Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some 10 weird questions people asked and answers when buying watches

Recently been posting some watches for sale

Weird questions i received regards my sales like...

1... how many winds your watch reach max? can tell me exactly when the watch stops after your max winding? total how many hours and minutes till it stop? seriously how many of us keep track?

2.... after agreeing price, need to wait for finance minister (wife) to agree some more? Next time ask your treasurer/finance minister/daddy/mummy first la

3.... installment plan ? reserve till pay day? i now oversea can reserve for me till i come back? very common 'potential' buyers are asking...Full installment paid up then u get the watch

4... can get the original box and certificate for me then i buy..box still can get, original cert gone beyond the winds how to get?

5.... you accept other country currencies? i got no time to go money changer. I'm curious, the buyer has thousands of foreign currencies and free time to view sg-roc but no time to go money changer

6....super low ballers who can slash your price by 50%! try your luck somewhere else, u are wasting your time more by doing this to everybody

7....usual questions... any digit of 4? pls... Panerais come in size 44mm, before u buy, is already double 44 .

8...can tell me the s/no of your watch? the shop u buy? got original purchase of receipt, how much u pay? The watch for sale is preowned at 2nd price, if you expecting all these documents, suggest you buy brand new and pay 1st hand price lei

9....bargain over $50 when the sales of watch is above $10k....If you are dealing with thousands of dollars, pls don't bargain over $50 la

10...using a low value watch market of $2k to $3k to trade straight a panerai....There is this thing call internet and sg-roc. The price of your watch can check in the market easily lor

No offence to anybody just posting this thread for humourous purposes and readings only

Another one weird thing people do.... to PM you to tell you to call his mobile number.
    Why can't sms/contact me straight?

Comment

If you have encountered all these within the no-so-long period of selling your watches through the forum(s), then I would say you damn "sway" lor.

So far I have only come across no.7 as a seller. And I have to admit that, due to that, I have also started to avoid 4 in the serial no. when I buy a PAM since history says that I would most probably going to flip it quite quickily

As for no.6, there is one quite well-known 4-letter word member who goes around super-lowballing people. Not sure if you had encountered the same person
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I received many thru sms , don't know who are they. But notice a member here starting with 'S' been going around balling.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          ...As for no.6, there is one quite well-known 4-letter word member who goes around super-lowballing people. Not sure if you had encountered the same person
          But his sale threads, price very firm one
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I'll gladly welcome number 9 with open arms though.... Haha

Comment

"s" low balling. Sounds familiar .
              Didn't track but think I saw some before.

If I m selling at 10k I will welcome $50 discount and sell off earlier.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I think the scenario TS refers to is, asking price $10k (or +/-), after negotiation, seller gave some discount already, buyer still die die want another $50 discount.

Comment

Hi steve1968tan,

I'm rather amazed that with your very short history (Nov 2011?) of trading in this forum, you can come across so many "questions". Simply amazing . Though I agree with one/two of those questions you raised 'weird', most, I think are not illogical. Whether you like it or not, when you are selling in an online platform, for whatever items they are, there are bound to have questions thrown at you. To me, as long as the questions are directed at the item(s) and not irrelevant to its sale, I'm fine. Do note that not everyone are equally knowledgeable and au fait. Some may just be starters/beginners. A little patience go a long way.

Do pardon me if I may have mistaken you to be another watch lover/hobbyist, like me. I have to clarify that I am not a watch dealer/PI of any sort and I buy-sell watches as my hobby, well sometimes helping some close friends too. So I may not feel as deeply affected as a professional watch dealer/seller.

Tx.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If you have encountered all these within the no-so-long period of selling your watches through the forum(s), then I would say you damn "sway" lor.

So far I have only come across no.7 as a seller. And I have to admit that, due to that, I have also started to avoid 4 in the serial no. when I buy a PAM since history says that I would most probably going to flip it quite quickily

As for no.6, there is one quite well-known 4-letter word member who goes around super-lowballing people. Not sure if you had encountered the same person
                    Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    But his sale threads, price very firm one
                    Do you mean toby?

Originally posted by steve1968tan View Post
                    I received many thru sms , don't know who are they. But notice a member here starting with 'S' been going around balling.
                    Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                    "s" low balling. Sounds familiar .
                    Didn't track but think I saw some before.

If I m selling at 10k I will welcome $50 discount and sell off earlier.
                    Do you mean santafe?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      Do you mean toby?

Do you mean santafe?

No comment . Im sure a forum search will bring up some names.
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I think the scenario TS refers to is, asking price $10k (or +/-), after negotiation, seller gave some discount already, buyer still die die want another $50 discount.
                        Correct bro... assuming i'm selling a watch for 10K, buyer ask for best price, i give 9k and the buyer request $8950. Since i already give my best that's my best at $9k. Buyer back out of deal over $50.

Comment

what i find more rude is when people just drop "dead" and stop all communication. its one thing to change your mind, but its just rude to stop communicating. afterall how hard is it to just say "sorry, changed my mind!"
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            what i find more rude is when people just drop "dead" and stop all communication. its one thing to change your mind, but its just rude to stop communicating. afterall how hard is it to just say "sorry, changed my mind!"
                            Can't agree more on this!!!

Ask many questions and then never say on or not on...sibei TL.

Comment

For me as long the questions asked are related to the item or watch that i am selling i dun really mind to answer them...

Not all potiential buyers are seasoned collectors or experts...

Afterall i am a newbie once...and still learning many new things about watches from all kind bros n sisters here...

My 2 cents of opinions
                              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X