Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Comment

One of the more under appreciated rare references in my opinion!

Comment

Aesthetic of the Triple Zero.

Originally posted by Michael Morgan View Post
        One of the more under appreciated rare references in my opinion!
        Yes Mic, you are right in a way that it is a rare model, having been produced for a short period of time. The production period itself is very controversial, most believe it was for 9+ months but there are evidence now suggesting this to be otherwise. I will save this for another day

One reason I can think of is aesthetically, there ain't much to separate the "Triple Zero" from the late 16800 and that of the early 16610. It's main upgrade is in the steel used which, to many, does not have a great appeal in appearance unlike those models whereby Rolex folks can recognize in an instance, example The Single Red Sub or even the 16710's Stick Dial, etc...

Comment

168000 vs 16610

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
          Yes Mic, you are right in a way that it is a rare model, having been produced for a short period of time. The production period itself is very controversial, most believe it was for 9+ months but there are evidence now suggesting this to be otherwise. I will save this for another day

One reason I can think of is aesthetically, there ain't much to separate the "Triple Zero" from the late 16800 and that of the early 16610. It's main upgrade is in the steel used which, to many, does not have a great appeal in appearance unlike those models whereby Rolex folks can recognize in an instance, example The Single Red Sub or even the 16710's Stick Dial, etc...
          Oh, one more point to add...

A 16610 of similar era can be had for around the same price or slightly cheaper hence this directly competes for "attention" from the "Triple Zero".

Still the Triple Zero deserves it's place in the Sub's lineage...

Comment

Is that 1988? or 68?

Comment

Originally posted by buldozersam View Post
              Is that 1988? or 68?
              Hi,

If you meant when the paper was dated, it should be 1988 since the Triple Zero was produced around that time

Comment

Oh My, that needs to go into the bank vault! Amazing piece, congratulations on your find!

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by ctang View Post
                      i like to think it is rare...because i have one too..full set with booklet including original receipt from purchase. Matt dial. It is not that rare when comparing to the red subs or even 1675 or white subs or 5513...

but yes, it will be rare in the future...

As TS so rightly pointed out
                      168000 does not come with matt dial from factory.

Matt dials ended with the run of early 16800 pre mid 80s

Cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X