Prices of Watch Winders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices of Watch Winders

From my previous manufacturing experience, I know about 20% of the product cost usually goes to materials while 80% goes to other cost factors such as Manufacturing, R&D;, A&P;, Administrations, etc. I can’t estimate a particular unit cost unless I do an exercise taking it apart and getting quotes on those various parts. But I won’t go down that avenue.

Looking around the local shops here, I see popular brands like Underwood, Scatola, Buben & Zorweg and Orbita on display. Prices range from “expensive” to “very expensive” (I don’t intend to say the numbers here). There are also a number of china-made re-branded units selling too. One such unit looked pretty close to those that come from ERS. It’s sold in a mall at North Bridge Road, and remembering the bad review in one of the forums, and the excessive TPD it provides, I won’t bother highlighting anything about it.

Watch Forums usually have a Sales Corner where you can purchase one, relying on members recommendations. Such forums also have good information about various prices and where to buy them. It seems to me that there’s always a search for “cheap watch winders” amongst them.

Yes, I do believe there will be cheap watch winders. But how cheap is cheap? And how reliable are they? As the saying goes, “Cheap things are no good while Good things are not cheap”.

I’ve tried searching for Watch Winder complaints just for kicks and there actually was a website for “Complaints”. Amazon.com is another good source where many people leave their comments after buying a watch winder.

Lastly, if you think a Watch Winder is expensive, try making one yourself then.
    Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
    • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
    • Montre de MarQue
    • Etoile D'Or
    • Hotel Indonesia
    • Glory Time
    • The Watch-Collector
    • Time Palace
    • The Swiss Connection
    • M Baker
    • Maurice Lacroix
    • Time Marques
    • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Originally posted by nb1
    buy the china made one, one for $90 cheap and good
    Any particular retail shop or lobang that you may want to share?

Comment

Originally posted by FC1976 View Post
      Any particular retail shop or lobang that you may want to share?
      It really depends on which type of winder you are looking for. There's a couple of them in the forum that are letting off for a good price.

Comment

Can get pretty reasonably priced watch winder on Taobao

Comment

Actually if we just let the watch idle wothout a winder , will it do any bad ?

Comment

one view is that there is no issue.

another view is that if the watch is not in winder, the lubricant inside will settled down on one side, hence other parts will have no lubricant and when it moves after long period, it may not be good for the mechanism part. as to how long, it is hard to say because weather aka temperature plays a part.

Originally posted by Anvo View Post
            Actually if we just let the watch idle wothout a winder , will it do any bad ?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Some of my friends got the winder from Taobao. Tot it would be cheap but still end up paying a few hundred for it. But of cos u get more pockets and winders compared to those u buy here with the same price

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X