Resale Value - Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
    Not impossible. I paid $7500 for a 5G back then. Now, it's 1/3 down.

Maybe I should hunt for my old flame, 183G!
    May be you must act fast if you can find one , for sure😄

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
      The bubble has burst. Yeah right.. Still waiting for a Pam 005 at SGD $3500.00 to complete my set of Pam 000 and Pam 005 : )
      I bid for $3600. Ha!

000, 005, 111, 112 are all good in my view, cheaper Panerai models too

Comment

personal opinion, the prices may adjust downwards but if it happens it will only be marginal... And short term... That is to protect the brand value.

As long as there is demand prices will hold steady or increase over time. Any short term adjustment downwards panerai can argue it is due to fx fluctuation. However in the long run prices should slowly appreciate as more developing countries get richer and more affluent hence resulting in increase of demand of luxury goods.

Increased demand will come from developing countries... It was China, Dubai, etc. It could be India, Philippines, next. Of course China will continue to be a strong sales driver.

It will be absurd to think the RRP at local AD will fall by 25 or 30% as this will seriously damage the brand value and reputation. No reputable luxury watch brand will allow that. Not Rolex, not PP, not JLC and certainly not Panerai.

The same can't be said for grey market and that's why there will always be a market for them. The same also can't be said for preowned market. Only a few brands actually have preowned models that appreciate in value or hold value well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mezz72 View Post
            things have changed since then ...Pam still holding ?

Comment

i think panerai resale prices dropped quite abit

saw pam 388 selling below 6k (retail around 10k?)

Btw, can someone share with me is this 183 movement real or fake?

Comment

Panerai is undergoing a very serious brand dilution phase now. Thats the price to pay for producing too many too soon. Their special editions haven't got much meaning now. You have so many SEs every year and the worst part.... reproducing SEs. I would rank Pams and Hublots together now. They are the king of Special Editions. Though prices have taken a beating in recent years, I dun see myself acquiring one. Although tempted at times!
                1 3 5
                ├┼┼╕
                2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                  Panerai is undergoing a very serious brand dilution phase now. Thats the price to pay for producing too many too soon. Their special editions haven't got much meaning now. You have so many SEs every year and the worst part.... reproducing SEs.
                  Agree with you. Only keeping my old Panerai and stopped buying new ones for more than 3 years already

Comment

Originally posted by WatchRUs View Post
                    Agree with you. Only keeping my old Panerai and stopped buying new ones for more than 3 years already
                    i feel that LVMH takeover has something to do with this . LVMH bosses may have decided to milk this brand ..perhaps having little understanding of the heritage and risk involved .

i have written to them complaining about the state of affiars . Seems they have a problem with the channel level also......selling thru grey market now .

coupled with that no support on marketing ....even their facebook page dosnt get updated . Agree on all the points mentioned above from a product perspective

Comment

Originally posted by amitabh View Post
                      i feel that LVMH takeover has something to do with this . LVMH bosses may have decided to milk this brand ..perhaps having little understanding of the heritage and risk involved .

i have written to them complaining about the state of affiars . Seems they have a problem with the channel level also......selling thru grey market now .

coupled with that no support on marketing ....even their facebook page dosnt get updated . Agree on all the points mentioned above from a product perspective
                      If you are referring to Panerai, they are under Richemont. Tag and Hublot is under LVMH.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
                      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
                        If you are referring to Panerai, they are under Richemont. Tag and Hublot is under LVMH.

thanks for the correction ....
                        :-)

LVMH - Richmont point remains same ...what do u feel?

Comment

resale value for used Panerai has dropped alot since 2016
                          the brand is losing appeal fast
                          1) All items are 100% authentic original, buy with confidence
                          2) Prices are negotiable but no lowball
                          3) Delivery can be arranged with non refundable courier fee
                          4) Goods sold as-is conditions no refund no warranty
                          5) I am not responsible for lost mail

Comment

thanks for the correction ....
                            :-)

LVMH - Richmont point remains same ...what do u feel?
                            There's so much I can talk about Panerai. I have shared some of my opinions openly via a few threads I started and posts I have posted in others threads.

The bottom line is, like Swatch Group (the crazy company who wanted to rule the watch world) and LVMH (a group who wanted to grow like the big boys), Richemont (the one in the middle) is a group of companies that have to answer to their shareholders and board of directors and milking every single brand under their group is not an option or a choice, it's business.

...bosses may have decided to milk this brand ..perhaps having little understanding of the heritage and risk involved ....
                            There's an interesting write up about "Panerai does not really care whether the stories that were passed on when Cartier/Vendome bought the brand name and the remaining stock of the original Panerai company in 1997 are true or not."

Here's the link to a very interesting site of the brand and the quote was taken directly from it.

https://perezcope.com/2017/02/08/vin...tion-purposes/

So yes, I have to agree with your point above and they are willing to risk such a move because the true nature of the true history of the brand is so grey that it matters not to Richemont if it's real or not. They just don't care as long as it sells, why would they care. Hell, even the CEO said things that contradict his actions. That really pissed off many many Ristis.

And my final point...I have shared this with some of my closest Ristis friends whom I have made more than any other brands...the real movers of Panerai were the hardcore Risti. These crazy fanatic hardcore fans are the ones that's willing to fork out those ridiculous obscene amount of money for a Panerai. For $50,000, which one would you buy? A 201A or a 233 PLUS 311?

For a true hardcore Risti, no doubt the 201A but for some who just wanted a Panerai, surely the in-house movt is the selling point. Who's crazy enough to pay $50,000 for a $200 ETA movement? The hardcore Ristis. But now that most of them (not all) are gone, the new era of Panerai followers dictate the market plus the endless choices one is spoilt for contributes largely as well. Now, not only the new models are taking a hit, the vintages are as well.

Also regarding the so-called "in house" movements are not really in house from Panerai, but rather a shared movement factory within the Richemont group.

And I have not even touch on the SEs yet. The reproduction of too many SEs was the final blow to the Ristis.

Maybe I am just old skool, the Panerai I knew was bonded by grown men and ladies who shared the same passion for this brand making it exclusive and special. And just like Panerai now which they have moved on and evolved, the fine gents and ladies of this brand which I built a bond with have moved on as well...to other brands.

Comment

i italicized and underlined one of your comment which i stand corrected. the company have truly grown. over the past decade, they have watches, liquor - Hennessy + others , luggage - rimowa, bicycle - pinarello, cosemetic, etc under their company. the company seems to be moving towards luxury lifestyle.

it seems to be that the company is following the template that the brand sells itself. when you see a rimowa @ the carousell at the airport, you know it is a rimowa because it has its signature. the pinarello bicycle is used by team sky who has dominated the podium finish on the world's most renowned cycling - tour de france for the past few years.

panerai itself does have its unique feature - the case. when you see the case, you know it is a panerai. maybe they are trying to move panerai the Rolex way?

remember i ask you before several years back at a coffee shop in marine parade? i ask you if panerai goes the rolex way, will panerai survive? i believe it will. the coffee shop that we met is no longer there. things evolve and change.

the motto - the fittest survive.

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
                              There's so much I can talk about Panerai. I have shared some of my opinions openly via a few threads I started and posts I have posted in others threads.

The bottom line is, like Swatch Group (the crazy company who wanted to rule the watch world) and LVMH (a group who wanted to grow like the big boys), Richemont (the one in the middle) is a group of companies that have to answer to their shareholders and board of directors and milking every single brand under their group is not an option or a choice, it's business.

There's an interesting write up about "Panerai does not really care whether the stories that were passed on when Cartier/Vendome bought the brand name and the remaining stock of the original Panerai company in 1997 are true or not."

Here's the link to a very interesting site of the brand and the quote was taken directly from it.

https://perezcope.com/2017/02/08/vin...tion-purposes/

So yes, I have to agree with your point above and they are willing to risk such a move because the true nature of the true history of the brand is so grey that it matters not to Richemont if it's real or not. They just don't care as long as it sells, why would they care. Hell, even the CEO said things that contradict his actions. That really pissed off many many Ristis.

And my final point...I have shared this with some of my closest Ristis friends whom I have made more than any other brands...the real movers of Panerai were the hardcore Risti. These crazy fanatic hardcore fans are the ones that's willing to fork out those ridiculous obscene amount of money for a Panerai. For $50,000, which one would you buy? A 201A or a 233 PLUS 311?

For a true hardcore Risti, no doubt the 201A but for some who just wanted a Panerai, surely the in-house movt is the selling point. Who's crazy enough to pay $50,000 for a $200 ETA movement? The hardcore Ristis. But now that most of them (not all) are gone, the new era of Panerai followers dictate the market plus the endless choices one is spoilt for contributes largely as well. Now, not only the new models are taking a hit, the vintages are as well.

Also regarding the so-called "in house" movements are not really in house from Panerai, but rather a shared movement factory within the Richemont group.

And I have not even touch on the SEs yet. The reproduction of too many SEs was the final blow to the Ristis.

Maybe I am just old skool, the Panerai I knew was bonded by grown men and ladies who shared the same passion for this brand making it exclusive and special. And just like Panerai now which they have moved on and evolved, the fine gents and ladies of this brand which I built a bond with have moved on as well...to other brands.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                                ...the company have truly grown. over the past decade, they have watches, liquor - Hennessy + others , luggage - rimowa, bicycle - pinarello, cosemetic, etc under their company. the company seems to be moving towards luxury lifestyle.

it seems to be that the company is following the template that the brand sells itself. when you see a rimowa @ the carousell at the airport, you know it is a rimowa because it has its signature. the pinarello bicycle is used by team sky who has dominated the podium finish on the world's most renowned cycling - tour de france for the past few years...
                                This is LVMH not Swatch Group. No doubt from the beginning of the creation of this LVMH group it's all about luxury and lifestyle.

The Swatch Group is the purest of all groups as they only have watch related brands under them which also include watch movement makers and they wanted to control the entire Swiss watch industry by stopping movement supply to the competitors.

Richemont majority are watch brands including the current topic brand, Panerai, plus couple of luxury clothing brand.

LVMH brands are a mix of a lot of category like you highlighted, from watches to liquor to cosmetic and many others.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X