Guide : Travel in Australia (Melbourne)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny_blue View Post
    The only 2 things that I can remember for Melbourne is the good food and shopping at the Queen Victoria Market(mix of all cultures) and the trip around the Great Ocean Room... nice view of the ocean... good beach to relax (some areas have calm beaches whereby wave is not too strong) I guess you can show down you pace of life... as for kids I can't think of what they can do or like to do there.
    Yeah great ocean road is really nice.

Comment

wow, people have had some pretty good contributions here! i'm going to melbourne in October and haven't planned my itinerary in detail. I think my research is now 50% done. haha

Comment

I hope you have a wonderful holiday. I've lived in Melbourne for 25 years, lots to do and see.

cheers

Comment

I suggest to to Tripadvisor "Melbourne" forum for lots of travel info. It helped me a lot when I was planning for Melbourne.

Comment

Welcome to Melbourne.

Comment

I have never visited Melbourne in my life. This is a really new kind of place for me and loves to know from all of you what to see there guys? Anyone like to share anything about this?

Comment

Originally posted by chuggets View Post
                wow, people have had some pretty good contributions here! i'm going to melbourne in October and haven't planned my itinerary in detail. I think my research is now 50% done. haha
                ....Nice place to visit. Free Tramp within certain area. And can hoop on n off the tourist attractions bus..appx $16..will take you to most of the visitor attractions.

Comment

Is a beautiful city very well planned out as easy to get around with trams etc looks beautiful

Comment

Melb is the most European-ish Aussie city. You can tell from the architectures, arts, gardens, bars and restaurants etc, and, of course, people - most of the Italian and Greek Aussie population settled in Melb. So if you enjoy Europe, you'll definitely like Melb.

Sydney is more like New York - loud, in-your-face, fast pace, impersonal, and exciting, particularly in the Rocks/Darling Harbour area. You'll like Sydney more than Melb if you're the sociable, daring, outgoing type.

But both are great cities to visit although most Sporeans and Msians prefer Melb over Sydney to migrate or settle down.

Comment

Mel is a city of 4 season..It's more relax and many good places to try their coffee..Like those Starbuck or coffee bean type...But I think some are even better...ppl are more friendly than in Sydney ..IMO ..The best is the free Tram ride within the square..Not sure get a tourist map..

Comment

heard its not the best place for Chinese

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X