A BALL for Sg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A BALL for Sg?

Now that ball watch has officially landed here, would anyone be interested in a ball watch that is dedicated to Sg. Ball watch has issue limited edition watch to Taiwan, Japan and middle east. THG got Sinn to occasionally do one U series for them and Azimuth did one anti-clocwise watch to celebrate national day. Surely, the number of BALL fans here in Sg is much larger than the ball watch Facebook "like".
    So why should ball watch not do one for us esteem BALLers in Sg. Maybe a simple fireman series design with a see-through case back that has Sg flag printed on the rear glass to commemorate Sg success. And since it is a fireman series, it would be more affordable. And maybe, special price would be given to multiple ball watch owners like a handful of us here. What do you think?
    sigpic

let's wait for ballwatch@sin to respond.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Yes, count me in .
      I'll prefer a solid case back with engraving that represent certain parts of S'pore. E.g. Tanjong Pagar railway station buliding, Merlion, Statue of Sir Stamford Raffles, ..... what else....

Comment

Well we can alway feedback from here right? It not going to limited to this forum. �� Raffles statue is a solid ideal, the best would be Sg coastal map but we all know it alway changing. My input is Changni control tower, "shiny" durian or even sg flyer as long as they are not going to demolish anytime soon.
        sigpic

Comment

The "shiny" durian will be painful for the wrist with the pointy edges . As for the flyer imo is not uniquely s'pore, people might tot it is the london eye

Comment

how abt the merlion? but a special sg version is a very gd idea...
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current:
            BALL Fireman Ionsphere
            Rolex Daytona 116520 M series
            Rolex Sub C 116610LN AN series

Gone:
            BALL Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro
            IWC GST Chronograph 3707
            Rolex Explorer II D series
            Rolex Sub 16610 M series

Next Target:
            Rolex Day-date 18239!! The president.. :D:D
            AP????

In the meantime:
            Save $$ ar!!! & hope strike TOTO or Big Sweep!! :pray:

Comment

Well they can alway "lump" both the "spike" and "eye" the together OR even the whole view of the marina bay. Worst case scenario, a MRT running on the third rail( hahaha ) since it synonymous with BALL railway watch theme.
              sigpic

Comment

Let's hope BALL SG buy your idea .

Comment

With all the MRT issues... i doubt i would like to be reminded each time i look at the caseback!!!

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                  Well they can alway "lump" both the "spike" and "eye" the together OR even the whole view of the marina bay. Worst case scenario, a MRT running on the third rail( hahaha ) since it synonymous with BALL railway watch theme.
                  sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

If the respond is ok. Guess they might head to the planning board soon. Anyway, they can alway set a target of approx 150 to 350 limited series which is way less than the number of ball owners reporting here or in other forum. I guess alot of us have become sophisticated collectors. So it is not just brand reputation or how much the watch can resell in used market that we target. But rather, we also go for something that is more personnel and has unique "touch".
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                      With all the MRT issues... i doubt i would like to be reminded each time i look at the caseback!!!
                      That way just pulling the legs of smrt. I myself was stuck in three out of the few smrt major incident... I guess you have seem the reply to your "120" enquiry. Cheers.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                        Now that ball watch has officially landed here, would anyone be interested in a ball watch that is dedicated to Sg. Ball watch has issue limited edition watch to Taiwan, Japan and middle east. THG got Sinn to occasionally do one U series for them and Azimuth did one anti-clocwise watch to celebrate national day. Surely, the number of BALL fans here in Sg is much larger than the ball watch Facebook "like".
                        So why should ball watch not do one for us esteem BALLers in Sg. Maybe a simple fireman series design with a see-through case back that has Sg flag printed on the rear glass to commemorate Sg success. And since it is a fireman series, it would be more affordable. And maybe, special price would be given to multiple ball watch owners like a handful of us here. What do you think?
                        Dear Iceheller,

I think this is really a good idea especially this is from the Ball fan and Ball supporter and we will feedback this to the management is Swiss.
                        Maybe we won't see it so soon as the basel fair in Swiss is just over but we will try to work it out hopefully we can have our own Limited Edition soon.
                        Regards
                        Ball Watch Company

Comment

Great idea, I'd want to get one if it's going to be a reality.

A merlion will be a good representation of Singapore
                          Currently Wearing
                          Rolex 216570

Comment

Originally posted by theoldjaffa View Post
                            Great idea, I'd want to get one if it's going to be a reality.

A merlion will be a good representation of Singapore
                            Thanks theoldjaffa, i will try to suggest a merlion at the caseback for you..
                            Regards
                            Ball Watch Company

Comment

the number of ball watch owners here may be limited, however i am sure that there are many ball watch owners who are not login into this forum. so a realistic target of 150 or 300 is feasible depending on the price of watch.

low production number means higher cost to customers, higher production number may result in lower cost to customers for a specific model.

i have come across a brand where the faithful followers wanted a sg edition of the watch, the group even design the dial, case back, etc, specifying which movement as well. they met with the local brand distributor and communicated with the headquarters as well. in the end, the plan fell through because by the time the brand owner decided to have a go ahead, it was more than 12 months since the start of discussion.

then there was another brand which wanted to come about something for local market. convince the local followers to put money up front. a friend of mine paid full price for the watch without seeing the final product. the understanding was that the launching price will be higher than those who pre-ordered. guess what on the actual day of launch, the brand sold the watch @ a lower price to another buyer that my friend paid for. my friend swore never ever to buy from that brand again.

the idea is itself is good to forge an identity, however there are many concerns coming from brand itself, the faithful followers of the country, watch design, etc. more important, when the final product is ready, will those who expressed interests pull the plug last minute?
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X