Rolex Service Centre Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    If you are asking whether the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) still charges less than 1K for a basic service, yes. It was $980 but after factoring in GST, it would be $1,048.60. This would include light polishing and a change of crown (if it needs to be changed), and an extended two years' warranty by RSC. Is this what you are asking?
    That's exactly what I was asking for :-)

Thanks a lot !

Comment

Yes, you can send in your ROLEX watch for a service quote and there is no charge to obtain a service quote. After the inspection, you will be informed if the watch needs a service or repair. If yes, they will quote you the price and what needs to be done. If you choose not to, they will return the watch.

Normally, the inspection to determine if a watch needs service/repair are mainly visual and a bit of physical works such as meddling with the crown, adjusting the timing and/or date, or other functions there are in the watch. They will also take out the bracelet to examine the watch case, check their records of last service (if any), etc. Mainly, exterior checks only without opening the case-back.
      Thanks Ocean. Thats nice of them not to charge a price for a service quote.

What i was saying previously was Breitling charged me a fee for quoting me the price of servicing.

Comment

• I see, ok. Breitling would probably absorb the $35 into the servicing/repair package if you take it up with them I guess.

Tx for sharing.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgdividends View Post
          Thanks Ocean. Thats nice of them not to charge a price for a service quote.

What i was saying previously was Breitling charged me a fee for quoting me the price of servicing.
          This morning i called in RC and told them my watch need servcing. The lady told to send in for a quote. If i do not want to service, i need to pay $107. True ?

Comment

• Yes, true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaun23 View Post
              This morning i called in RC and told them my watch need servcing. The lady told to send in for a quote. If i do not want to service, i need to pay $107. True ?
              You have already called "RC" (hope you meant "ROLEX Service Centre"), why the need to clarify here since you had obtained official information

Anyway, RSC has not been consistent in their approaches towards customers. I had experienced it personally over recent visits with various friends and colleagues. Just to share a couple:

Case 1
              A colleague sent in his old ROLEX watch to RSC due to a chipped glass. IIRC, the watch was like 8-10 years old but in relatively good condition. He requested for a change of the glass and nothing else to be done to his watch. RSC then requested that he left the watch there for a couple of hours for checks. Hours later, he received a call from RSC that in order to have the glass changed, he had to sent in the watch for a full service. Otherwise, they would not change the glass for him, citing that the glass on his old watch was a "third party glass". My colleague refused, returned to RSC on the same day, and collected back his watch. He wasn't charged any money.

Case 2
              Went with a friend to RSC as he wanted a change of bezel on his old GMT Master II. His watch was nearing a decade old. There were no serious scratches on the old bezel or any damage to it. Watch condition was good. He merely wanted a change of bezel color. RSC took in the watch after asking some basic questions, and they did not insist that he must service the watch. Bezel was changed, and my friend collected the watch early the next day after paying about $100+. Of course, he 'sacrificed' his old bezel, which according to him, was a "non original bezel" that he had bought for less than $40 from a Chinatown watch shop.

See the inconsistencies?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Case 1
                A colleague sent in his old ROLEX watch to RSC due to a chipped glass. IIRC, the watch was like 8-10 years old but in relatively good condition. He requested for a change of the glass and nothing else to be done to his watch. RSC then requested that he left the watch there for a couple of hours for checks. Hours later, he received a call from RSC that in order to have the glass changed, he had to sent in the watch for a full service. Otherwise, they would not change the glass for him, citing that the glass on his old watch was a "third party glass". My colleague refused, returned to RSC on the same day, and collected back his watch. He wasn't charged any money.

Case 2
                Went with a friend to RSC as he wanted a change of bezel on his old GMT Master II. His watch was nearing a decade old. There were no serious scratches on the old bezel or any damage to it. Watch condition was good. He merely wanted a change of bezel color. RSC took in the watch after asking some basic questions, and they did not insist that he must service the watch. Bezel was changed, and my friend collected the watch early the next day after paying about $100+. Of course, he 'sacrificed' his old bezel, which according to him, was a "non original bezel" that he had bought for less than $40 from a Chinatown watch shop.

See the inconsistencies?
                case 1 - change of glass need to open e watch, that's why servicing is needed
                case 2 - change bezel no need to open e watch, therefore servicing is not needed.

in short is not about original or non-original parts, it's about the job scope of e parts replacement.

Comment

You have already called "RC" (hope you meant "ROLEX Service Centre"), why the need to clarify here since you had obtained official information

Anyway, RSC has not been consistent in their approaches towards customers. I had experienced it personally over recent visits with various friends and colleagues. Just to share a couple:

Case 1

Case 2

See the inconsistencies?
                  Probably diferent CS has different approached to client.
                  What if i purposely buy a link and also ask for service quote ? Maybe almost same price but get a link back. Main objective is to authenticate my watch and also make sure he shop i purchased mentioned watch has been service recently. Please advice.

Comment

• Comment

Case 1

Case 2

See the inconsistencies?
                      Quite surprising to know that RSC accept the " non original bezel " ... but i don't doubt on their expertise.

Comment

• So need to pay or not to get service quote?

Comment

• Originally posted by Watchorama View Post
                          So need to pay or not to get service quote?
                          Get service quote no need to pay.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• initially wanted to send in my batman for "free" calibration (bought new about over 1 month) cause it tends to run faster while wife's black date sub tends to run slower. now I read the horror stories about SG's RSC now kinda hesitant liao.....

Comment

• Originally posted by mun_hoe View Post
                              initially wanted to send in my batman for "free" calibration (bought new about over 1 month) cause it tends to run faster while wife's black date sub tends to run slower. now I read the horror stories about SG's RSC now kinda hesitant liao.....
                              How much faster for the Batman; how much slower is the Sub? If both watches are still new, then wait for a couple of months see if they improve/deteriorate. You still need to get it checked when it is better done during warranty.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• So can I confirm if we still need to pay to have a watch regulated if outside the warranty period?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X