No announcement yet.

$2500 price tag for Servicing Omega at Swatch Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos to you Lester and maybe this hobby does need more people like yourself when it comes time to bite the bullet. Main thing is you are happy with the result and that is what matters. Pretty obvious that its a chunk of $$$ but ultimately you are happy with it. For me, I am more curious as to why the inside would corrode more than having to spend the $. People gladly pay to service/change parts in a car but have trouble with hobbies and that baffles me indeed. Enjoy the watch to the fullest!

Comment

Interesting....I've been a nut for Omegas having had 6 over the years. Now I have 3...
      I had my Omega Seamaster 2254.50 serviced at SWATCH Group a year back and yes they started with a $775 estimate with more to be advised after inspection. It took 6 weeks because of parts availability but the watch came back pretty much in new running condition.

Recently bought a used mint 2230.50 - probably would send it in for a full service in a couple of years at SWATCH too. The chap I bought it from recommended JW who also do servicing. Visited them when I was in the Tanjong Pagar area and I liked what I saw. The counter service was good and the craftsmen in the back looked like they knew what they were doing.

So I took a test run.......sent in my quartz SMP300 [circa 2006]for a full service. They quoted $250 + $80 for a polish . Only drawback is time frame - 12 weeks! Yup 3 Months. So I will know then if it was a good decision. Still my watch is a quartz - albeit an Omega. But seeing the satisfied customers there who were handing in everything from IWCs to Franck Mullers - I may have found a far more affordable service centre.... Will keep you brothers updated when I see my watch again in November.

Comment

Actually I think JW isn't too far off in terms of pricing from Swatch. I was quoted a price close to Swatch's quote for the service of my Speedmaster and a turn around of more than 3 months. Hence I decided to go with a Swatch full service. I also believe that servicing a watch at the manufacturer will give me peace of mind that all parts will be Omega and polishing is done correctly to retain the factory finishing for case and bracelet.plus a 2 years warranty is hard to beat.

in fact Swatch quoted me around 450 to 500 for full service of my Quartz SMP 300.

Comment

Originally posted by Balzebub View Post
          Actually I think JW isn't too far off in terms of pricing from Swatch. I was quoted a price close to Swatch's quote for the service of my Speedmaster and a turn around of more than 3 months. Hence I decided to go with a Swatch full service. I also believe that servicing a watch at the manufacturer will give me peace of mind that all parts will be Omega and polishing is done correctly to retain the factory finishing for case and bracelet.plus a 2 years warranty is hard to beat.

in fact Swatch quoted me around 450 to 500 for full service of my Quartz SMP 300.
          Well I do agree with you that I'd go the the authorised centre - but in my case only if the watch was still under warranty [why the hell not??], or is an automatic that needed a post warranty service like one of my Breitlings. Their service video gives you details that make you simply say - damn, they just "re-newed" my watch. I wouldn't risk either one of them automatic Breitlings - but I would take a chance with a quartz model and I did. Swatch did ask for $500 but I am taking a calculated risk here...

Comment

Originally posted by mixmasternrv View Post
            Well I do agree with you that I'd go the the authorised centre - but in my case only if the watch was still under warranty [why the hell not??], or is an automatic that needed a post warranty service like one of my Breitlings. Their service video gives you details that make you simply say - damn, they just "re-newed" my watch. I wouldn't risk either one of them automatic Breitlings - but I would take a chance with a quartz model and I did. Swatch did ask for $500 but I am taking a calculated risk here...
            Can enlighten me on this breitling service video you mentioned ?

Comment

Originally posted by jieming View Post
              Can enlighten me on this breitling service video you mentioned ?
              Here you go
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKLH1...hl=en-GB&gl=SG

Comment

Just an update.
                Got my Omega Seamaster Professional Quartz Ref 2264.50.00 back - pristine condition with $280 for the full service and a further $80 for complete polishing. A little less than the authorised service centre but I guess I am pretty satisfied. But now that it is back .... it may not get much wrist time as I have grown used to my Seamaster 300 Chronometer 2230.50.00 being my daily beater.

Comment

Nice vids. Keep up the good work. hope to see more soon.

Comment

$2.5k for servicing? I hope the watch is really worth it. There's a reason for everything.
                    "Everyone wants a Rolex. If they say they are not interested, they must be lying." - Telepgm

Comment

$1200 for the moon disc???? Made of diamond?

I've never serviced my omega at swatch group. I just go to K2...

Comment

I have a PO Chrono with co-axial movement and I was quoted about 1k+ for servicing. Just wondering if I should just go with Swatch or go to other places since it is a co-axial movement.

Can anyone advise?

Comment

Originally posted by mojoe View Post
                          I have a PO Chrono with co-axial movement and I was quoted about 1k+ for servicing. Just wondering if I should just go with Swatch or go to other places since it is a co-axial movement.

Can anyone advise?
                          Co-axial = Omega service.

Comment

Anyone know whether if omega bezel can be replaced as mine has a bad ding..Thanks in advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by nicolasM View Post
                              Co-axial = Omega service.
                              Agree... for co-axial servicing best left to the good folk at Omega.
                              FYI an article I found interesting some time back
                              http://www.forbes.com/sites/arielada.../#34455ead9598

Comment

Current price list for services as published by Omega:
                                https://www.omegawatches.com/custome...es/?no_cache=1

Interesting that those on straps and bracelets have differing prices:

Strap ----------------------------------------------------- Mechanical ------ Quartz
                                CALIBRES FROM 1985 TO THIS DAY ----------- 570 SGD ------ 480 SGD
                                Bracelet
                                CALIBRES FROM 1985 TO THIS DAY ----------- 620 SGD ------ 530 SGD

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X