NFC and Watches | Case Study: SEVENFRIDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFC and Watches | Case Study: SEVENFRIDAY

The new generation of SEVENFRIDAY watches are equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) chips, which are readable by NFC enabled devices. NFC is a method of wireless data transfer that detects and then enables technology in close proximity to communicate without the need for an Internet connection. Apple Pay and Google Wallet utilises NFC technology.

First rolled out with the launch of the V-series watches in the third quarter of 2015, the NFC chip is meant to assure owners of the authenticity of SEVENFRIDAY watches purchased. This is especially key in light of the rising number of fake SEVENFRIDAY watches in the market.

The chip is depicted with a picture of a map, as seen on the caseback of the watch. From the V-series, new releases of SEVENFRIDAY watches come embedded with the chip. The NFC chip is also being gradually rolled out in existing SEVENFRIDAY models in phases through 2016 and 2017.

To register an NFC-equipped SEVENFRIDAY watch on Android devices, simply follow the instructions as seen in the pictures below.

Do note that iPhones and iPads are not NFC-enabled as yet. To register an NFC-equipped SEVENFRIDAY watch on iOS devices, snap a picture of the caseback with the serial number clearly shown. Send the image to SEVENFRIDAY using the app. SEVENFRIDAY will register the watch for you.

Remember: be aware of fake models and copies.

a nice touch from seven friday to ensure that watches bought are real.

i buy a seven friday watch from one of the AD in singapore and i register the watch in my name. sometime later, i decide to sell to my friend A. Can my friend A register the watch again to indicate that that watch is now being owned by friend A?

Originally posted by sevenfriday_singapore View Post
    The new generation of SEVENFRIDAY watches are equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) chips, which are readable by NFC enabled devices. NFC is a method of wireless data transfer that detects and then enables technology in close proximity to communicate without the need for an Internet connection. Apple Pay and Google Wallet utilises NFC technology.

To register an NFC-equipped SEVENFRIDAY watch on Android devices, simply follow the instructions as seen in the pictures below.

Do note that iPhones and iPads are not NFC-enabled as yet. To register an NFC-equipped SEVENFRIDAY watch on iOS devices, snap a picture of the caseback with the serial number clearly shown. Send the image to SEVENFRIDAY using the app. SEVENFRIDAY will register the watch for you.

Remember: be aware of fake models and copies.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X