No announcement yet.

Rolex Service Centre Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi May i know what is the price for authentication at RSC and also, is it possible to authenticate at say HJ watch or JW watch if it is not worth it to do at RSC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgdividends View Post
      Hi May i know what is the price for authentication at RSC and also, is it possible to authenticate at say HJ watch or JW watch if it is not worth it to do at RSC?
      The ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) in Singapore had ceased to provide this service. It was chargeable at $107 (incl. GST) previously. You may authenticate at JWWatch, and some other watch companies that provide this service. I'm not sure if HJ has this service.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Thanks for your reply. Quite surprising as i would think its a profitable business . Heard JW takes a very long time to check.

May i know the difference between Watch dealer Garage and Rolex garage?

There is one Commercial dealer Garage which i think Chuan, chrono will be there but how about Watch dealer Garage? who are these people?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Quite surprising as i would think its a profitable business . Heard JW takes a very long time to check.

May i know the difference between Watch dealer Garage and Rolex garage?

There is one Commercial dealer Garage which i think Chuan, chrono will be there but how about Watch dealer Garage? who are these people?
          Profitable? I think they thought otherwise. They should've preferred to take in more servicing and repair jobs where they are likely to earn much more. As it is now, a basic servicing package (w/o repair/change of parts) on those models with simple complication like date already cost $980; with GST it would be $1,048.60

For JWWatch, I do not think they need a long time to authenticate. To service/repair, yes. JWWatch has been known to take between 3-4 months for a service job. To authenticate, if an appointment is made, it should not take more than an hour.

The Watch Dealer Garage are for sellers who have 6 or more watches to sell. It does not matter if the seller is an owner or dealer/shop. The ROLEX Garage is rather straight-forward; sales of only ROLEX/Tudor watches, and with 5 or less watch sales.

As mentioned earlier, the Watch Dealer Garage can be anyone. As long as a seller has 6 or more watches to sell at one time, the sales threads will go to it.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Thanks.
            With RSC out of the picture, now I got a problem which is a business opportunity for anyone.

I am buying one Rolex from a shop now and hammering the details of what constitutes a full refund of money which they say they will of not original.

They can turn around and say they don't trust the shop I send for authentication . Last time RSC is industry norm.

So now how to do business ?

Anyway, I heard one reputable shop steal some of the genuine parts inside . Is there a profitable aftermarket business for parts?

Buying a Rolex other than from THG is a high risk affair now and bringing to service in a non RSC place seems so risky

Comment

• the shop you are buying from is a non AD. even with RSC when they can do verification, your described situation has already existed.

it comes down to buyers trusting the shop that the watch is original hence it is buyer's decision to deal with which shop.

you hear that a shop steal genuine parts inside. your "inside" refers to where?

as a buyer whose decision is a peace of mind, then buy from AD. there is no doubt.

Originally posted by Sgdividends View Post
              Thanks.

With RSC out of the picture, now I got a problem which is a business opportunity for anyone.

I am buying one Rolex from a shop now and hammering the details of what constitutes a full refund of money which they say they will of not original.

They can turn around and say they don't trust the shop I send for authentication . Last time RSC is industry norm.

So now how to do business ?

Anyway, I heard one reputable shop steal some of the genuine parts inside . Is there a profitable aftermarket business for parts?

Buying a Rolex other than from THG is a high risk affair now and bringing to service in a non RSC place seems so risky
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks. With RSC out of the picture, now I got a problem which is a business opportunity for anyone.

I am buying one Rolex from a shop now and hammering the details of what constitutes a full refund of money which they say they will of not original. They can turn around and say they don't trust the shop I send for authentication . Last time RSC is industry norm. So now how to do business ?

Anyway, I heard one reputable shop steal some of the genuine parts inside . Is there a profitable aftermarket business for parts? Buying a Rolex other than from THG is a high risk affair now and bringing to service in a non RSC place seems so risky
                I think if we keep on discussing such details and suspicions, the cows will never come home

I feel that your description of "hammering the details" are more apt towards vintage ROLEX watches. If this is the case, the risk is always there. What is or not original of a ROLEX watch you are buying can be communicated with the seller/shop prior to the purchase and detailed out accordingly. Even if you are afraid the seller/shop may turn around to dispute a claim of non-originality, you can inform him beforehand that you will be sending the watch to a particular watch technician to verify and obtain seller/shop's agreement that the watch technician can be relied upon for a professional opinion. This, in a way, will 'bind' the seller/shop on the contract.

Now, on the "reputable shop" stealing. If it is hearsay, then be mindful. Yes, though there is a profitable aftermarket business for parts, but how do one authenticate parts? And where to authenticate parts now?? Will you dare to buy a $2,000 Daytona dial online? How about a pair of vintage Submariner watch hands for $3,000?

And pls allow me to clarify your sentence, "Buying a Rolex other than from THG is a ...". It should be "other than from a ROLEX authorize dealer". The Hour Glass (THG) is not the only AD.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Thanks Triton and OceanKlassik.

I guess as mentioned there is a risk as in with all business and we can only reduce not eliminate.

Triton, i read your posts before about due diligence before buying a watch..good read.

Comment

• Been poring through this forum, so given their no authentication service anymore .
                    Can I just bring there to enquire about whether my Rolex needs to be serviced and how much they charge ? If too ex, I will not choose to do it.

How much must I pay for enquiring and showing them the watch ?

Most importantly do they open up the watch to check if it needs servicing or just key in the serial number to see when last serviced?

Without being explicit there is a motive I admit.

Comment

• if i am not mistaken, they will give you a quote of the estimate amount. should the user chooses not to service the watch, user will have to pay a fee which i dont recall how much.

why not you visit RSC and use this method to see how much they charge you and then post your answers here to share with others.

Originally posted by Sgdividends View Post
                      Been poring through this forum, so given their no authentication service anymore .
                      Can I just bring there to enquire about whether my Rolex needs to be serviced and how much they charge ? If too ex, I will not choose to do it.

Most importantly do they open up the watch to check if it needs servicing or just key in the serial number to see when last serviced?

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Ok seems like Breitling sop ..Breitling charges 35 bucks based on 2 months ok..

Will post when I reach it...Haven't found a good deal yet!

Comment

• Hello everyone,

Can someone let me know how much regular services run for these days? Are we still <S$1,000 or that limit has been crossed long ago?

Thx!

Comment

Been poring through this forum, so given their no authentication service anymore .

Yes, you can send in your ROLEX watch for a service quote and there is no charge to obtain a service quote. After the inspection, you will be informed if the watch needs a service or repair. If yes, they will quote you the price and what needs to be done. If you choose not to, they will return the watch.

Normally, the inspection to determine if a watch needs service/repair are mainly visual and a bit of physical works such as meddling with the crown, adjusting the timing and/or date, or other functions there are in the watch. They will also take out the bracelet to examine the watch case, check their records of last service (if any), etc. Mainly, exterior checks only without opening the case-back.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Ok seems like Breitling sop ..Breitling charges 35 bucks based on 2 months ok..

Will post when I reach it...Haven't found a good deal yet!
                              Don't really get what you are trying to say
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley_K View Post
                                Hello everyone,

Can someone let me know how much regular services run for these days? Are we still <S$1,000 or that limit has been crossed long ago?

Thx!
                                If you are asking whether the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) still charges less than 1K for a basic service, yes. It was $980 but after factoring in GST, it would be $1,048.60. This would include light polishing and a change of crown (if it needs to be changed), and an extended two years' warranty by RSC. Is this what you are asking?
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X