Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "new and genuine"?! I am not sure how I can answer your queries right but the ROLEX authorized dealers (ADs) should be selling new and genuine ROLEX watches, including the "Oyster DateJust" you're seeking. There's no particular "best buy". You'll just have to be lucky and hope the sales person you may deal with offers you a discount.

And what 'government' are you referring to??
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Thanks.
      'Government' refer to the lady at home... haha
      Heard that DW is offering good price?

Comment

• Oh I see. I'm not sure if "DW" offers 'good price', since different people perceive 'good' variedly. It may be good for you to compare around.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Hi,

I am new to this forum. Would like to get my hubby a Daytona, but not quite sure exactly which yet, and where to get it from. Would really appreciate advice on which AD has a wide range of Daytona and gives discount?

Comment

• Not sure if any particular AD will have a wide range of Daytona models but you can try the major ADs like The Hour Glass, Cortina and Dickson. As for discount, it will depend which exact model(s) you intend to pick. The stainless steel Daytona (116520) is normally sold above its retail price so getting a discount is nearly impossible. As for those that comes with precious metals/stones, there may be some discount given but I'm not sure.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Daytona comes in different material. SS, 2 tone, YG, WG, and I think recently Pt. Everything depends on your budget and preference of your hubby. Most AD in SG will give discount (as Oceanklassik mentioned certain "hot" model will be premium) although price controlled discount. You can check the price list somewhere in the forum to get a better idea on price and determine your preferred model

Originally posted by Ying View Post
              Hi,

I am new to this forum. Would like to get my hubby a Daytona, but not quite sure exactly which yet, and where to get it from. Would really appreciate advice on which AD has a wide range of Daytona and gives discount?

Comment

• buy from airport when departing to save GST?? :P

Comment

• Does anyone knows if Rolex centre sells Rolex box just for the watch?

Comment

• Is it a standard practise for Authorised Dealers NOT issuing official tax invoice with the watch details (such as model number and serial number, etc) if their discount goes above the standard Rolex discount?

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEEHBT View Post
                      Is it a standard practise for Authorised Dealers NOT issuing official tax invoice with the watch details (such as model number and serial number, etc) if their discount goes above the standard Rolex discount?
                      Which AD you plan to go and purchase? Think different AD/Company different standard.

Comment

• Dear December,

Thanks for responding. Would a receipt with just "Rolex Watch" captured in their receipt without details (model no., serial no., etc) acceptable from a reputable AD such as The Hour Glass? I termed this the "cheapo" receipt.

I noted the official tax invoice has full details (model no., serial no., materials such as steel/gold, etc) of the watch captured and nicely printed out.

What are the pro and cons between the official tax invoice/receipt as compared to the "cheapo" receipt?

Originally posted by December View Post
                        Which AD you plan to go and purchase? Think different AD/Company different standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEEHBT View Post
                          Is it a standard practise for Authorised Dealers NOT issuing official tax invoice with the watch details (such as model number and serial number, etc) if their discount goes above the standard Rolex discount?
                          Usually the case if the discount is greater or selling at above list price.

Bought 2 watches recently from different ADs and both told me the same thing.
                          Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
                          Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
                          Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
                          Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
                          Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
                          Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
                          Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
                          Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
                          Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
                          Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

• Dear Kelvin,

Envy your current collections.

I'm just curious, if no official tax invoice/receipt from AD, in case the authenticity of the Rolex watch got problem, who can we get back to since the details of the watch (e.g. model no, serial no.) is not captured.

In the alternative receipt, AD only captured a brief "Rolex Watch" description and the price paid. In the worst case scenario, if the watch is proved to be not authentic by RSC, the AD can denied they sold you the watch since no model number and serial number are captured in the cheapo receipt. For my case, AD did not tell me about the alternative receipt upfront when we agreed on the discount offered. I found out after I got home and consulted a friend about the official tax invoice.

I'm new to buying Rolex watch so didn't know of this "standard practise"... I'm just worried.

Originally posted by kelvin_koh View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by kelvin_koh View Post

Me too.

Comment

• RSC asks to see the dated warranty card but I don't think they usually ask to see the purchase receipt AFAIK.
                                It's an international warranty.

Wow... I can't believe this thread I started in 2007 is still active!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X