Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advisory : Recommendation for first Rolex?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first rolex will likely be a Daytona. If budget permits the WG Meteorite for true exclusivity because no 2 meteorite dial is alike.
    Daytona Everose Chocolate Dial
    GMT-Master II Black and Blue Ceramic Bezel
    Tag Heuer Kirium Series Black Dial

Comment

• got myself a no-date subc abt 2 weeks back.. recommended for 1st Rolex..

Comment

• Hi, I am new in this forum. Finally able to post in this section..
        May like to ask few questions..
        A Rolex watch for men, starts from what price range?

Explored the Rolex.com website, and got interested in this model 116334, Datejust 2, 41mm.
        White gold and steel, fluted bezel. But I can't find a Black dial in their webpage. But I viewed many with black dial on Instagram. Anyone can advise on this..?

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Wreman View Post
          I just got date just II one week ago. love it
          I also like Datejust 2.
          What price you paid for..?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fugu_88 View Post
            Hi, I am new in this forum. Finally able to post in this section..
            May like to ask few questions..
            A Rolex watch for men, starts from what price range?

Explored the Rolex.com website, and got interested in this model 116334, Datejust 2, 41mm.
            White gold and steel, fluted bezel. But I can't find a Black dial in their webpage. But I viewed many with black dial on Instagram. Anyone can advise on this..?

Thank you
            Originally posted by Fugu_88 View Post
            I also like Datejust 2.
            What price you paid for..?

Thanks.
            Oh along the way, in search of my first Rolex...
            After read so much in this and other forums, with very good reviews of the iconic Sub.

Finally settled with a Black Sub w/date, liked it very much. No regret...!

Comment

• looking to grab my first rolex.
              between daytona and submariner. which would be a better choice?

Comment

• I think any Rolex model can be your first, it depends of how much cash you want to spend... IMHO

"Better without a watch,
                than a fake watch !"

Comment

• Got my first rolex 1 year after i graduated from uni. Was a sub 116610LN.

Never regretted since. Even if i will upgrade to a daytona or any other watch, the submariner will always be a keeper.
                  sigpic
                  SS Submariner 116610LN

'The World Is My Oyster'

Comment

• I have got to say, I cant wait to lay my hands on my first rolley. Was torn between black and green subc and batman. Finally decided it will be the hulk. Funny thing is, black subc may appear common. But every time I see someone spot it, it has that powerful feeling to the wearer and the looker(or at least in my opinion). To be honest, I have not seen anyone wear a hulk in my office or around my vicinity... funny...

Comment

• Looking for my 1st Rolex...

Any recommendation for reliable shop to get a new one besides the usual Cortina & Hourglass??

See many in this forum...But dunno which is reliable.

Comment

• Originally posted by karu View Post
                        Looking for my 1st Rolex...

Any recommendation for reliable shop to get a new one besides the usual Cortina & Hourglass??

See many in this forum...But dunno which is reliable.
                        Wahhh... very vague remark..

I haven't heard anyone of them that is unreliable if you are intending to buy a new ROLEX watch. Unless you have heard otherwise, you may want to share with us?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Pardon me for my ignorance...Check out the AD & some smaller shops selling New Rolexes.

Observation is that the small shops are offering a lower price ( ard 500 cheaper) than the ADs. Just that I'm not sure if there's any risk of getting a 'Like New' piece being passed off as a new one?

Just need to gather some feedback on the difference between getting from ADs vs other shops (like some listed here). Pros / Cons?

Comment

• as long as the company name is not listed under rolex singapore authorized dealer, then it is likely what most people termed those rolex sold by them as parallel imports.

your query on - like new piece being passed off as a new one, it is usually based on the integrity on the shop. however there are tell-tale signs can be spotted. if you are afraid that those non AD selling like new piece passed off as a new one then go to AD.

pros from getting from AD

- guarantee brand new.
                            - selection of watch brands wider than non AD
                            - may get invitation to watch events

cons from getting from AD

- higher priced watch compared to non AD

pros from getting from non AD

- lower price

cons from getting from non AD

- like you mention, risk of getting a like new passed off as new
                            - selection of watch brands not as wide as AD
                            - not possible to be invited to watch events

Originally posted by karu View Post
                            Pardon me for my ignorance...Check out the AD & some smaller shops selling New Rolexes.

Observation is that the small shops are offering a lower price ( ard 500 cheaper) than the ADs. Just that I'm not sure if there's any risk of getting a 'Like New' piece being passed off as a new one?

Just need to gather some feedback on the difference between getting from ADs vs other shops (like some listed here). Pros / Cons?
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Thanks for the reply.

What's the typical price diff between Grey Importer vs ADs? My check on one shop is~ $500. True?

Comment

• Originally posted by karu View Post
                                Thanks for the reply.

What's the typical price diff between Grey Importer vs ADs? My check on one shop is~ $500. True?
                                I believe the prices are quite transparent. You can easily check it out online or make some calls to enquire. Some Rolex watch models I recently came across:

Seadweller 4000 a.k.a. SD4K (RRP: $13,990)
                                Some ADs are selling at a slight discount (10% or less), some maybe no discount. Grey dealers are selling it between mid 10K to high 11K. Can see the difference?

GMTIIC BLNR a.k.a. Batman (RRP: $12,010)
                                IIRC, most ADs are still selling this model at list price or premium. You can check online and here in the forum how much the grey dealers are selling it.

Submariner ND a.k.a. Sub No-Date (RRP: $10,030)
                                Recently, this model has been getting popular (I dunno why), and the discount at best is 5-6% from the ADs. Grey dealers are selling it between mid and high 8K. See the difference?

There are many other models you can check and make comparisons. Hope you get lucky
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X