Advice for purchase at London Heathrow Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for purchase at London Heathrow Airport

Seeking advice please on the payment mode for purchase of a Rolex at London Heathrow Airport. And how to get the VAT refund.
    Thanks in advance.
    Our eyes must be ugliest part of our face; everyone looks good when wearing sunglasses

Hey there,

I'm really new to this forum, but had an experience recently from purchasing a Tudor from Watches of Switzerland at London Heathrow Terminal 5.

If you are able to produce a boarding pass which demonstrates that you are traveling out of Europe, you will be given a price excluding VAT. Payment methods can be done either by cash or credit card, but as with most other retailers, they can offer a better price if you pay in cash (lower administration fees). The price I transacted at was just over $3,000 SGD which is about $900 or so cheaper than the price quoted in Changi Airport, Singapore.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Reuben

Comment

Originally posted by reubenlym View Post
      Hey there,

I'm really new to this forum, but had an experience recently from purchasing a Tudor from Watches of Switzerland at London Heathrow Terminal 5.

If you are able to produce a boarding pass which demonstrates that you are traveling out of Europe, you will be given a price excluding VAT. Payment methods can be done either by cash or credit card, but as with most other retailers, they can offer a better price if you pay in cash (lower administration fees). The price I transacted at was just over $3,000 SGD which is about $900 or so cheaper than the price quoted in Changi Airport, Singapore.

I hope this helps!

Best,
      Reuben
      Good, useful information. Tx for generosity
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hey there,

I hope this helps!

Best,
        Reuben
        Thank you as the information is a great help.

Please may I trouble you with some questions.
        Is the shop located before or after the immigration counter?
        Did you pay in pound, usd or sgd?
        Our eyes must be ugliest part of our face; everyone looks good when wearing sunglasses

Comment

Originally posted by hypeunot View Post
          Thank you as the information is a great help.

Please may I trouble you with some questions.
          Is the shop located before or after the immigration counter?
          Did you pay in pound, usd or sgd?
          It was after immigration. I was actually in transit from Germany as I had just bought my first Rolex there - a 16610LV Submariner. Will upload pictures separately once I'm able to start my own thread!

If you're using a credit card, always ALWAYS pay in the local currency. This would be GBP at Heathrow Airport. As I understand from a few retail bankers I spoke to, if you select SGD, there is a 'double conversion' charge.

Comment

purchased there in Dec 17. sign up for the Heathrow rewards card and get rebates (sadly only credit next day), was able to get £220 rebates for a datejust 41..

Comment

Originally posted by inzaghi09 View Post
              purchased there in Dec 17. sign up for the Heathrow rewards card and get rebates (sadly only credit next day), was able to get £220 rebates for a datejust 41..
              Please may I know if the rebate is to offset the next purchase?

Comment

If your flight's at Terminal 5, you can make an online appointment for the VAT refund. Will cost £120 though, but worth it if you have many VAT receipts, running late or to avoid long queues.

Comment

It was after immigration. I was actually in transit from Germany as I had just bought my first Rolex there - a 16610LV Submariner. Will upload pictures separately once I'm able to start my own thread!

If you're using a credit card, always ALWAYS pay in the local currency. This would be GBP at Heathrow Airport. As I understand from a few retail bankers I spoke to, if you select SG, there is a 'double conversion' charge.
                  assuming this applies to all purchases - helpful tip thanks!

Comment

Yes it's always better to pay in the local currency where the purchase is made.

Comment

Thank you to all for the advice and information. Am now at Heathrow T2. Only stainless sports model at the Rolex store is a blue Milguass

Comment

Hey there,

I hope this helps!

Best,
                        Reuben
                        Thank you for the information.
                        Present own
                        Rolex sub 116610LN
                        Tudor Back bay Bronze REF: M79250BM-0001
                        MILLE MIGLIA GT XL POWER control REF. No:168457-3001
                        Tag Heuer 4000 series

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse