Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    ang mo kio where ah?

current im stuck with old chang kee, cause like to have egg inside.
    Just bought home n eat 2 "Tip Top Puffs" @ AMK Ave 8, Blk 722, really enjoy the ingredients inside and punched my hands up tp say " Shiok" ,fyi

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      ang mo kio where ah?

current im stuck with old chang kee, cause like to have egg inside.
      Try Rolina (Serangoon Gardens) if you like egg....their crust is super thin...but a bit small....best is to eat it there after you see them hand make it from start to frying. OCK the price and thick crust CMI. I rather have 1a.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
        Try Rolina (Serangoon Gardens) if you like egg....their crust is super thin...but a bit small....best is to eat it there after you see them hand make it from start to frying. OCK the price and thick crust CMI. I rather have 1a.
        OLd chang kee, n tip top is a world apart.
        rolina is also nothing special, haiz, i spend 1 hour + queuing =(
        buy a watch u like & please wear it......

Comment

Originally posted by markmahdemako View Post
          Hi All

Those who like to eat Curry puff this Home-Made Curry Puff must try at : Blk 19 Toa Payoh Lorong 7 #01-264 s310019 ( close Monday) or u can call : 93894408 (Mdm Moh) just opp SPC petrol kiosk .
          Think this Toa Payoh curry puff originated from Watten Park estate in Bukit Timah (hence the name watten curry puff). Triangular shaped puff, with juicy potato, chicken meat and egg inside. I used to live near their store when they were still in watten park estate (opp Hwa Chong jc), and daily 3-4pm I could smell the deep frying of their curry po and would urge my mum to give me couple of dollars (i was young) to buy some. they were really delicious when piping hot. It is now close to 20yrs since i had one of them... hope they are still around at TP and will try when i pass by.

My last Tip-top was also years ago, and i remembered i did not find it nice... will give it a try when i go to AMK. hope i will not be disappointed, after reading so many good comments.

Now, my fave curry puffs are from 1A (their pastry thin & crispy, potato fragrant & juicy) and from a small shop in Clementi food centre blk 448.
          在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Originally posted by surestik View Post
            In those days, there were a few stalls/shops selling curry puffs in that area. SELERA, REX AND OLD CHANG KEE were part of the curry puff vendors there. The taste of today's curry puff have definitely changed (spicy aromatic flavor lacking) .
            Yup. There were 3 stalls. Old Chang was located at the corner coffee shop opposite of Selera. Selera is still at its original location. the current owner is the son of the founder. Beside Selera is another curry puff stall in Rex Chicken rice coffee shop. The old bi spectacle man makes the best curry puff. The chicken chunks were really huge.

Used to eat curry puff after swimming at mount Emily swimming pool if you are old enough to know where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by alantannottam View Post
              My last Tip-top was also years ago, and i remembered i did not find it nice... will give it a try when i go to AMK. hope i will not be disappointed, after reading so many good comments.
              tried Tip top last sunday. disappointing.... filling so so and dry. that will be my last tip-top.
              rather walk down to AMK hub to get 1A.
              在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

The curry puff at Marine Parade Central market is very good as well.... run by an old chinese couple.... the filling is delicious!!

Comment

My Favourite is 1A Crispy Puff
                  conform A1

Outlets @

Raffles City Shopping Centre
                  252 North Bridge Road #B1-58 Singapore 179103

Tampines Mall
                  Tampines Central 5 B1-K6/K9 4 Singapore 529510

Takashimaya Shopping Centre
                  391 Orchard Road #B2-07-3-3 Singapore 238873

AMK Hub
                  53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 2 #B2-42 Singapore 56933

Comment

Old Airport rd market.

Comment

Original tip top has moved to Toa pay oh central coffeeshop beside KFC

Comment

yeah i agree. very good..

Comment

Myself too. A1 is very crispy.

Comment

I prefer Hong Lim hawker center one

Comment

A1 is good but not as widely available as Old Chang Kee.
                              OCK's curry puffs are pretty good especially when fresh.
                              For quality that it offers and the wide availability of their outlets, my vote goes for OCK.

Comment

better than old chang kee???

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X