importance of doing homework before purchase of any preown watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importance of doing homework before purchase of any preown watches

late last night, one facebook member posted in the group requesting information on rolex serial number.

i posted several links that is available in this forum in the rolex concierge section in the post.

earlier this morning upon checking facebook, the particular member had message me.

called him and ask him what his concerns were. realize that the member's father went to a place with blue signboard that is providing money lending services. does not sound good at this point in time. then he mentioned that the sales person told member's father that the watch is 2013 where in fact it was a 2006 serial as it was a Z serial.

hence the lesson to take away from this is always do homework before buying. if unsure, it may be more prudent to purchase from a preown watch shop with recommendation instead.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Are you able to share where is "blue signboard" place is?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

how many blue signboard with money lending services?

one more hint - this company has multiple outlets

from there can isolate

Originally posted by triton View Post
      a place with blue signboard that is providing money lending services.
      Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Are you able to share where is "blue signboard" place is?
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

importance of doing homework before purchase of any preown watches

For novice like me, it is very challenging to know if that particular watch I am interested is genuine or not and its true value. Would there be an independent verification body to help check this or there are shops that will issue receipt to guarantee the sale?

Comment

Originally posted by shophiao View Post
          For novice like me, it is very challenging to know if that particular watch I am interested is genuine or not and its true value. Would there be an independent verification body to help check this or there are shops that will issue receipt to guarantee the sale?
          Everyone starts being a novice. Challenging, yes, only at the beginning. More reading up online will do you good (or 'bad' - kena poison..hehe). If you have the ability, talk to (the right) people you know and trust about watches before making any decision. It helps. For a start, on your various questions, there are tons of answers here in the forum you can obtain.

There are several 'independent verification body' if you're referring to watch shops that provide watch verification services. They charge a fee for that. Of course, the official verification body is ROLEX itself but they no longer provide this service some years back.

I don't quite understand "there are shops that will issue receipt to guarantee the sale" ... don't watch shops issue receipt for sale of their watches? Unless if you purchase from an owner/private seller, you should be issued a receipt for a watch purchase from a shop.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Not just knowledge, but also simple basics. If GMT or Sub, pre-2012 should be aluminum, not ceramic, inserts. But agree, always do homework and know what you want to buy and not get BS'd.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X