AD stamp on warranty card & dated warranty card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD stamp on warranty card & dated warranty card

it is common for sellers to advertise their watches for sale that bears description indicating that the warranty card is there is no name and no date indicated on their warranty card.

however as a potential buyer, it is important for me to know when the watch was FIRST purchase especially since Rolex introduce the alphanumeric serial number where it is near impossible to know exactly which period the watch was first produced. recently, i have come across sellers indicating that the watch is couple of years old. but who is to know really if it is indeed couple of years old considering that rolex first introduced alphanumeric in beginning 2010 (reference found here). the watch could have been easily been more than 3 years old.

another important point to consider is that in jul 2015 (reference found here) indicated that rolex now introduces 5 years warranty. unscrupulous sellers may indicate to unsuspecting buyers that the watch is aug 2015 where the watch could have been older than that. even with the new tags to indicate 5 years warranty watches, it is not a foolproof way. the 2 foolproof ways are dated warranty card and/or original purchase receipt bearing the watch serial number. however it is not likely that seller will willing to part with the original receipt if it bears information of the first owner which they chose not to reveal.

it is important to me as a potential buyer that the warranty card is stamped, this is likely to indicate that the watch comes from AD which is another way to ensure that the watch comes from a reputable source.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

I've checked with Rolex SG recently on how they verify the actual purchase date and whether it is a 3-year of 5-year warranty piece.

Despite many postings about Rolex SA having a global database on effective warranty dates with the introduction of the new warranty card with magnetic stripe few years back, Rolex SG told me this is totally untrue. All they refer to is the date on the warranty card as a point of reference. The only database they have is when your watch is sent in to them for repairs/servicing/regulation and that is when they capture the purchase date and owner's particulars.

Comment

The ADs do swipe the warranty card on the spot upon purchase, before putting it into the box. So i assume the purchase date etc is being logged into some sort of database.

Comment

appreciate your input on how RSC checks on the date.

the purpose of knowing the original date of purchase is that as a buyer, if a watch is 3 years old compared to one that is 5 years, i would likely pay more because of the watch is "technically younger" (ceteris paribus). i would not want to pay the same price for a watch that is 5 years compared to 3 years old (ceteris paribus).

Originally posted by triton View Post

however as a potential buyer, it is important for me to know when the watch was FIRST purchase especially since Rolex introduce the alphanumeric serial number where it is near impossible to know exactly which period the watch was first produced. recently, i have come across sellers indicating that the watch is couple of years old. but who is to know really if it is indeed couple of years old considering that rolex first introduced alphanumeric in beginning 2010 (reference found here). the watch could have been easily been more than 3 years old.
        Originally posted by Choo Yao Chuen View Post
        I've checked with Rolex SG recently on how they verify the actual purchase date and whether it is a 3-year of 5-year warranty piece.

Despite many postings about Rolex SA having a global database on effective warranty dates with the introduction of the new warranty card with magnetic stripe few years back, Rolex SG told me this is totally untrue. All they refer to is the date on the warranty card as a point of reference. The only database they have is when your watch is sent in to them for repairs/servicing/regulation and that is when they capture the purchase date and owner's particulars.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Anyone can advise?

I just read that rolex extended the warranty from the usual 2 years to 5 years starting 1st July 2015.

Damned, but i recently gotten a TT GMTIIc (116713LN) from overseas AD and the date written on the card was 1st Jun2015.
          So am i unfortunate or lucky that i missed the date by exactly 1 month! 1st Jun to 1st Jul!
          Haha... the only difference is only 1 letter! "JUN --> JUL"

So is there any chance i can "fight" my case to extend to 5 years since it is only 1 month before the new policy was announced.

Comment

don't think u can because where then do they draw the line? anyways I don't think anything will happen to your watch b4 5 yrs is up.

Comment

Kudos to those who bought on 1/7/15 or later.

Those who bought theirs between 1/7/2013 to 30/6/2015, get an additional 3rd year warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by falcoroy View Post
                Anyone can advise?

I just read that rolex extended the warranty from the usual 2 years to 5 years starting 1st July 2015.

Damned, but i recently gotten a TT GMTIIc (116713LN) from overseas AD and the date written on the card was 1st Jun2015.
                So am i unfortunate or lucky that i missed the date by exactly 1 month! 1st Jun to 1st Jul!
                Haha... the only difference is only 1 letter! "JUN --> JUL"

So is there any chance i can "fight" my case to extend to 5 years since it is only 1 month before the new policy was announced.
                don't worry...the 5 years will past very fast one...
                nothing will ever happen to ur rolex for 10 years

those people at RSC sending their watches in,
                if 2 people, they are doing an authentication before buy/sell - either from here or *** =p
                otherwise, it's prob a vintage piece =p

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by trd2970 View Post
                  don't worry...the 5 years will past very fast one...
                  nothing will ever happen to ur rolex for 10 years

those people at RSC sending their watches in,
                  if 2 people, they are doing an authentication before buy/sell - either from here or *** =p
                  otherwise, it's prob a vintage piece =p

cheers
                  Haha... yup. I ve checked with RSC and indeed they will extend additional 12 month for before 1/7/15. So live and let go....

Comment

Originally posted by falcoroy View Post
                    Haha... yup. I ve checked with RSC and indeed they will extend additional 12 month for before 1/7/15. So live and let go....
                    Congrats! I'm sure you won't need to visit them.
                    Btw if it ain't broke don't fix it - very true for Rolex
                    Heard stories about watches being returned with scratches.

Comment

Originally posted by trd2970 View Post
                      Congrats! I'm sure you won't need to visit them.
                      Btw if it ain't broke don't fix it - very true for Rolex
                      Heard stories about watches being returned with scratches.
                      Bro, if it's really return with scratches I do think you can ask for compensation if you can prove that there are no scratches initially.

Comment

Originally posted by Spade View Post
                        Bro, if it's really return with scratches I do think you can ask for compensation if you can prove that there are no scratches initially.
                        Not talking about compensation
                        Read my comment again- I'm just saying if it ain't broke don't fix it, don't send it in unless necessary. Don't even want to put yourself thru that process.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X