500 for diamonds. Give and take but of course best deals welcome......heehee 'housewife' syndrome :P

Advisable to get diamonds a not ? I think it looks classier :P or it's the woman thing. I need some men's opinions
          Last edited by Wife; 21-01-08, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Budget 6000 for no diamonds. 8500 for diamonds. Give and take but of course best deals welcome......heehee 'housewife' syndrome :P

Advisable to get diamonds as I think it looks classier :P or it's the woman thing
            Diamonds? Personally don't really like them on watches. It doesn't give a young look. 30plus around my age, so will recommend a sport model
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
              Diamonds? Personally don't really like them on watches. It doesn't give a young look. 30plus around my age, so will recommend a sport model
              Yes, minusplus is right.. a sporty one is much preferred I believe. Soething like Explorer II or GMT II will suit him...

Comment

Advisable to get diamonds a not ? I think it looks classier :P or it's the woman thing. I need some men's opinions
                I like with diamonds...more classy..some guys think it's girly though

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks brothers here for the warm response. I am not keen in a preowned as I am a novice and first time buyer so I presume buying from a authorised retailer will be a safer choice for me. So 8.8K for a brand new SS Datejust 116234, diamond dial, fluted bezel, oyster bracelet a good buy?

My hubby is a shirt-pants guy for work, mid-30s, probably a daily wearer (he dare don't wear....heehee ).

I am glad to find such a helpful and useful forum
                  can consider the sea dweller, sporty, solid watch, with date, classic ( like the submariner ), can get more discount than the sub-date. Got mine for $7150 brand new.

hope it helps

Comment

I tend to agree with minusplus.

A Rolex Explorer I would fit the budget. The Rolex Price List (as at July 2007) listed it at $6500. If you could get a discount from an Authorised Dealer (AD), it could possibly be below $6000.

Personally, I find the Explorer I having a subtle classy look, if you don't want the sporty look.
                    Last edited by robert; 21-01-08, 09:45 PM.

Comment

hahaha.... you guys are really funny. My hubby does not help me with mopping the house but he does help me jarga my 3 naughty kids while I mop. :P I appreciate your kind advices and my savings are really hard to come by considering the fact that I am a housewife for like 5 years. Any bros here willing to share their good AD with me to help me get maybe a better deal please? Any advise on which shop to get will also be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
                      i can bring u shopping if u wan..
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton
                        most important is that the shop he intends to deal with has the watch @ the budget he wants.

great to know that this forum has information to assist potential buyer where to go for a better chioce such as the one mentioned.

however, i would put caution in the wind where he scouts around for couple of other shops such as one along beach road where the owner spends hours chatting with rather than selling the watch. some other possible choices are listed in the online shops thread
                        Any comments about eBronzeage, Hobbylink, Passions & MonsterTime?

If not convenient, PM reply also can

Comment

Hi Ms Wife, nice to see a lady member to create some balance in the "yin-yang" environment.

if yr budget allows it, dun get pre-owned. stretch a little and get a polar exp II, it's a lovely watch. think it's abt 6.5k after discount at THG.
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            i can bring u shopping if u wan..
                            QUOTE!! For Husband to see...hahahahaha

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                            Hi Ms Wife, nice to see a lady member to create some balance in the "yin-yang" environment.

if yr budget allows it, dun get pre-owned. stretch a little and get a polar exp II, it's a lovely watch. think it's abt 6.5k after discount at THG.
                            Yeah hard to find female members here. It's like 99% male and 1% or even lesser females here.

Err...Polar = White face right?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post

6.5k after discount ? what series ? z or m ?

Comment

Originally posted by tommy_uk77 View Post
                                6.5k after discount ? what series ? z or m ?
                                Latest 1 I think...so should be M

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X