Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction Thread in Singapore Rolex Club

Yo mods,

I'm thinking if it is possible to start an Auction Thread in the forum...

As recently, I've observe that the forum seemed rather quiet and not much buy/sell activity as compared to the earlier time when I juz joined the forum.

Perhaps the introduction of an Auction may make the forum more "lively" and more people will be interested to visit the forum more often (In order to check on the timepiece he/she may be interested in); and also at the same time may be able to contribute to more post/interaction in the forum??

Juz a thought... any input?

Regards

Not really a good idea though it sounds interesting. Because there are many loopholes. Unless these loopholes can be overcome. Why not you come up with a proposal and present it to the moderators? It may work.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I got a feeling that a lot of people will keep increasing the bid but in the end will not pay for the price... The worst is they will low ball you later...

MY suggestion is if really want an auction, only members who at least have 6 mths old can participate.. Make it a tradition to use the member rating to reduce if he dont pay up..

My 0.02c

Comment

Not easy man...

and besides..whose watch to put up?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i can always put up my entire 6694 collection. minimum bid price is 30k for 5 of them.

after all, one of them has tanglin barracks stamped on the warranty papers.

all of them comes with box and papers. 2 of them in 6694 box, 3 in seahorse box.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
            I got a feeling that a lot of people will keep increasing the bid but in the end will not pay for the price... The worst is they will low ball you later...

MY suggestion is if really want an auction, only members who at least have 6 mths old can participate.. Make it a tradition to use the member rating to reduce if he dont pay up..

My 0.02c
            Well, I understand what you mean. But The problem of being low-balled exist regardless of whether there is an auction or not. With an auction system in place, there is more transparency in the ending price. People may take the end bid price as a reference or gauge, of the current worth of certain watch in the market based on the current demand.

How long ago a member registered in the forum does not indicate that they are a good/trustworthy bidder. I know of some forumers who are active in the forum in terms of discussions rather than buying/selling watches. Sad to say, some are also regular low-ballers (I'm not going to name who). And there are those who comes in to chit chat... Number of post or how long they are in the fourms is not an accurate indicator in IMO.

The rating system is a good suggestion though. Based on the ratings, members can gain reputation for providing good, fair or satisfactory deals to both parties. Alternatively, he/she can get blacklisted too for not fullfilling his part of the deal (More to bidders/buyers who did not pay or low-balled later). We can then find out the blacksheeps and ban them from the forum!! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              Not easy man...

and besides..whose watch to put up?
              Well... Maybe you can start the ball rolling by auctioning your 1601?? Heehee

Auction itself can help alot of bro/sis here to clear off their extra or unwanted watches faster, and at the same time bidders may be able to grab a good deal. Seller shall place a lower reserve price and fix an ending date and time for the auction. Of course, he/she may place a BNP too if he/she wishes.

Moderators shall judge without bias should any disagreement or complaints arises from the transaction... More things for you to do to keep yourself occupied!! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                i can always put up my entire 6694 collection. minimum bid price is 30k for 5 of them.

after all, one of them has tanglin barracks stamped on the warranty papers.

all of them comes with box and papers. 2 of them in 6694 box, 3 in seahorse box.

Wah bro... really wanna clear them off ar? I tempted but pocket empty empty...sob sob...

Comment

Originally posted by Radiolite22 View Post
                  Well... Maybe you can start the ball rolling by auctioning your 1601?? Heehee

Auction itself can help alot of bro/sis here to clear off their extra or unwanted watches faster, and at the same time bidders may be able to grab a good deal. Seller shall place a lower reserve price and fix an ending date and time for the auction. Of course, he/she may place a BNP too if he/she wishes.

Moderators shall judge without bias should any disagreement or complaints arises from the transaction... More things for you to do to keep yourself occupied!! Haha
                  Auction that 1 off? U siao ah...my whole family come after me hor eh now seventh month leh...later at night my grandpa come and ask me for watch how

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

think auction will make things a little tricky esp if people have more than 1 nickname
                    Wishlist:
                    1. AP Grand Prix Carbon
                    2. Corum Bubble Skeleton
                    3. IWC Big Pilot Perpetual Calendar Rose Gold
                    4. Ulysses Nardin Freak Cruiser
                    5. Richard Mille RM 11 Rose Gold

(Dream only)

Comment

Originally posted by Radiolite22 View Post
                      Yo mods,

I'm thinking if it is possible to start an Auction Thread in the forum...

As recently, I've observe that the forum seemed rather quiet and not much buy/sell activity as compared to the earlier time when I juz joined the forum.

Perhaps the introduction of an Auction may make the forum more "lively" and more people will be interested to visit the forum more often (In order to check on the timepiece he/she may be interested in); and also at the same time may be able to contribute to more post/interaction in the forum??

Juz a thought... any input?

Regards
                      I think the slow down in views and transcations is due to the fact that alot of people who wish to view the Sell/ Buy could not view it now.

Comment

its gonna keep everyone very busy!!

Comment

I don't think it will work in the forum as foresee lots of problems for both sellers and buyers. As the condition of the watch is subjected to individual judgement. I would not want to offer a price to the watch if I did not see the condition for myself. I'm more towards traditional that I can see, feel and hold the watch prior any commitment to purchase...

Comment

agreed.
                            a picture tells a thousand words, especially close up shots.
                            I appreciate the beauty of watches although if its not the one I would wanna get.

Comment

activity decline is from minimum 10 post count rule

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X