Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Sports Models List Price in JPY

Hi all,

This is the list price (less 8% VAT) I have gotten from a Japan AD for some of the popular sports models.

116610LV 860,000
    116710BNLR 850,000
    126600 1,080,000
    116610LN 810,000
    114060 710,000
    116613LB 1,290,000
    116500LN 1,180,000
    116710LN 800,000

Does anyone has experience buying from ADs in Japan? Please share in terms of purchasing experience, discounts (if any), stock availability etc. Thanks!

Ah man, was just looking for this as I have a trip to Tokyo next year. Unfortunately too late as I have already pulled the trigger on 114060.

Just for sharing, I purchased a 116610LV from AD in Tokyo back in Nov 2014; no discount on popular models. This was some time before the massive increase in demand, I believe. At last check, Hulk and Batman not available in most places; not sure of basic steel sports models.

Comment

Originally posted by r3kahsttub View Post
      Ah man, was just looking for this as I have a trip to Tokyo next year. Unfortunately too late as I have already pulled the trigger on 114060.

Just for sharing, I purchased a 116610LV from AD in Tokyo back in Nov 2014; no discount on popular models. This was some time before the massive increase in demand, I believe. At last check, Hulk and Batman not available in most places; not sure of basic steel sports models.
      Did you still recall the price you paid? Was it somewhat way cheaper than SG RRP? And did they display the Hulk in their showcase?

Comment

I'm from MY, so I do not know the then-price of equivalent watch in SG. However, I paid MYR27,800 for 116610LV from AD in Tokyo. If I remember correctly, this was still lower than price from AD in MY. And yes, Hulk displayed in case. But again, this was back in 2014. I have also come across Hulk in display case when traveling in Bangkok in 2015.

Comment

I guess on hindsight it was a great decision to have gotten the Hulk. I really doubt I would have much luck getting any sports model but still worth a try. Btw, did you pay the price without tax or you had to claim VAT refund at the Japan airport?

Comment

I will be going to Japan in Dec. Looking to get my first Rolex. Is it really cheaper? The 116610LN is around $9700 after conversion... list price is $11440.

Comment

Originally posted by sti8k View Post
              I will be going to Japan in Dec. Looking to get my first Rolex. Is it really cheaper? The 116610LN is around $9700 after conversion... list price is $11440.
              I think at the moment, it's no longer about getting it cheaper here or there. It's about GETTING IT or not! Most of the regular steel sports models were mostly out of stock at the local ADs, including some pre-owned watch shops. The PIs and greys are now milking as much as they can now by sky-rocketing their prices for these models because of the "scarcity".

My friend just visited Hong Kong over last week and was shocked to learn of the luxury watch situation over there. Some ADs and shops he checked had no new ROLEX sports models for sale - zero! He thought he got lucky when he chanced upon a NOS steel Daytona (black dial) for sale in a dealer shop, only to realize it was selling at 30K!! YES!!! A whopping THIRTY THOUSAND SINGAPORE DOLLARS

Also in the same shop, a new HULK was selling at 16K+

What's happening?!
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                I think at the moment, it's no longer about getting it cheaper here or there. It's about GETTING IT or not! Most of the regular steel sports models were mostly out of stock at the local ADs, including some pre-owned watch shops. The PIs and greys are now milking as much as they can now by sky-rocketing their prices for these models because of the "scarcity".

My friend just visited Hong Kong over last week and was shocked to learn of the luxury watch situation over there. Some ADs and shops he checked had no new ROLEX sports models for sale - zero! He thought he got lucky when he chanced upon a NOS steel Daytona (black dial) for sale in a dealer shop, only to realize it was selling at 30K!! YES!!! A whopping THIRTY THOUSAND SINGAPORE DOLLARS

Also in the same shop, a new HULK was selling at 16K+

What's happening?!
                You are absolutely right! That's the reason why I said I am not harbouring much hope in getting one but just trying my luck. The JPY prices seem like a steal but that's if you can land one. It seems Rolex has cut its supply drastically leading to a dearth in stock esp for the popular Sports models.

Comment

Originally posted by sti8k View Post
                  Looking at the list prices (less 8% VAT), it is definitely cheaper. The issue is getting one. The outlets I have emailed all came back saying there are no stocks and they do not know when the next shipment date is. So hopefully you are lucky to get one and please update here when you are back!

Comment

Originally posted by mirage View Post
                    You are absolutely right! That's the reason why I said I am not harbouring much hope in getting one but just trying my luck. The JPY prices seem like a steal but that's if you can land one. It seems Rolex has cut its supply drastically leading to a dearth in stock esp for the popular Sports models.
                    That remains a mystery. It's either ROLEX has cut its supply or some middlemen are manipulating supply. It's making me wonder if it may be some kind of strategy to move their less popular models.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      That remains a mystery. It's either ROLEX has cut its supply or some middlemen are manipulating supply. It's making me wonder if it may be some kind of strategy to move their less popular models.
                      That might be true. But you are aware places like SG & HK, the ADs sell based on relationship right? So even if they have the stocks, they will not sell to you unless you have a good buying relationship with them. Are you looking to buy any SS models right now?

Comment

Not my pic, but here is something I came across online, from a new grey dealer that recently opened in HK. Who says there is a shortage? Just greys stock piling and driving prices further up.

Comment

Originally posted by mirage View Post
                          That might be true. But you are aware places like SG & HK, the ADs sell based on relationship right? So even if they have the stocks, they will not sell to you unless you have a good buying relationship with them. Are you looking to buy any SS models right now?
                          Yes, I am aware. To a certain extent, some (more) popular models they would keep. But it seemed of late, you see even the less popular models lesser. I was looking for one but have given up. And even if there is, the price will be hard to swallow.
                          Last edited by Oceanklassik; 08-11-17, 09:18 AM.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Not my pic, but here is something I came across online, from a new grey dealer that recently opened in HK. Who says there is a shortage? Just greys stock piling and driving prices further up.

.. hard to believe
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Sorry, just in case you missed my question. Did you pay the Rolex at Japan AD at the price less 8% VAT? I.e. there is no need to do tax refund right?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X