Tiara Watch winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiara Watch winder

Looking for a watch winder for my new Datejust and chanced upon this.. Aesthetically chio and price point looks not too bad too. Anyone had experience with this brand (Tiara) or the store (Sgwatchwinder)?

thanks bros!

http://www.sgwatchwinder.com/index.p...bre-black.html

Well the reviews on the site definitely look fake. All of them are written in the same style of broken english and a number of them were posted on the same day. I'm guessing the owner of sgwatchwinder has a lot of time on his hands (pun not intended)

I would not pay $200 for this item.

Comment

yeah that caught my attention too. I googled and someone posted on their fb page that the services+products were subpar..

perhaps i might go with a Boxy or Orbita if I can get a good discount

Comment

before purchasing, you may want to ask the seller what material the outer casing made of. in sg, where the weather is humid, the last thing you want is outer casing failing.

second, what material is the sponge inside the winder made of. some sponge "collapse" over time aka it does not return to its original shape after certain time.

third, is there any warranty on the product and in an event the winder breaks down, can it be serviced. if can be serviced, how much. also does the brand mentioned have their own company that manufacture or otherwise.

Originally posted by Rust View Post
        Looking for a watch winder for my new Datejust and chanced upon this.. Aesthetically chio and price point looks not too bad too. Anyone had experience with this brand (Tiara) or the store (Sgwatchwinder)?

thanks bros!

http://www.sgwatchwinder.com/index.p...bre-black.html
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thanks bro triton.

went to a couple of shops thus far as well as the previous few watch winder threads, and boxy winder looks like a decent bet.

can I ask whether you are still using your eilux winder and whether you will recommend it?

Originally posted by triton View Post
          before purchasing, you may want to ask the seller what material the outer casing made of. in sg, where the weather is humid, the last thing you want is outer casing failing.

second, what material is the sponge inside the winder made of. some sponge "collapse" over time aka it does not return to its original shape after certain time.

third, is there any warranty on the product and in an event the winder breaks down, can it be serviced. if can be serviced, how much. also does the brand mentioned have their own company that manufacture or otherwise.

Comment

i am still using it.

so do you think i will recommend?

Originally posted by Rust View Post
            thanks bro triton.

went to a couple of shops thus far as well as the previous few watch winder threads, and boxy winder looks like a decent bet.

can I ask whether you are still using your eilux winder and whether you will recommend it?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I bought one from sgwatchwinder last month and it was working great till the settings went haywire 2 weeks ago. The TPD was changing by itself and the light would come on by itself every 2-3 days. This happened for the the past 2 weeks.

Messaged sgwatchwinder on the problems but the lady's replies were less than enthusiastic. Brought it to their location in Punggol this weekend and the guy seems more helpful. He took it away and said that they will monitor. Hope that they will be responsible for the defects in their product.

Comment

Originally posted by tokei View Post
                I bought one from sgwatchwinder last month and it was working great till the settings went haywire 2 weeks ago. The TPD was changing by itself and the light would come on by itself every 2-3 days. This happened for the the past 2 weeks.

Messaged sgwatchwinder on the problems but the lady's replies were less than enthusiastic. Brought it to their location in Punggol this weekend and the guy seems more helpful. He took it away and said that they will monitor. Hope that they will be responsible for the defects in their product.
                Wat's the verdict

Comment

Originally posted by Caliber View Post
                  Wat's the verdict
                  Disappointing as of now. They claimed that it was fine and there was no problem with it.
                  I colelcted if back and in the past 10 days or so, the white light switches on/off by itself, TPD changed by itself. I couldn't even put my watches in there as I was afraid it over winds.

I messaaged the seller back, and her reply was "we put at our place for a few days but nothing happens". I requested them to leave it there and observe long. She agreed but said "problem is when we on that, it doesnt haappen".

I told her there is no reason for me to lie about it and i have travel acroos the island to their place to/fro which is extremely inconvenient.

Eventually, I waited and managed to capture 2 videos of the TPD switching speed by itself. I sent the video to her, she read it, but doesn't reply as of now.

Lesson learnt is, if can afford to spent ten thousands of dollars on the watches, let's not stinge on that few hundred or a thusand dollar to get an established brand.

Comment

Video of TPD moving by itsef. Product from sgwatchwinder.

https://youtu.be/5ULLMmq_fIo

https://youtu.be/VlJ040JB134

Comment

hi if you think its fake, you can go to q10, lazada and carousell to see the reviews. Those cant be fake, thank you and be happy

Originally posted by Jubilee View Post
                      Well the reviews on the site definitely look fake. All of them are written in the same style of broken english and a number of them were posted on the same day. I'm guessing the owner of sgwatchwinder has a lot of time on his hands (pun not intended)

I would not pay $200 for this item.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X