Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hihi anybody pls?

Originally posted by doink View Post
    hi does anybody know how reliable top hour (lucky plaza) is? In terms of workmanship and especially price, how do they compare to other independent watch shops for servicing/overhaul/waterproofing?

Comment

Have not had personal experience with Top Hour.

I have been going to William at Luxury Timepiece Services on 6th floor Tanglin Shopping Centre for over 7 years now. Pricey but 100% satisfied.
      Live for Greatness

Comment

[QUOTE=doink;830320]hihi anybody pls?[/QU

Service watches and Vintage watches there before. Happy with result. I would recommend him.
        My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
        Rolex Submariner 16610
        Rolex Submariner 116610
        Rolex Date 1550
        IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
        IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
        Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
        Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
        Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
        Seiko Sumo SBDC001
        Seiko Sumo SBDC003
        Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
        Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

Hi bros, need some advice - my uncle has a vintage rolex that has not been serviced for the last 20 years. Now showing some signs of dying. Would it be better to send direct to Rolex for servicing? Or will the independent shops be OK? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewT View Post
            Hi bros, need some advice - my uncle has a vintage rolex that has not been serviced for the last 20 years. Now showing some signs of dying. Would it be better to send direct to Rolex for servicing? Or will the independent shops be OK? Thanks.
            Top Hour at Lucky Plaza or ** Watch at International Plaza. I personally have done a few repairs with Uncle Lim at Top Hour and i do recommend him. Just be patient because he really does take his time and you randomly have to call back to remind him you are still waiting for your watch. Other than that, quite trustworthy uncle.

Comment

Tamjong katong complex also got a few knows how to service vintage.

Comment

I'm another victim here of RSC rejection for my 6512. They wouldn't even want to do a clean and oil on the pretext that the parts inside might be brittle and break. Seems like very 'good' PR telling a customer their bulletproof watch will be brittle one day and not something you can keep running for more than 30 years. But I guess their hands are tied to process and policies.

My only gripe is that not too long ago, a similar watch was accepted for service at the RSC in NY. Caveat was that they wouldn't guarantee it against waterproofing.

Comment

will panerai help?
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                    will panerai help?
                    I don't quite understand.

Comment

Originally posted by prozac51 View Post
                      I don't quite understand.
                      i apologize, i read wrongly - instead of a veriflat, i saw it as 6152 which i thought was a panerai made by rolex...

veriflat parts are quite scarce in supply... you may have better luck at RSCs in neighbouring countries.
                      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

would like to ask if reliable watch techs like k2 provide servicing with authentic rolex parts if needed?
                        or is it 3rd party?
                        thanks

Comment

Go Rolex Hong Kong and service I guess. The quotation I got from them for a 1680 is 2000-3000 HKD for a full service. That's half the price of Singapore. Service just 1 watch and the money you save can pay for the flight. Service 2 watches and the hotel money is saved as well.

They don't charge GST, they don't charge for authentication, they have pretty ladies working at RSC counter, overall way better experience than Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by profzhu View Post
                            Go Rolex Hong Kong and service I guess. The quotation I got from them for a 1680 is 2000-3000 HKD for a full service. That's half the price of Singapore. Service just 1 watch and the money you save can pay for the flight. Service 2 watches and the hotel money is saved as well.

They don't charge GST, they don't charge for authentication, they have pretty ladies working at RSC counter, overall way better experience than Singapore.
                            That's a very tempting proposition. But it's based on the assumption that you can drop off and pick up your watch all within your holiday duration.

Comment

But how long is the wait time for service?

Comment

Lead time is pretty standard, around 8 weeks depending on parts. But given the Rolex capital of the world is Hong Kong, shouldn't be too long.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X