Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Require 10 post to view sales forum, What is your view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you have read the 2 threads you were directed to read, you will know the reason for having a 10 post count rule.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• I read both the threads before posting. Just sharing a noob perspective. ✌🏼️

Comment

• Sorry, I meant to say I read both threads before posting.

Comment

• if you had read the 2 threads, then you will know that there is more than 1 section you can post. you may want to consider clicking on the self help link under latest announcement and read the section why cannot post and read the text that are in red and in italics.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• I'm trying to help or be helped.

Only "Feedback" and "FAQ" appears on my browser.

YOU try login as a noob.

Comment

• thank you for trying to help.

did a check on your account. as normal registered users, users will be able to see other sections as well. there are a selected group of users who have "restricted" access such as yourself because you failed to perform required tasks. this situation which you are is again explained in the section - why can't i access all sections of the forum.

HINT - there were 2 private messages sent to you which either you have not read or you chose to ignore.

Originally posted by Malique View Post
              I'm trying to help or be helped.

Only "Feedback" and "FAQ" appears on my browser.

YOU try login as a noob.

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

• I have no issues since this is a forum sites for us Watch lower to to mingle and chat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kumate View Post
                  I have no issues since this is a forum sites for us Watch lower to to mingle and chat.
                  security feature perhaps?

Comment

• New member here. At this moment I cannot reply in most subforums. I have to resort to posting in the non-watch subforums such as makan and movies in order to hit 10 posts. I don't understand why there is such a restriction. Shouldn't I start by posting in the watch-related subforums? This is SG Rolex Club; I'm here to learn about this renowned make of luxury timepieces (and check out the used market, I'll admit).

Admin/Mod please enlighten me. Thanks!

Comment

• Since you are here to check out the renowed make of luxury time pieces, you can access the commercial paid advertiser sections.

also, you were directed to read 2 threads one of which is advisory : members, which clearly indicate the reason for 10 post count. you probably politely chose not to read the thread hence miss out on why there is a 10 post count rule.

Originally posted by rhema83 View Post
                      New member here. At this moment I cannot reply in most subforums. I have to resort to posting in the non-watch subforums such as makan and movies in order to hit 10 posts. I don't understand why there is such a restriction. Shouldn't I start by posting in the watch-related subforums? This is SG Rolex Club; I'm here to learn about this renowned make of luxury timepieces (and check out the used market, I'll admit).

Admin/Mod please enlighten me. Thanks!

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                        Since you are here to check out the renowed make of luxury time pieces, you can access the commercial paid advertiser sections.

also, you were directed to read 2 threads one of which is advisory : members, which clearly indicate the reason for 10 post count. you probably politely chose not to read the thread hence miss out on why there is a 10 post count rule.
                        I have read the said threads.

ii) To encourage members to share information and knowledge, the garage is open to members who have contributed a minimum of 10 posts by posting replies in existing threads in non garage sections ( watch gallery, lifestyle/entertainment & members corner ONLY ) of the forum in order to have privileges to post reply/thread in garage sections.

Kindly note that though you have achieve the post count, there is a turn around time up to 24 hours for system to upgrade your status from moderated user.
                        This clause implies that I will not be able to post new threads or reply to existing threads in Garage until I have 10 posts in the specified forums. It does not mention that I will not be able to post new threads or reply to existing threads in any other forum.

If the policy is that new members will only be able to reply to existing threads in those specified forums for their first 10 posts, I didn't get it from reading the above. If there is another relevant clause, I must have missed it. Please point me to it.

Comment

• By the way I am not here to start a war of words with the admins/mods or question their correctness/authority. I am merely sharing the confusion (and a bit of frustration) that a new member experienced. It would be nice if the next new member doesn't have to experience the same.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all at SRC! Cheers!

Comment

• Hi,

as the section clearly indicates where users can post, it also INDIRECTLY is implying that users cannot post in other sections.

the word is (only) which is in upper case - "non garage sections ( watch gallery, lifestyle/entertainment & members corner ONLY )"

Originally posted by rhema83 View Post
                            I have read the said threads.

This clause implies that I will not be able to post new threads or reply to existing threads in Garage until I have 10 posts in the specified forums. It does not mention that I will not be able to post new threads or reply to existing threads in any other forum.

If the policy is that new members will only be able to reply to existing threads in those specified forums for their first 10 posts, I didn't get it from reading the above. If there is another relevant clause, I must have missed it. Please point me to it.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                              Hi,

as the section clearly indicates where users can post, it also INDIRECTLY is implying that users cannot post in other sections.

the word is (only) which is in upper case - "non garage sections ( watch gallery, lifestyle/entertainment & members corner ONLY )"
                              This is a case of message sent != message received. Thanks for clarifying.

Ironically, thanks to this exchange, I've clocked a few more posts towards 10.

Peace out.

Comment

• Pro and cons, every forum will have their own rules. Just follow if u like to use the forum. My 2 cents.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X