Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalOak View Post
    Repeat after me - bye bye Rolex
    Wish I could say that but when I switched my targets to Patek Philippe (PP) and Audemars Piguet (AP), the same situation remains, and in fact, even worse.

I asked for the steel PP Aquanaut - NO STOCK!
    I asked for the steel PP Nautilus - NO STOCK!
    I asked for the steel AP Royak Oak blue dial - NO STOCK!
    I asked for the steel AP Royal Oak ultra-thin - NO STOCK!

I was rejected outright at the PP boutique when I requested to be placed on waiting list for both the Aquanaut and Nautilus

So it's not just ROLEX... sometimes I just feel like giving up, no stamina
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Wish I could say that but when I switched my targets to Patek Philippe (PP) and Audemars Piguet (AP), the same situation remains, and in fact, even worse.

I asked for the steel PP Aquanaut - NO STOCK!
      I asked for the steel PP Nautilus - NO STOCK!
      I asked for the steel AP Royak Oak blue dial - NO STOCK!
      I asked for the steel AP Royal Oak ultra-thin - NO STOCK!

I was rejected outright at the PP boutique when I requested to be placed on waiting list for both the Aquanaut and Nautilus

So it's not just ROLEX... sometimes I just feel like giving up, no stamina
      I think your experience is the same as most of us.

I'm now looking into Grand Seiko because there are quite a number of interesting new pieces from them - the Snowflakes, GMTs, divers etc.

There are also pieces from JLC that are quite nice, like the recent Polaris and Master Control. Respectable brand in its own rights with a great history of watch-making.

So, bye bye Rolex

Comment

JLC watches have great history in watch making - that i agree. but how many out there are willing to accept the depreciation of the watch?

I think your experience is the same as most of us.

I'm now looking into Grand Seiko because there are quite a number of interesting new pieces from them - the Snowflakes, GMTs, divers etc.

There are also pieces from JLC that are quite nice, like the recent Polaris and Master Control. Respectable brand in its own rights with a great history of watch-making.

So, bye bye Rolex
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          JLC watches have great history in watch making - that i agree. but how many out there are willing to accept the depreciation of the watch?
          JLC can buy used lor, or drive a very hard bargain with the dealers when buying new.

GS can buy cheaper in japan. The Snowflake is Y620,000 there but 8900 here.

In life, we can't have the best of everything, isn't it? I cannot see myself paying 16k for a Hulk or 27k for a Daytona too.
          Last edited by RoyalOak; 01-02-18, 01:54 PM.

Comment

JLC can buy used lor, or drive a very hard bargain with the dealers when buying new.

GS can buy cheaper in japan. The Snowflake is Y620,000 there but 8900 here.

In life, we can't have the best of everything, isn't it? I cannot see myself paying 16k for a Hulk or 27k for a Daytona too.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Bun bun tan (slowly wait), L L

The reality is there are many Singaporeans who can afford and want a SS Sports model. To me, dropping $10k to $15k on a watch is twa kia ser. I also have to realise that there are many others who can easily drop $100k, $200k or even one to two mil on watches, sup sup sui. If these heavy hitters want, they will get the daytonas and skydwellers, no need to wait. Putting my name on the wait list is only an 安慰. If a heavy hitter comes along, he/she will jump the queue. I, who is on the list for only 1 SS Sports watch, LL, bun bun tan.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X