Rolex Service Centre Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Service Centre Experience

Just to share personal experience for my first visit to RSC, especially having read the inputs by many here. Also it maybe useful to some of us whom had yet to visit the RSC. Be warned that it's quite a long story.

Firstly, gotta say that I'm not a particular fan of Rolex. However, was handed a Rolex OysterDate Precision (ref. 6694) owned by my late grandfather. It is old and the exterior doesn't look well maintained. But miraculously the watch still functions very well (impressed by Rolex movement). For remembrance sake, decided to bring it to RSC to service the movement and clean up, though I knew it's gonna cost a bomb.

The customer service staff are polite. After 10 min, I was told that due to some rust, the technician couldn't open the caseback. They would have to send it to 2nd floor to force open it. In doing so, they may break the case! Was in a dilemma cos no intention to change a new case (it's not about the money). But agreed to proceed cos no choice, else how to service the movement and also the staff told me they would be more careful with it.

Invited to the collection area to wait and was served orange juice. Another 15min wait (quite nerve wrecking). When I next saw the watch, the case was still in one piece (thank god!) and the movement looks great. But more bad news await. The bracelet has several hairline cracks (due to rust) and RSC refused to accept it. The customer service staff was very eager to show me the hairline cracks on the bracelet and in doing so she broke one of the links! I don't mind getting a new bracelet, but give me the original bracelet back in one piece. I was in fact wearing it for the past few days.

To make the story short, RSC would try to fix the broken link (pray hard they don't cause more destruction) and return the original bracelet back when the watch is ready for collection. In all, total damage is $1169. $500 for overhaul, $44 for new hands and $625 for bracelet. It would take 3 weeks.

Could have add another $500 to get another better condition 6646. But for remembrance sake, it's ok for me. Getting another just wouldn't be the same. Btw, the watch is made in 1969 (older than me).

Apart from its movement, I'm also impressed with the customer service of RSC. At least I can see they try to provide good service.

Thanks for reading.

In my opinion, you should have saved the $44 and not change the hands...

Comment

I hope they do a good job and your watch becomes as good as new again. I have never gotten my watch serviced by RSC, but I have seen lots of before and after pics and they are quite remarkable.
      Buy less, but buy better!

My blog: http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/

Comment

family heirlooms are priceless....great decision...pass it down to future gens
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

RSC provided excellent service on my last visit. They even replace a new screw FOC rounded damaged me during blacelet resize.Also given a free Rolex diary to my day. what more can I ask for

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback. I appreciate the little efforts they make to the experience pleasant to their customers. Would be better if they return old parts.

Comment

in fact e recept/auntie who serve me is quite polite as well during my visit for verification... some more she ask me how much i bought for my sub..
              Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
              Future - Geneva hallmark
              Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post
                in fact e recept/auntie who serve me is quite polite as well during my visit for verification... some more she ask me how much i bought for my sub..
                cuz u handsome maybe?

no lah, they are pretty polite when i sent in my watch also.

mell, im sure you'll gt bk yr heirloom in a very good condition.

Comment

wat the cost for servicing Sub SS??

Comment

Collected the 6694. Like the look and feel on my wrist. Served by a very warm and helpful staff. She told me to help myself when I asked if I can take the Rolex and Tudor catalogues and later gave me a Rolex carrier for them.

Comment

Just wondering can we just go in the RSC to take some catalogue??
                      Current:
                      No More Liao...

Comment

Dun see why not. Just ask and take a copy. Else probably a bit abrupt to walk in ignoring the counter staff.

Comment

Hmmm, good to know that Rolex Center has improved their attitude and are treating the customers well.

Comment

yes i second to fellow bros compliments to RSC...their customer service and attitude had improve over the years.

Comment

Disappointed with Rolex Service Centre (RSC)

Hi is it true that Singapore Rolex Centre will do a swap from a black GMT bezel insert to a Pepsi bezel insert for $107? Is that true? Anyone else here done that?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X