This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taxico View Post
    a simple and useful upgrade is to buy the modern glidelock clasp to replace your current one. i don't think there is a "best bracelet" for your watch.
    Not too sure if the 116610 bracelet is able to fit into the 16610

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks that's great info.
      As it happen SRC was closed on the weekend, I did make a mistake of sending my Sub for servicing by one of the reputable watch shop in Lucky plaza but come back with a worn out and loose bracelet- definitely been swap by the tech.
      My Sub is a COMEX issue 5514, was wondering if my original bracelet are different from the current sub bracelet.
      PLease advice?
      Cannot imagine this can happen - what a low life.

Comment

the correct service replacement bracelet for your watch is the 93150. your watch would originally been supplied with a 9315 (folded metal links). i find the 501 end links a better fit than the 580s on no date plastic subs.

i find it difficult to believe reputable a shop will swap your bracelet... did you ask if they made a mistake? (i imagine it is easy to loose track of which bracelet goes with which watch when there are so many around due for a service)

when did this swap occur?
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

If it is true. You should not be just sitting here, go to the shop and demand an explanation. If possible, provide both before and after photo of your bracelet.

Originally posted by Deeptom View Post
          Thanks that's great info.
          As it happen SRC was closed on the weekend, I did make a mistake of sending my Sub for servicing by one of the reputable watch shop in Lucky plaza but come back with a worn out and loose bracelet- definitely been swap by the tech.
          My Sub is a COMEX issue 5514, was wondering if my original bracelet are different from the current sub bracelet.
          PLease advice?
          Cannot imagine this can happen - what a low life.

Comment

What is the approx price for a Sub 93150 bracelet resale or new.. thanks

Comment

No proof, my words again his what to do lah - got wiser learn from mistake.
              If there are proof it will be a legal case.. One word sum it up - cheap Charlie.
              Cheers

Comment

Sorry, new to the forum. Nice info on this old thread. Not easy to find, as not commonly found in Rolex catalogs.

Comment

Thanks for the efforts

Comment

Originally posted by taxico
                    a simple and useful upgrade is to buy the modern glidelock clasp to replace your current one. i don't think there is a "best bracelet" for your watch.
                    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Not too sure if the 116610 bracelet is able to fit into the 16610
                    never saw your reply until today. the bracelet won't fit properly, but the clasp will fit.
                    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Hi guys,
                      Does anyone know if the bracelet for the new explorer 1 (39mm) can fit on the old explorer watch (36mm) since the diameters are different?

Comment

I believe the lug size remains the same for the new Explorer (214270), ie 20mm. So the bracelet should fit IMO.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                          Plse note it is not just about lug size.
                          It will fit but not 100% perfect.
                          the case diameter makes a difference to the endlink curve.
                          Likewise, a Datejust bracelet which is 20mm cannot fit a Sub perfectly due to the same reason. Unless you replace the endlink.

The difference is significant if you fit a bracelet meant for smaller case watch onto a bigger case watch. But it is not as noticeable if you fit the bracelet of a bigger case watch to a smaller case watch.

Ie. a 40mm case daytona bracelet can fit a 36mm case datejust quite nicely but a datejust bracelet wont fit a daytona nicely.
                          Thanks for the replies. I'm just wondering because I'm looking around to buy the 114270 Explorer 1 but just in case I want to change the bracelet next time if it's possible to change to the newer , SEL of the 214270 model.

Comment

Thanks, Very informative.

Comment

Originally posted by DHJ View Post
                              Thanks for the replies. I'm just wondering because I'm looking around to buy the 114270 Explorer 1 but just in case I want to change the bracelet next time if it's possible to change to the newer , SEL of the 214270 model.
                              The case diameter is slightly different.
                              But base on experience, i am pretty sure the SEL of 214270 with same lug size will still fit the small diameter 114270.
                              (As per Throttle's explanation)

Comment

Originally posted by Tawfiq
                                Very very experience cuaba
                                Heh heh, thank you Tawfiq.

I like to play straps and braclets ....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...